Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2020 9:38:58 AM EDT
While today is both a state and federal holiday (banks will be closed, no mail service), both chambers of the Washington legislature will convene today at 0900 hours.

KEEP THOSE CALLS AND EMAILS ROLLING!!!

SHB 2240 (Magazine Capacity Limit) did NOT receive a floor vote yesterday.  It was supposedly scheduled to receive a floor vote yesterday and then at the last minute it was "unscheduled".  This does NOT mean that it is dead, however I believe this to be indicative that all of our calls, emails, letters, etc. are making our elected representatives a little nervous.  KEEP IT UP!!

There are four firearm related bills currently on the House calendar.  I have no idea when - or if - any of these will receive a floor vote.  We are two days away from another major cut off date (19 February).  Anything not on the calendar in the chamber of origin by that date is essentially "dead", however there are procedures that can bring a "dead" bill forward, but it is not easy.

So, here are the four bills on the House calendar:

HB 2555 Concerning background check requirements for firearms classified as other under federal firearms laws.

HB 2623 Prohibiting the possession of firearms by persons convicted of certain criminal offenses.

SHB 2240 Concerning high capacity magazines.

SHB 2820 Concerning court orders involving weapons or domestic violence.

You can contact your elected reps at the hotlinks above.  Look for the green "comment on this bill" button, enter your address, click "support" or "oppose" and there is even space to add your personal comments.

On to the Senate:

There are three firearm related bills on the Senate calendar.  Again, no idea when or if they will receive a floor vote.

SSB 6406 - Increases Penalties for Theft of a Firearm

SB6402 - Increased Penalties for Use of a Stolen Firearm

SB 6288 Creating the Washington office of firearm violence prevention.

Again, you can use the hotlinks to send your support or opposition as well as comments to your elected reps.

Something to keep in mind:  In November 2020, ALL House reps and HALF the Senate will be up for re-election.  Those up for re-election are paying VERY close attention as to which way the political winds are blowing.  MAKE SURE YOUR VOICE IS HEARD!!  WE ARE MAKING AN IMPACT IN OLYMPIA!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Links to TVW live coverage of today's floor debates:

House Floor Debate 17 Feb @ 0900 Hours

Senate Floor Debate 17 February @ 0900 Hours
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is one easy link to oppose SHB 2240:

NRA-ILA Link To Oppose SHB 2240
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, twodeucetrey, you continue to be a rockstar with your info shares and making easy to take continual action
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Shared on social media.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Messaged my reps again, lets see these bills die. Keep up the pressure !
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Hit them all again
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Hit them all again as well.  Been bouncing between mine and my wife's email accounts.  Been sending the NRA-ILA easy buttons to friends and family as well.  Keep up the fight!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, twodeucetrey, you continue to be a rockstar with your info shares and making easy to take continual action
View Quote
Thanks PACorps, however I want to send out a huge "THANK YOU!!!" to all of you out there for taking action!!

We are turning the tide in Olympia!!  We can not rest - EVER - but we can stay free for one more year.

KEEP AT IT EVERYONE!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top