Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2020 12:34:08 PM EDT
I know we have some guys who live downtown, I hope y’all are okay. My boss lives just down from where the bomb went off and he said it was definitely a big one.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#2]
What happened and where? Got family in Tennessee.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Bomb explosion downtown at second avenue and Commerce street. No casualties know of yet, but it’s definitely a bombing.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

All we know it was a bomb in an RV on 2nd Ave. There were gunshots reported in the area at around 6am then explosion at 6:30am. Only minor injuries reported at this time. Metro PD was suspicious of it and started clearing the area.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Prayers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the information!
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Just waiting for the "Scene" rag to say it was Trump supporters or some stupid shit.  Only a matter of time....
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just waiting for the "Scene" rag to say it was Trump supporters or some stupid shit.  Only a matter of time....
View Quote

I’m sure.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#9]
A resident of the area claimed that the vehicle was playing a recorded countdown (explains why the bomb squad was on the way).

The shootout people said they heard, might have been part of that recording.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A resident of the area claimed that the vehicle was playing a recorded countdown (explains why the bomb squad was on the way).

The shootout people said they heard, might have been part of that recording.
View Quote

The recent news conference with all of the alphabet agencies just confirmed the recording coming from the RV prior to the explosion.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#11]
AT&T cellular service is out in Clarksville. Not sure if it’s connected to the bombing.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
AT&T cellular service is out in Clarksville. Not sure if it’s connected to the bombing.
View Quote

ATandT is out in Chattanooga as well.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Update, certainly a bomb. News conference a few minutes ago- FBI guy "We are going to find who did this. We are bringing in our technical team as we speak".
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Update, certainly a bomb. News conference a few minutes ago- FBI guy "We are going to find who did this. We are bringing in our technical team as we speak".
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#15]
There are gaping holes visible in the ground in front of the AT&T building where the utility vaults from the street to the building would likely be located.  Nashville is apparently a major data switching hub and internet, DirecTV, cell service, phone service, and 911 centers are affected.

If this was jihadis, they would likely have gone for New Years Eve for a substantial body count.  Some speculation is that this was to lure in PD before the bomb went off.  I don't buy that.  My hypothesis is an infrastructure attack, but I couldn't begin to guess a perpetrator. There are too many possibilities, including false flag, and I'm not even that kind of a conspiracy theory guy.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There are gaping holes visible in the ground in front of the AT&T building where the utility vaults from the street to the building would likely be located.  Nashville is apparently a major data switching hub and internet, DirecTV, cell service, phone service, and 911 centers are affected.

If this was jihadis, they would likely have gone for New Years Eve for a substantial body count.  Some speculation is that this was to lure in PD before the bomb went off.  I don't buy that.  My hypothesis is an infrastructure attack, but I couldn't begin to guess a perpetrator. There are too many possibilities, including false flag, and I'm not even that kind of a conspiracy theory guy.
View Quote

From everything that has been released, I’d rule out Jihadists too.  Whoever did this, knew exactly what they were doing.

I wonder if Val Kilmer, Bob Deniro, the All State guy have been seen around any local banks lately.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#18]
The Good Sam Club is now a terrorist organization.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#19]
My Verizon service has been out all afternoon & I'm in SE TN. I don't know WTF this has to do with Nashville?

Glad to know no one was hurt with this bullshit.

I hope they publish the MF's name, address & picture when they're arrested. You know, to make sure they show up in court and all.............  
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My Verizon service has been out all afternoon & I'm in SE TN. I don't know WTF this has to do with Nashville?

Glad to know no one was hurt with this bullshit.

I hope they publish the MF's name, address & picture when they're arrested. You know, to make sure they show up in court and all.............  
View Quote

I have both Verizon and ATT and my Verizon hasn’t missed a beat. I did hear that some Verizon has been affected, but not like ATT.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Good Sam Club is now a terrorist organization.
View Quote

I knew they were shady af.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn’t have figured the building in Nashville was anything other than a corporate building. But then I don’t live there either. Kinda makes me wonder if a former employee who would know where important stuff is did it. I highly doubt some rando would know what they were blowing up.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I wouldn’t have figured the building in Nashville was anything other than a corporate building. But then I don’t live there either. Kinda makes me wonder if a former employee who would know where important stuff is did it. I highly doubt some rando would know what they were blowing up.
View Quote

I live in the area.  That area is full of bars.  Right near the explosion the the Johny Cash museum and the Charlie Daniels museum.  Some loft apartments.  Stores etc.  Most of this bars and businesses are owned by conservatives.  It's not the liberal side of town.  So, who the hell knows why anyone would do this...then warn people.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

A family friend used to work in that building years ago, and she thinks that it was the true target of the blast. All of the routing that goes in & out of that building is directly underneath where the RV was parked, and it's a lot more vulnerable than the building itself. She says that there was supposed to be a backup facility in Brentwood that should have been able to handle a loss of the downtown building, "But AT&T probably fucked that up, too", in her words.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#25]
The bomb actually took out some communication lines that Air Traffic Control uses as well.  The controllers cover enormous areas.  So big that they have to take their transmissions, send it via landline to a remote transmitter in each respective sector so that the signals will reach all aircraft in that respective sector.  They had to shut down Nashville Airport for a while til they could get it all sorted out and get the backups up and running.

