Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Both me and the wife were offered an option through our respective employers. Im paying $40mo shes paying $59. She got a couple more options and I got the basic.

Both are job transferable and will follow us when we retire and leave this wretched state of scum and villainy.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And it's clearly stated that once you are exempted you are permanently intelligible to be re-enrolled. So if you do choose to get covered you are free to cancel it as soon as you get your exemption
View Quote

Once I get the exemption paperwork, if Im perm ineligible now for the Wa program, that means they cant turn around and still tax me with this bullshit, right?
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Both me and the wife were offered an option through our respective employers. Im paying $40mo shes paying $59. She got a couple more options and I got the basic.

Both are job transferable and will follow us when we retire and leave this wretched state of scum and villainy.

Once I get the exemption paperwork, if Im perm ineligible now for the Wa program, that means they cant turn around and still tax me with this bullshit, right?
View Quote

That's almost the way I understand it.  Once ineligible you can NOT become eligible for the "benefit".   HOWEVER  they can still tax you for it should you change employers and not provide the employer with your exemption paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never underestimate the love Washington state has for taxes and separating you from your money.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Never underestimate the love Washington state has for taxes and separating you from your money.
View Quote

Never underestimate gov period, lol, but Wa certainly loves it so.

Ive heard the law isnt fully written yet. I imagine its so they can see what loopholes are discovered by us taxpayers so they can close them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 3:48:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My reading of the law. There is nothing in it about requiring proof of coverage.

And it's clearly stated that once you are exempted you are permanently intelligible to be re-enrolled. So if you do choose to get covered you are free to cancel it as soon as you get your exemption
View Quote

I bet they "fix" that at some point, but as it's written now you're right. My employer's providing a LTC policy we can sign up for that's almost as crappy, but I'll get it and then cancel it next open enrollment. My insurance agent could hook me up with a much better policy if I wanted a good policy--but I don't really.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ive heard the law isnt fully written yet. I imagine its so they can see what loopholes are discovered by us taxpayers so they can close them.
View Quote

How the hell do they pass a law that is “not fully written”??? Buncha scammers…
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because, like any democrat (actually any politician - they are all the same shit), they do not plan to follow any law.  They want others to follow whatever they vomit, hence it hasn't has to be "fully written" or anything else.  They will keep robbing as they go.  Expect the percentage to increase as time goes by, since, with this "law", they found a way to institute the state income tax that they always craved for.

Link Posted: 10/2/2021 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sounds like an income tax to me
View Quote

Is IS an income tax.

No one has said it lately but Fuck Jay Inslee and the democrat sat legislators that passes this piece of shit Income tax.

USAA and my other insurance companies have quit selling LTC insurance in WA.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Well BNSF has determined that as railroad workers subject to federal law and contractual agreements we don’t have to pay this tax. We don’t pay the paid sick leave tax, either.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Well there, stupid fucking exemption system was down on Friday, first day it was supposed to be available.

Link Posted: 10/2/2021 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I believe you have until Dec 2022 to get the exemption. And it’s a permanent exemption.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well there stupid fucking exemption system was down on Friday, first day it was supposed to be available.

View Quote

Demand crashed it. Another government solution where no problem exists = expected result.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I believe you have until Dec 2022 to get the exemption. And it’s a permanent exemption.
View Quote

Which means once you get the exemption and show it to the gov, you can dump the insurance you had to get.

Fucking lol

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 12:49:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Which means once you get the exemption and show it to the gov, you can dump the insurance you had to get.

Fucking lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking lol

Big point is that you have to get the exemption and provide the letter to your employer.

If you don't they will pull money out of your paycheck, and the state already said no refunds.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Demand crashed it. Another government solution where no problem exists = expected result.
View Quote

I cant even find the opt out section where you submit your letter on the site.  I shouldn't be surprised.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I cant even find the opt out section where you submit your letter on the site.  I shouldn't be surprised.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's supposedly in the paid leave section of secureaccess Washington. But it wasn't there on Friday...
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's supposedly in the paid leave section of secureaccess Washington. But it wasn't there on Friday...
View Quote

I still can’t find it.  I found it and completed my request.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's my question:

Do I need to opt out again is I change employer? My work got us hooked up with a really crappy LTC plan so I will be using that to opt out this year. But I wonder if I can then just cancel that plan and be done with it, or do I need to keep it in case I change employers and need to do it again.

Also I'm curious about how this will play out for my wife. She does NOT have such an option at her work, the plan I got can't extend to include her, and we file jointly.

Such a PITA
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Here's my question:

Do I need to opt out again is I change employer? My work got us hooked up with a really crappy LTC plan so I will be using that to opt out this year. But I wonder if I can then just cancel that plan and be done with it, or do I need to keep it in case I change employers and need to do it again.

