Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/3/2020 7:24:15 PM EDT
On the Eastside, definitely seeing some empty shelves for staples like TP, rice, water, disinfectants. I heard the Costco was pretty chaotic on the weekend. My local supermarket said Saturday was their record sales day.

Amazon Fresh is taking ~48 hours to deliver groceries (versus normal same day service) and they are all out of TP as well.

We are at 9 deaths today. Given 50 people from that nursing home are confirmed sick, I imagine that number is going to ramp pretty damn quickly and cause more panic.

I'm fortunate that I can stay home and avoid crowds completely, which is what I am doing since I'm not that far from the epicenter.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I work right by the Woodinville Costco and it's been a shit show there for the last few days.
I haven't seen any empty spots driving by, tried to go in Friday at lunch and gave up after circling the building without finding a spot.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Humans are generally stupid creatures that frighten easily.

I'm in North Kitsap county and most of the grocery stores near me are fine, though I heard Costco in Silverdale got ratfucked over the weekend.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Grocery stores weren't that bad, but tp and cleaners were pretty bare.

I was at shoreline Costco briefly last Friday and it was busy as fuck middle of the day. Otherwise haven't left the house much :-/ maybe I should try to get out to the range. Should be quiet during the week with this weather at Kenmore on the member range
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw this ad on craigslist. lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Bellingham Costco was packed on Sunday. More than usual. People with multiple carts packed full. Haven’t checked out the grocery stores.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

The Tumwater Costco was nuts Sunday am.  Normally, if I get there before 1100 hours (when the sample carts deploy) it is pretty chill.  Not so 01 March.  Jeebus.  As I posted to my Book of Face:  "You know it's serious when nobody stops for the free samples."  No joke - people were blowing right past the free Bagel Bites to score TP and bottled water.  All I wanted was some cheap booze and salmon.  Both were delicious, btw.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 1:06:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered 20 stripper clips for an SKS.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 1:22:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Smokey Point at 0945 this morning. No paper until Thursday. I wouldn’t say people were panicked but they were for sure there with a purpose, everyone straight back to the water and cleaning supplies.

Gas pumps were empty

Link Posted: 3/4/2020 2:46:49 AM EDT
[#10]
so many people freaking out over a mild illness.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 3:00:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Local fred meyers is out if TP and hand sanatizer and liquid soap.

WTF is up with neckbearding the TP???!
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 3:13:01 AM EDT
[#12]
We’ve needed to go to Costco but kinda avoided it due to panic etc.
Mostly just needed tp which the wife found at Fred Meyer.  We’re good to go here in our household minus a few little things. So far, you can find a lot on Amazon minus N95 type masks. But for how long, I don’t know?
This might be “just a flu, or just a cold” buuuuuut, people have died from it and I think there’s more to it than just the average virus. I’m more worried about a disruption of the supply chain and quarantines than anything else.
Be safe, be prepared and be smart.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 3:32:42 AM EDT
[#13]
its like boog lite
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 3:45:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This might be “just a flu, or just a cold” buuuuuut, people have died from it and I think there’s more to it than just the average virus.
View Quote
It can give healthy young adults newmonia. Not oldmonia, thats your old mans monia.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#15]
People are indeed stupid, the normal flu kills thousands every year in this country but most don't care.

From the CDC;
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Out of SPAM?

That alone would cause a panic in my home!
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Fred Meyers was slim on water and TP today. Canned food, Mountain house and cleaners were also slim.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#18]
COSTCO N.SPOKO, was out of Kirkland brand TP, but had charmin. Cases of water was moving swiftly, seemed to be plenty of staple items.

The N95s I bought 3 Jan have been selling like wildfire, I also bought alot of 3m half respirators for $9.95 on amazon, those have quadrupled in price as well. I'm considering raising the price again. Daddy needs a new fishing boat.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Bellevue Walmart shelved were pretty bare last night.

Apparently, this virus is going to give everyone the shits as TP seems to be out everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got back from Bellingham Costco again. Got stuff for dinners. Had a shit ton of water. Limit 5 per person. No toilet paper that I could find except flushable wipes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#21]
As long as costco has beer than I am not worried.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
so many people freaking out over a mild illness.
View Quote
I guess you have zero friends and family over 60 or with health issues? Not to mention that the hospitals are going to be full of people with this, good luck if you need any other kind of medical help.

Link Posted: 3/4/2020 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I guess you have zero friends and family over 60 or with health issues? Not to mention that the hospitals are going to be full of people with this, good luck if you need any other kind of medical help.

https://i.insider.com/5e5fc740fee23d14eb3dd212?width=700&format=jpeg&auto=webp
View Quote
I'm not going to panic buy a bunch of bullshit, nor run around pulling my hair out worrying about silly shit just because the news and the crackpots in ARFCOM GD think I should.

I'll keep my trust in my direct family members that are hospital workers, one of whom is a respiratory therapist here in WA.

if folks feel better pretending they will need to hunker indoors for months on end then more power to them. To folks making $$ selling masks that wont do shit because others wont do research I can only smile and wish I had thought to do the same.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Normal day to day for me, common colds and beer shits don't scare me.  Not being able to purchase toilet paper does, but I have plenty of t shirts I can afford to toss out if it comes down to it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I think more people will die in car crashes racing to the nearest store than Will die from the apocalyptic flu!
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#26]
I bet they will bring back the doomsday preppers show after it all calms down.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Went to the Business Costco in Fife yesterday. It opens at 7am. About 50 people in line waiting for the doors to open. Usually it's a ghost town. When the door rolled half way up the woman that checks the membership cards made an announcement that everybody was going to be orderly and calm and they would point to you when you were allowed to come in single file. One Korean guy tried to cut the line and was shut down. No TP, paper towel,  hand sanitizer or anti bacteria wipes. Lots of bottled water, liquid hand soap and they just got a shipment of rice in.  I saw a guy that I hope he buying for a Chinese restaurant but he was loading 24 50lb bags of rice into his van.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#28]
The purge has begun
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Why do people keep comparing the number of illnesses and dead to the flu without any notion to exposure likelihood? It's annoying. No shit the Flu has killed more, so did the bubonic plague...
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
WTF is up with neckbearding the TP???!
View Quote
Do you really want to run out of TP in the middle of crapping yourself to death?
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I am ready to bug out.

