Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2018 3:48:23 PM EDT
At my polling place of over 25 years, the line was out to the door all morning with people actually in line at 5:35 this morning. They brought in another voting machine to help move things along.

My polling place is an older neighborhood of mostly older comfortable white people. Only during the last presidential election, have I ever had to wait for more than 3 people in front of me. For Trump, I had probably 6 people in front of me. Today I had to wait over 30 minutes and probably had 12 people in front of me.

This may be non typical because Fayette Co had a huge ballot this time including mayor, congressman, and all judges.

What is the turnout like in other counties?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
High at my polling place in Scott Co.  Had to wait longer than in past.  Maybe other polling places were limited/combined due to it being mid term?  I would say half were retired, half working folks/professionals.  Not sure what to make of it...

Heck, Amy "lives" in this precinct, glad I didn't have to see her.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
High at my polling place in Scott Co.  Had to wait longer than in past.  Maybe other polling places were limited/combined due to it being mid term?  I would say half were retired, half working folks/professionals.  Not sure what to make of it...

Heck, Amy "lives" in this precinct, glad I didn't have to see her.
View Quote
You wouldn't see Amy.  According to a next door neighbor she has never seen Amy at the house.  The rest of her immediate family lives in northern Kentucky.

My polling location in Scott County also had a line and wait first thing this morning.  It was equal if not more than 2016.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the longest line I've ever been in. Over an hour waiting already. Normally only takes 15 minutes. However, I think they only have one machine this year, they had 3 or 4 for 2016. Something stinks here...
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You wouldn't see Amy.  According to a next door neighbor she has never seen Amy at the house.  The rest of her immediate family lives in northern Kentucky.

My polling location in Scott County also had a line and wait first thing this morning.  It was equal if not more than 2016.
View Quote
You mean her rented house.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I was in and out in less than 5 minutes, but that's Anderson county for you
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Longish line in Fayette Co. The last few elections I walked right up, but I had to wait approx 20-25 min today.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was in and out in less than 5 minutes, but that's Anderson county for you
View Quote
my voting experience in Anderson was not typical but only because I went with my wife who sat there and Google'd the names and the Amendment.   And made me wait.
Then told me a funny:   she wrote me in for Constable ... a position with no names listed.

That's real funny.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Kentucky 6 is giving me ulcers.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#10]
There weren't a ton of people at my polling location in Scott County today compared to the 2016 pres election, but I also went to vote at 9:30 this morning vs like 6 AM in 2016, so that's probably the difference.

I just know this election has me stressed out.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Called for Barr! Yes!
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I stood in line for over an hour in Richmond.  Longest I’ve ever had to wait to vote here.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted: I stood in line for over an hour in Richmond.  Longest I’ve ever had to wait to vote here.
View Quote
I got in line at 1700hrs and cast my votes at 1830 tonight.  I went straight over to Barr's party after that.  Quite a good celebration!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I stood in line for over an hour in Richmond.  Longest I’ve ever had to wait to vote here.
View Quote
My district voted at Kit Carson. Parking was terrible but there weren't any lines inside around 10 am. I couldn't imagine trying it after 5pm.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm certainly glad Barr won, but it was the opposite what I expected.   I thought Barr would lose but Rs would keep the House by a few seats.
Senate should be 55-45 when they finally done counting.

Did the Hearing Protection Act pass the House already?   If so, maybe we'll get it from the Senate now.   "Tons" of bills from the House sitting over in the Senate, from the past 4+ years.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#16]
i voted in Jefferson County yesterday morning, got there around 6:45am.  Had 1 person in line in front of me.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I was in line for 1.5 hours. The people working said they'd never seen that level of turnout.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:10:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Did the Hearing Protection Act pass the House already?
View Quote
No ... it passed out of House committee, but not the full House.
hrrrm...
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:00:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I walked into my precinct at about 1230 and there were two people in there to vote. That's one more than I've ever seen in there before. Does that make it a heavy turnout?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
i voted in Jefferson County yesterday morning, got there around 6:45am.  Had 1 person in line in front of me.
View Quote
Walk in and voted at 3:00 in Jefferson and no line, prolly a half dozen people voting.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
hrrrm...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did the Hearing Protection Act pass the House already?
hrrrm...
Yeah that bill is dead for the forseeable future. You can thank Paul Ryan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top