Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2021 3:38:40 PM EDT
Almost certainly not happening because nannies don't want to leave others alone, but I like it anyway.

https://coloradosun.com/2021/02/02/weld-county-secession-wyoming-2/
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Would be my dream come true. Not gonna hold my breath though
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I've lost count of how many times they have said they would leave. Not complaining, I just know it won't go far.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#3]
They threaten to secede all the time.

If they ever do it and are successful, I plan on moving a few miles north into Weld
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#4]
This would save me and my workplace a move.  I'll support it, but won't expect it to ever happen.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Can Elbert county go with them?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can Elbert county go with them?
View Quote

Good idea.

Here's a post from a Weld commissioner.

https://www.facebook.com/CommissionerScottJames/posts/3403814316393770

Ouch. Weld County's relationship with the glorious capital city suddenly feels just like that bad, co-dependent relationship I had in high school: the only time we feel loved is when the rumor that we're thinking about leaving for another gets back to the one with whom we're supposedly in a relationship.

We're independent and we're proud. We love our families, our businesses, our farms, our ranches, our oil patches, our pickup trucks, and our God. We love our life and we love our livelihoods and really all we want is to be left alone.

Per my OP, that part in bold is really the problem for the control freaks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Please do, we moved into Weld Cty in November.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Please do, we moved into Weld Cty in November.
View Quote
never gonna happen, bud.  

move up to WY.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
never gonna happen, bud.  

move up to WY.
View Quote

Only problem being it's a sellers market at the moment. But there's room for like minded folks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Only problem being it's a sellers market at the moment. But there's room for like minded folks.
View Quote
it's a seller's market everywhere that isn't seattle, portlandia, NYC, and/or kali, bud.

act accordingly.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
it's a seller's market everywhere that isn't seattle, portlandia, NYC, and/or kali, bud.

act accordingly.
View Quote

Yeah. I'm a few weeks out from closing on my house...
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I've replied on Scott's page as well as the Weld Co WY page that I don't think it will ever happen.

Though I've seen positive support from some in Wyoming, I have to ask if WY would really want us?
There's a long stretch of road that separates Cheyenne from Fort Collins and it's a good buffer.
If Weld became WY, then it would border Fort Collins and Boulder county.  How many douche canoes from those places would move to Weld for the better taxes but bring their same values and politics that have ruined Colorado?

Personally, if I was a WY resident, I wouldn't want want any part of Colorado.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've replied on Scott's page as well as the Weld Co WY page that I don't think it will ever happen.

Though I've seen positive support from some in Wyoming, I have to ask if WY would really want us?
There's a long stretch of road that separates Cheyenne from Fort Collins and it's a good buffer.
If Weld became WY, then it would border Fort Collins and Boulder county.  How many douche canoes from those places would move to Weld for the better taxes but bring their same values and politics that have ruined Colorado?

Personally, if I was a WY resident, I wouldn't want want any part of Colorado.
View Quote

To answer your question, plenty of Boulderites already move to Weld to escape the taxes of Boulder.  Just look at Erie.  Even though they're mostly in Weld Cty the town walks lock step with Boulder.  As to if they would remain if Weld went to WY I would think more would move than not simply because they can't vote for the utopia and 'win' like they can now.

As to whether WY wants Weld or not - Wyoming Governor welcomes push to annex Colorado's Weld County
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:56:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Well I’m in
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 2:04:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Not going to happen . Too much $ here. But I am all for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top