Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2021 6:45:54 PM EDT
Virginia Mother Who Survived Mao’s Cultural Revolution Sees Parallels in America

The communist political movement that devastated China decades ago is unfolding in America, warned Xi Van Fleet, a parent-turned-activist who made national headlines after speaking out against critical race theory (CRT) at a school board meeting.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/virginia-mother-who-survived-maos-cultural-revolution-sees-parallels-in-america_4044797.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport

https://meaww.com/virginia-mom-xi-van-fleet-chinese-immigrant-mao-culural-revolution-like-school-critical-race-theory

My Wife's Grandfather worked for Chiang kai shek and they had to flee the mainland with only the clothes on their back in 1949. Otherwise the entire family would have been killed, including my 6 year old FIL who hid in the boat's anchor locker heading to Hong Kong from the Commies.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
How many minds does that really change though? Not saying they shouldn't speak up, hell anyone with direct experience should be shouting it from the rooftops, but I do question how many people they really get through to that don't already have their eyes open. Just like the old saying, Communism hasn't worked yet only because it wasn't implemented properly. Then add in the people that get it conceptually, but also can't envision it actually happening here, so they feel ridiculous talking about it in public and would never push back until it's too late.

Being a cynical person by nature, even I was surprised by how quickly the group who's been screaming for years about "free health care for all" pivoted to "I would have no issue denying health care to these disease-ridden anti-vaxxers and watching them die in the streets as a lesson to others." I know the whole "literally Nazis" thing gets thrown around way too often, but it was eye-opening to see in real-time just how quickly the government can get one large group of people to turn so violently against another with a concerted messaging campaign.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top