Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2024 1:08:20 PM EDT
Wife and I are going to charleston in April. Haven’t been in two years. Last time I stopped at the PSA in Columbia on the way back(which now it seems there’s four locations there). I just saw there’s one on the north end of Charleston. Is it worth stopping at instead of a Columbia location? I just remember whichever one I was at in Columbia was on some access road off the expressway,  and it was way bigger than the one in Greenville.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MitchbSC] [#1]
The Columbia store is probably Fernandina Rd.  It's on an I-26 frontage road.  PSA is down to just one retail location in Columbia.  I think the most we had was two stores.  

eta: possibly 3 stores in Columbia because there was overlap between the original Farrow Rd storefront and a storefront in NE Columbia (Magnolia Pointe).

https://palmettostatearmory.com/retail/location/columbia-store-and-range.html

The Summerville SC store NW of Charleston off I-26 is nice.  In the past, Summerville was much better designed and stocked than the Fernandina store.  PSA has been slowly expanding and improving the layout of the Fernandina store.  

I've not been to the Charleston store on Sam Rittenberg Blvd.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything in need to know about ccw except that if a cop stops me, I have to let him know I’m carrying, and that if a business has a sign on the door that says no firearms, I can’t carry in there?

Seems I’m able to still carry in bars and restaurants, and any park.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:02:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By telsonman:
Anything in need to know about ccw except that if a cop stops me, I have to let him know I’m carrying, and that if a business has a sign on the door that says no firearms, I can’t carry in there?

Seems I’m able to still carry in bars and restaurants, and any park.
View Quote

There's specific signage that has to be posted in a specific way to prevent you from carrying, the specifics can be found here. I frequent a few places around Charleston that don't have the signs posted correctly (either posted above my head or at knee level) so they get ignored.

As far as going to the Charleston PSA, I don't think it offers anything more than what the Columbia stores have. It is, however, within 1,000 feet of a school so you're not allowed to carry inside the store so be aware if you do visit.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:53:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#5]
Originally Posted By ctnsupra1:

As far as going to the Charleston PSA, I don't think it offers anything more than what the Columbia stores have. It is, however, within 1,000 feet of a school so you're not allowed to carry inside the store so be aware if you do visit.
View Quote

The "Safe Schools Act" (what a fucking joke that is) provides and exemption for those with a CWP/CCW.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

The "Safe Schools Act" (what a fucking joke that is) provides and exemption for those with a CWP/CCW.
View Quote

This. Don’t open carry or bring uncased guns into the store from the car. CWP can continue to carry as normal.

The Sam Rittenberg/West Ashley store is closer to downtown than the Summerville store and is pretty good. Summerville had a range though if you want that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Not really interested in the range. I’ll merely be passing through on the way back to NEGA from Charleston. Just curious which store would be the best bang for the buck regarding inventory.

Can’t even have a beer while carrying? Man. Might as well leave the gun in the room…

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top