Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2021 10:37:56 AM EDT
In Waco for the weekend and looking for the “off the beaten path”, great places to grab breakfast tacos.

As a reference, I’m a huge fan of Salsa Limon in Fort Worth for anyone that is familiar with them.

Many Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#1]
it may be farther than you want to drive from Waco, but if you're headed South of Waco for any reason, I highly recommend you check out Green's Sausage House.  I've been going there since I was a toddler with my grand parents, and my kids have grown up going there.  It's a cafe on one side and an old style butcher shop and grocery store on the other side of the buildng.

Link:
Green's Sausage House - Zabcikville, Tx
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#2]
another good place to eat, especially sandwiches, is Miller's Coutry Market in Lott.  Also a cafe and grocery store.  Really good sandwiches, and baked goods.

Link:
Miller's Country Market
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#3]
....and another great place to grab a meal is the Highway 77 Cafe near Rosebud.  One of the coolest thing about this place is the walls are covered to the ceiling with pictures of military vetrans from around the local area.  Families donate their personal photos of the military ventrans in their family and the cafe hangs them on the walls.  Each picture is assigned a number and you can request a list that has the names of every vetran on the wall with some basic info. about them.  Really intersting and a really good way to honor local vetrans IMO.  Incidentally, they make REALLY good cobbler and bread pudding.

link:
Highway 77 Cafe
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Lolitas

Get the "elefante"
Big bowl of salsa with cheese

Thank me later
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Zacataca's on the circle over by the new Magnolia restaurant. Everyone just calls it "The Z"

They have a Cuban sandwich that will hurt you. The street corn is divine. Every single thing is good.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
it may be farther than you want to drive from Waco, but if you're headed South of Waco for any reason, I highly recommend you check out Green's Sausage House.  I've been going there since I was a toddler with my grand parents, and my kids have grown up going there.  It's a cafe on one side and an old style butcher shop and grocery store on the other side of the buildng.

Link:
Green's Sausage House - Zabcikville, Tx
View Quote

I drive past that each time I go from Palestine to the temple va hospital never stopped on the way as I am usually pressed for time and I will start stopping on the way home.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
another good place to eat, especially sandwiches, is Miller's Coutry Market in Lott.  Also a cafe and grocery store.  Really good sandwiches, and baked goods.

Link:
Miller's Country Market
View Quote

Same as above
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top