Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2020 12:13:53 AM EDT
OK, I know this is not an important world issue but is anyone else here a fan of Braums chocolate chip cookies?

They were always my favorite, but they have changed the recipe and packaging since I last got some. They are not chocolate "chip" anymore but "chunk". I got some anyway and not only is the chocolate different, the cookie recipe is way different. The new ones were dry and crumbly (vs soft and moist for the old ones) and had a flavor that was not only inferior to the old ones, but very close to being outright "bad". There were also hard chunks of sugar? flour? that didn't get mixed up properly. Could have broken a damn tooth.

They used to be sold on a styrofoam tray covered in shrink wrap but are now in a plastic clamshell. They are packaged, look, and taste like the ones Wal Mart sells. I think this was some kind of cost cutting measure. Leave it to some corporate wienie to fuck up goddamn cookies to save a penny.

Hey things must be going great for me, if this is what I have to bitch about.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
OK, I know this is not an important world issue but is anyone else here a fan of Braums chocolate chip cookies?

They were always my favorite, but they have changed the recipe and packaging since I last got some. They are not chocolate "chip" anymore but "chunk". I got some anyway and not only is the chocolate different, the cookie recipe is way different. The new ones were dry and crumbly (vs soft and moist for the old ones) and had a flavor that was not only inferior to the old ones, but very close to being outright "bad". There were also hard chunks of sugar? flour? that didn't get mixed up properly. Could have broken a damn tooth.

They used to be sold on a styrofoam tray covered in shrink wrap but are now in a plastic clamshell. They are packaged, look, and taste like the ones Wal Mart sells. I think this was some kind of cost cutting measure. Leave it to some corporate wienie to fuck up goddamn cookies to save a penny.

View Quote

Well Sir that would be like changing Blue Bell's cookies and cream Ice cream. Hang the Bastard!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#2]
You know what I mean Vern
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never had cookies there.  As long as they keep making gingerbread ice cream during the holidays I'm happy with them.  It's actually the only time I ever get anything from there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:23:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Back in college a Braum's bacon cheeseburger was the cure for my hangovers.  Sometime around 2013-2014 they changed their burgers and they just aren't the same.

I figured the rest of their stuff would start going down hill evntually.  The ice cream is still good though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#5]
we noticed it the first week it happened.

tried one carton, and I haven't bought a box of their unfrozen cookies in months. not even their peanut butter cookies.

i'm still pissed they went from 1/3lb burgers to 1/4.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Back in college a Braum's bacon cheeseburger was the cure for my hangovers.  Sometime around 2013-2014 they changed their burgers and they just aren't the same.

I figured the rest of their stuff would start going down hill evntually.  The ice cream is still good though.
View Quote
you are correct.
the seasoning changed about that time.

its been brought up in conversation within our family.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
you are correct.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you are correct.

And you can add the chicken club to the changed seasoning list.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I worked in the main plant in Tuttle back in the 90's.    I could tell you something that they do but you would never eat their ice cream again......so I won't tell ya.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I worked in the main plant in Tuttle back in the 90's.    I could tell you something that they do but you would never eat their ice cream again......so I won't tell ya.
View Quote
son of..., that’s my favorite ice cream. Why would go and say something like that? Hahaha
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#11]
The commercial / manufacturing aspect of MANY items is offputting.
QUITE often ignorance IS bliss.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
we noticed it the first week it happened.

tried one carton, and I haven't bought a box of their unfrozen cookies in months. not even their peanut butter cookies.

i'm still pissed they went from 1/3lb burgers to 1/4.
View Quote
Yup and kept the price the same, although I think theres been a price increase now a days to boot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup, I used to buy a package once a month. Then one day I noticed the new ones in place of the old ones and said nope, going forward I can make my own, Toll House it is...
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:10:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When my Dad was a young man he used to work on the ammonia based refrigeration systems, very common in ice plants and meat processing back in the late 1930s and the 1940s, and still used today. He would never eat sausage, he had worked on the refrigeration of many meat packing plants and apparently didn't like what he saw, even though that was a really long time ago.
View Quote
Yup, I took care of the plant out there, was ammonia when I was there and I'm sure it still is. I hated starting the 800 HP booster they had for the main compressor. That dude screamed when it fired up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I accepted the fact that most mass manufacturing plants do things that the general populace wouldn't approve of.  When I was in Weatherford I knew several people who worked at the Bar-S plant in Clinton.  When I found out who was working the sanitation crew, I gave up Bar-S products.  That dude could barely wipe his own backside, or tell that he hadn't 'finished the job'.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:51:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks OP for ruining my week.  The original cookies were my favorite but I guess it’s been awhile since I’ve bought any.  I guess not anymore though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top