Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2021 10:01:31 PM EDT
Hello All,

Looking for a very reputable Gunsmith to work on an early 1980’s S&W Revolver. Naturally I would prefer someone very versed in older revolvers.

I’m in Western NC and would prefer a shop with in driving distance. Otherwise I would just ship back to S&W.

Recommendations?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Jeff Stucker at On Target in Asheville, or Phil Flack at PF Custom Guns in Asheville.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jeff Stucker at On Target in Asheville, or Phil Flack at PF Custom Guns in Asheville.
View Quote

This... Jeff is faster but Phil is very precise.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been using PF Custom Guns for years. Phil is a good guy. But after my last, and still on going experience with them, no more. They were supposed to make replacement barrels for my Valmet for me. Here we are two years later and I still don’t have them. There experienced gun smith got fired over this and some other things. They have a new guy now. Most of the things I need worked on aren’t going to a new guy.
The last guy is still “working” on my barrels. I just told him I’m picking them up at the end of this month regardless of where he is in the process.
I know most smiths are backed up now but this started two years ago.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]
For repairs I go to Stucker at On Target, and I do trust him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top