Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2020 10:39:26 AM EDT
I heard an interview this morning with the Nebraska NRA director about red flag laws(can't remember his name now as I was driving when it aired).

Good grief it sounded like the guy was not only distracted but also still half asleep for the full interview.    Why can't we get some well spoken charismatic guys being the point men for the NRA?  Talk about a missed opportunity to educate some folks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's what i've heard about NRA Lobbyists.... they are paid lobbyists.  they have their talking points and that's it.  guaranteed he flew in this AM, did the interview, probably went to the Capitol and will fly home later today.

the lobbyists don't really care, since they aren't from NE anyway.

if they wanted a good gun owner POV, then they should have asked Patricia from the NFOA.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if this was a local guy or not.   But it was lazy and embarrassing.    As of a year or two ago I had an NRA membership and also gifted 4 memberships.    I didn't renew any this year.   Enough said.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this the interview?

https://www.spreaker.com/user/9808558/travis-couture-lovelady-01-14-20
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a Benefactor Life member of the NRA and they will not get another dime from me until Wayne is gone.  Do not support the NRA, until Wayne resigns.  We are paying for freedom, not for suits and apartments.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:
Is this the interview?

https://www.spreaker.com/user/9808558/travis-couture-lovelady-01-14-20
View Quote
Not sure.   It didn't work for me.   It was on 1110 kfab in the morning and the guy sounded asleep and unconvincing.    It was weak overall and left me thinking about how many missed opportunities to win hearts and minds were wasted.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cornhskr:
I am a Benefactor Life member of the NRA and they will not get another dime from me until Wayne is gone.  Do not support the NRA, until Wayne resigns.  We are paying for freedom, not for suits and apartments.
View Quote
Couldn’t agree more
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#7]
In the afternoon last week Chris Baker had a very well spoken pro 2A lawyer on 1110 discussing the red flag law and highlighting everything wrong with it.  The law firm he was with said they would file a suit against it if it were to be come law, for what that's worth.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top