Also I'm curious about how this will play out for my wife. She does NOT have such an option at her work, the plan I got can't extend to include her, and we file jointly.

Such a PITA
View Quote

Give new employer a copy of your letter. Make sure to make and keep several copies. It’s worth .58% (for now).
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Makes you wonder if you can just cancel after the State registration deadline...
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Makes you wonder if you can just cancel after the State registration deadline...
View Quote

I believe you can
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#22]
State Farm has a modest life insurance policy that includes LTC which qualifies for exemption.  Was a simple process to apply and monthly cost was equivalent to the tax.  The policy includes cash out option (so you can get % of money back in future if desired), ability to use the policy in other states and of course if the event of death - a $ benefit for beneficiary.

Link Posted: 10/6/2021 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#23]
What a pain in the ass. I submitted my exemption - I guess, I just wait to see if it's granted.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What a pain in the ass. I submitted my exemption - I guess, I just wait to see if it's granted.
View Quote

So you don’t really live in Idaho?
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I wonder if this is a loophole where you op'ed out due to buying the insurance with the rider.. and then later cancel the insurance once you're exempt. And since you can't rejoin.. I'm assuming they can't charge you anymore.

Note: I already have life insurance without the rider so my family is still protected.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I do. I work for a WA company remotely
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. As a non-resident, you shouldn’t be subject to this tax. Could you even collect the benefit if it became necessary?

I assume that you still have to pay Idaho income tax, too. Seems like you are getting the worst of both worlds.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Interesting. As a non-resident, you shouldn’t be subject to this tax. Could you even collect the benefit if it became necessary?

I assume that you still have to pay Idaho income tax, too. Seems like you are getting the worst of both worlds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My long term care is paid by my company and good in any state. I will be paying state income tax, you are correct. I don't live in WA anymore, by default, I am in the best position possible for my family.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Got my wife's LTC policy finalized yesterday, submitted the exemption 30 minutes later.
View Quote

Now the real question is if the state will get the exemption letters out in time to avoid paying the first quarters tax.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Now the real question is if the state will get the exemption letters out in time to avoid paying the first quarters tax.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got my wife's LTC policy finalized yesterday, submitted the exemption 30 minutes later.

Supposedly they are taking a week to get sent out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I submitted mine in the 5th and don’t have it yet so call me skeptical.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have 1 manager that has received his so far and he made a tip sheet on navigating the shitshow state website that was emailed to everyone on my floor (engineering).

My guess is it may be a week for the people that got it in first thing day 1, and significantly longer for everyone else.

The company does not have a system yet to deal with the state exemption letters, so it is a hurry up and wait situation anyway.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#34]
FYI:

I got my approval letter.. I believe I submitted it 10/4 and got it back 10/16.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
FYI:

I got my approval letter.. I believe I submitted it 10/4 and got it back 10/16.
View Quote

I just logged into the website and my letter was there dated 10/20.  I haven’t received an email, maybe I will in two days.  For everyone waiting I would check the site.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#36]
anyone have any leads on getting a policy?  everyplace i've tried isn't selling.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#37]
No one wants to go through the effort of selling policies which will be cancelled as soon as they send documentation of the policy being created.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
anyone have any leads on getting a policy?  everyplace i've tried isn't selling.
View Quote

Why bother? There’s no verification.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 3:14:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shhhh!
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Have you tried State Farm or AllState? Those were the last 2 I heard about but that was a while ago.

Quoted:

I had to send a copy of my letter to my HR so... this way they don't take $$$ out of my pocket.
Also I heard that I have to show that letter when ever I switch to a new job so they don't deduct. How true that is I don't know.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#41]
I received an email saying my status has changed and I need to login to view it. When I get home, I’ll see if the exemption is granted.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#42]
FYI, I filed on 10/6
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I had to send a copy of my letter to my HR so... this way they don't take $$$ out of my pocket.
Also I heard that I have to show that letter when ever I switch to a new job so they don't deduct. How true that is I don't know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the point was that the state doesn’t require verification to get the letter of exemption.

Personally, I don’t know if that is true or not.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Opt out was approved
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I think the point was that the state doesn’t require verification to get the letter of exemption.

View Quote

Verification isn’t required when you submit the exemption application but they say they might ask for it later.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#46]
I got my exemption or opt out letter.  Gave that to the company, neither the state nor the company asked for proof of a policy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Is there a deadline for getting your exemption paperwork to the state?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Verification isn’t required when you submit the exemption application but they say they might ask for it later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ll be hell and gone from Washington before they get a chance to do that.

Also, for everyone’s info, you get a paper copy and electronic copy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#49]
submitted Oct 5 - approved 10/25
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Is there a deadline for getting your exemption paperwork to the state?
View Quote

I believe it is sometime in december of 22
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top