Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2022 4:08:35 PM EDT
My state(RI) is about to pass a mag ban on anything over mag with a removable floor plate and anything over 10 rounds.  No grandfather clause.  You will either have to sell them or turn them in.    If you’re caught with one over 10, It will be a felony with penalties are 5 years in jail/$5k fine.   I know you guys have a similar law and it’s at SCOTUS(?).   How’s it going, any suggestions….I think we will be following your lead.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Still in litigation.    Originally, they were grandfathered.  I think either a recent law or initiative tried to eliminate grandfathering.  That's all a part of the litigation.  I believe a petition has been filed (don't know the exact terms) asking the Supreme Court to take the case.  I don't know that they have yet.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#2]
So are you allowed to legally keep those mags until the case is settled?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So are you allowed to legally keep those mags until the case is settled?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes. The original ban grandfathered magazines and also the magazines acquired during the week or so after the first federal case ruled against the state, are also still legally possessed.  I don't know if perhaps Connecticut's attempt to outright ban without grandfathering would be different legally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top