Or burn infected corpses.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Traffic definitely seems to be lighter...
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Im in Eastern WA and our Costco was cleaned out on Sunday. Im down to 2 rolls of TP so I guess Im gonna have to go hunting tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good. I’m driving from Bellingham to Bonney Lake tomorrow and back again. I don’t want to see any traffic
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:12:27 AM EDT
[#36]
The tp was fully stocked at the winco in silverlake/everett today.

Lots of everything.

I bought TP and more rice. Since my rice bucket was nearly empty and I was down to 4 rolls of buttwipe. No line either. Roughly 4pm.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:37:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Haven't hear anyone post about SW WA. Will be going to Costco tomorrow for our normal monthly trip, not really expecting too much difference.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 2:58:01 AM EDT
[#38]
It’s a dumpster fire around woodinville. Apparently the School District is shutting down for 2 wks too.

Once Costco restocks, we’re gonna have to stock up to counter the idiots cuz we shop for supplies for 11 people, so normally we are at Costco every week/couple weeks for stuff.

And it’s so stupid that the first corona death happened last Wednesday, and the “oh so great” Public Health didn’t even know.

I potentially was exposed since I chatted with a person from the place where the “unknown actual first death” in WA happened before the public officials  came out with the tally
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Friend sent me a picture of the Yakima Costco picked clean. The grocery stores in my town are out of TP and hand sanitizer.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I went to Winco in Lacey today and they had plenty of TP.  Only thing they really seemed low on was bottled water, bleach and some cleaning wipes.

Last Friday I went to Costco in Lacey and there were no issues there.  Quite a difference in a week, from all reports.

My food storage inventory spreadsheet shows I have about 300 "person days" of food stored, plus the normal crap in the pantry and fridge (probably at least another 30 person days there).  We have 2.5 mouths to feed.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#41]
East Vancouver Costco looked pretty normal today.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#42]
We are pretty stocked up, I would say a mild case of panic... several miles north of Seattle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Smokey Point Costco wiped out of TP, KS paper towels, bottled water and canned tuna. Maybe other things, but that was I noticed.

Also, the hot dogs were served in brown paper bags and they had no straws for the drinks. I don’t know if they had run out of those items or these were just changes that had already been planned.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Good. I’m driving from Bellingham to Bonney Lake tomorrow and back again. I don’t want to see any traffic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How was traffic from Bellingham? My friend goes to a bar in Bonney Lake twice a week. On Wednesday, I was talking to him while he drove from Ballard. He got there in no time! Crazy how empty the roads were.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 12:54:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
How was traffic from Bellingham? My friend goes to a bar in Bonney Lake twice a week. On Wednesday, I was talking to him while he drove from Ballard. He got there in no time! Crazy how empty the roads were.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I left my ex wife’s place at 2PM? I was at Cabela’s in Tulalip by 3:05PM and in Bellingham by 4:45. I’ve never made it that quick at that time. Looking at the freeway on 405, it was like a Sunday morning. Northbound and southbound. I hit just a few min of traffic in Lynwood and Everett. I think I averaged 70 most of the drive.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Google Map of Seattle area that has known cases, closings, and some stock reports from stores.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1V_OzbIhtXDLSdWnUdKXabFjpR-xU3D15&ll=47.70297134174398%2C-122.226381984375&z=10

Quoted:
Smokey Point Costco wiped out of TP, KS paper towels, bottled water and canned tuna. Maybe other things, but that was I noticed.

Also, the hot dogs were served in brown paper bags and they had no straws for the drinks. I don’t know if they had run out of those items or these were just changes that had already been planned.
View Quote
Was just there 2 hours ago pallets of charmin tp and plenty of tuna, no panic.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 5:05:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Think planned, I was at Everett location a few weeks ago and they had new soda lids... And straws.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:08:28 AM EDT
[#48]
There was literally 6 weeks of warning before things got nutty; you either got your shit together or you did not.   For most, the real issue in terms of stocking up will be the effects of companies deciding to do mandatory work from home and schools closing.

People will, ironically, burn a lot more TP when the household isn't crapping at work and school, in addition to going through more food.

The schools just closing for a couple of days to "clean" is a feel-good measure for soccer moms.  If you had cases in the school, all you're doing is bringing a bunch of students in the incubation period right back into the building to spread it around more.

I'm not advocating panic buying.  I sure as hell am not advocating going out and jostling with a bunch of people and fighting over TP.   But some of you are not quite getting what is going on.

Others will look at this and get it:

This is repeating itself at several other places.   That ^ is what Boatswain's chart is talking about.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#49]
who needs toilet paper, a finger and water worked for the cavemen along with the marines.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#50]
It's extraordinarily quiet out there this weekend. I noticed a number of restaurants have closed downtown and eastside.

Inslee is talking about mandatory measures so I'm guessing pretty much all public events are going to be cancelled going forward.

This scientist at Fred Hutch has been on the money so far, he's predicted 2000 infected here in WA by 3/15 (next weekend)

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1236097553520660483?s=21
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top