Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2021 5:06:43 PM EDT
Did I miss the memo?  Did something change that I just skipped over?  

Unfortunately, we are not able to send stripped lower receivers or complete AR or AK receivers to the State of NY. Sorry we hope this will change soon. We are sorry again, and have a great day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Did I miss the memo?  Did something change that I just skipped over?  

Unfortunately, we are not able to send stripped lower receivers or complete AR or AK receivers to the State of NY. Sorry we hope this will change soon. We are sorry again, and have a great day.
View Quote

View Quote

Is that new?  It must be, I've gotten a few of their meme lowers before.  I wonder if its an over exaggeration to the ghost gun legislation?  They've always been screwy.  Stripped lowers = fine.  High caps with creds = fine.  Ammo = fine.  Complete firearms = NOPE.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, I emailed my FFL (who's also a Deputy Sheriff) and he says he knows of nothing that has changed, just their policy.  I just received a couple 1911 frames from another arfcommer through him a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 3 of their meme lowers already.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#4]
We get them in and sell them most every day....Company you're trying to order from is crawfishing from NYS.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I went through this a while ago but it was complete lower versus parts. Makes no sense either way. It has to go to an FFL no matter what and the complete lower isn't a gun at that point either.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#7]
One of the larger suppliers (PSA or DSA maybe) that stated NOT to order Kits and a Receiver together, if they were the order would be canceled. I order stripped lowers for myself from time to time and have them sent to the Shop I associate with; if we like them, we'll place a quantity order, so far we've had zero problems or refusals. 'course this is New fuck-you-sideways York and things change in the literal New York Minute.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 3:48:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Corporate decision. Been that way for a few months now.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Corporate decision. Been that way for a few months now.
View Quote

One of the Shop's owners spends a lot of time searching out and ordering product:  She's deals with a Dealer Sales Rep from PSA and usually tell me what's going on, and it changes daily:  PSA was going to suspend Dealer Sales for Lower receivers because they couldn't manufacture enough (they have become a major manufacturer/distributor/retailer) however we're still getting other products and receiving for customers that have ordered direct....but that's just Palmetto.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#10]
And we still have companies that are strong enuf to ship us ammo directly, while others cower in the corner.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One of the Shop's owners spends a lot of time searching out and ordering product:  She's deals with a Dealer Sales Rep from PSA and usually tell me what's going on, and it changes daily:  PSA was going to suspend Dealer Sales for Lower receivers because they couldn't manufacture enough (they have become a major manufacturer/distributor/retailer) however we're still getting other products and receiving for customers that have ordered direct....but that's just Palmetto.
View Quote

First clue I had if an issue was a customer who tried to order a stripped lower to be shipped to me a few months ago and was denied. I called them directly and was told that even I as a dealer couldn't order stripped lowers.
The whole product availability excuse bugs me. Why should ban states be victims of opportunity for companies, the first ti be cut out of the distribution system when things get tight. Grabagun did the same thing to us last year and I no longer accept guns from them because they were more than willing to throw NYS under the bus when it was convenient for them to do so
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top