Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2020 7:46:58 PM EDT
Does anybody have recommendations on surveying near Rockford? We have 10 acres and just looking to have corner posts marked (dug out again). It’s been shot by the previous owner but overgrowth and fallen trees knocked them out.

Any help would be killer
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Roosien

I've used these guys to mark a corner and property line that had several tree stands the owners said were on their land.  Big nope, by 25+ feet.  

I figured the neighbors might try to mess with the markers so I got some 5/8" rebar and cut it to 5' and we used that.  Easy to find, and pretty hard to pull out.  5 years later, so far, so good.  Fricken Michibillies.

If you are just doing 4 corners, I'd get something heavy to put in the ground that sticks up a foot or so if it wouldn't cause issues with vehicles ever.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I forgot to update. Started running out of options and found Moore and Bruggink off the Michigan surveyors club or something (laughs).

They quoted us $650 to have 10+ acres corner staked and flagged, then they wood staked line of sight past trees. Probably 12 metal corners and 20 wooden stakes with pink tape on them.

These guys are badass and $1200 cheaper than the next estimate I got (must be nice).

If anyone needs corners or lines ran, these guys are awesome. We found hundreds of feet we didn’t know we had, 2 trail cams on trees 60 feet into our property, 2 stands on our trees and more.

If you’re not 100%, get your shit checked
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Roosien was cheaper for me as they had done the boundary survey a few years previous.  I think I called 4 places.  I have a county section monument on my land so it makes a nice starting point.

Yeah, smaller neighboring land owners always think they have more land than they do.  I'm at the point where I'm going to clearcut a half mile of property line and just run a 54" fence along my south 80.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Ouch. We’re between some wetlands and mom and pop farm land. The survey company laughs and says “add 200 feet that way” into the water that we don’t care about, but have a feeling it’s going to be a lot of time with a t post driver, orange hi vis marking paint, a machete, and some vegetation killer to make the lines stick.

Probably end up putting some 2” pipe as deep in the ground as we can and cement that thing for a few corners and be able to run a string corner to corner when the next door guys come out and see survey marks in “mah property” and rip stuff down
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top