Just when you thought 2020 was going to be in the rear view mirror and you thought you'd seen it all!
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Moar stuff --the "AT&T connection" (from a 2018 story)

ATT&T Hidden Spy Hubs

...just sayin'...
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

ATT doesn't particularly advertise what they do there but it's not some sort of "Secret" facility either.  I used to work in the building that is behind it (162 3rd Avenue North) and we knew that it was an ATT switching facility long before the "Batman" building was constructed.  We never worried about our power going out, NES did a good job of insuring that area stayed up at all times.

As soon as I saw the location of the explosion I knew it was right outside that facility and some sort of attack on the communications infrastructure was the first thing I thought of.  It was just too much of a coincidence.  Virtually EVERYTHING that goes on downtown, which includes much of the state and federal government communications, goes through that facility.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Verizon cell coverage is out all over SE TN, even down to Atlanta.

My cell has been out for two days now, so no one call me for ammo.  

Based on the five thousand page thread in GD, lots of folks are leaning towards disgruntled employee(s) seeking revenge. Time will tell, obviously.

I feel for the poor folks who worked on 2nd Ave. No telling how long before they can get back to work. Might be weeks, even months for some of them. Just sad.

Nashville didn't deserve this.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Verizon cell coverage is out all over SE TN, even down to Atlanta.

My cell has been out for two days now, so no one call me for ammo.  

Based on the five thousand page thread in GD, lots of folks are leaning towards disgruntled employee(s) seeking revenge. Time will tell, obviously.

I feel for the poor folks who worked on 2nd Ave. No telling how long before they can get back to work. Might be weeks, even months for some of them. Just sad.

Nashville didn't deserve this.  
View Quote

Verizon west of Nashville is still good to go. ATT has been spotty, it’ll come and go, mainly go.

Time will certainly tell, and hopefully the truth will be released.

Totally agree with you Bob. A lot of good people will be out of work due to this. Possibly even folks that work miles away. Very sad.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#30]
a view by one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children (USMC -combat vet):

Intrepid Reporter Nashville Bomb

Matt Bracken's comments:

Matt Bracken
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Matt Bracken's comments:

Matt Bracken
View Quote

Possibly, but at this point, everything is speculation.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Many businesses in Davidson county is cash only.  Post offices are cash only and are scanning packages but they will not show up in the system until the system is back up.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Many businesses in Davidson county is cash only.  Post offices are cash only and are scanning packages but they will not show up in the system until the system is back up.
View Quote

Thanks.  I hadn't considered that the post office tracking system would be messed up.

I guess I need to drive down to the mailbox and see if there's a package in it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#35]
My LGS here in Benton had a sign on their door today saying "No gun sales. TICS is down." I don't guess that's helping their sales either.

Verizon's web site page that shows outages has most of SE TN being down. Looks like it goes close to Atlanta as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Tried to buy a gun yesterday and had to put it on layaway because TICS is down.  At work, we have some sites around the Nashville area and most of them are without connectivity.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I think they have their guy. Part of me hopes their suspect is parked in his RV over at Jelly Stone.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think they have their guy. Part of me hopes their suspect is parked in his RV over at Jelly Stone.
View Quote
Yeah.  Is awful convenient IMO.   But that's just me
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Well who ever in hell did it,  Screwed up my Christmas royally.  Was recalled to 'temporary active duty' at 0700 Christmas day.  Only doing analysis, but it pisses me off to have to screw with it.  I am WAY too old for this crap anymore!
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well who ever in hell did it,  Screwed up my Christmas royally.  Was recalled to 'temporary active duty' at 0700 Christmas day.  Only doing analysis, but it pisses me off to have to screw with it.  I am WAY too old for this crap anymore!
View Quote
That sucks man.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

What would they have you doing?

You're 148 years old and part-cyborg, you're lucky they didn't use you to check out the truck in Lebanon earlier today.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Let me add some more WTF with this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMhDySGyI9E&feature=youtu.be

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What would they have you doing?

You're 148 years old and part-cyborg, you're lucky they didn't use you to check out the truck in Lebanon earlier today.

View Quote

Remember I used to command the anti-terr group and am the states so called Moslem expert.  Before they ID'd the loser they wanted my opinion whether it could have been a Moslem suicide bomber.
I draw the line at 'checking trucks' or picking up 'parts'.  That I leave to all those GS-11 FBI guys.   LOL
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Rebuke to the post explosion video.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was no missile.  I live here in Nashville. A friend of mine owns a business on that street. The cops were moving him out of there when the recording in the RV was playing. So him and a few others had walked across the street at Broadway. They literally watched the RV explode in front of them. There was no stupid missile LOL.  I told him about this video and he laughed LOL.  Sometimes it's just as simple as what it is.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:22:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It was no missile.  I live here in Nashville. A friend of mine owns a business on that street. The cops were moving him out of there when the recording in the RV was playing. So him and a few others had walked across the street at Broadway. They literally watched the RV explode in front of them. There was no stupid missile LOL.  I told him about this video and he laughed LOL.  Sometimes it's just as simple as what it is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A chunk of the RV went flying, when the RV blew, and it created a smoke trail that was visible from a distance, just before the fireball was visible from the same perspective.  

One of the earlier versions of the 'look at this smoke trail, looks like an airstrike' videos did a better job of showing the trail, and it appeared as a trail extending upward, not downward.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:08:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Matt Bracken's comments:

Matt Bracken

From what I’m hearing, it was this.  The FBI/ATF is making it seem as if the O2 to fuel mix is rocket surgery. My arm hair and gas grill say different.
Top Top