Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2018 11:48:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Technically, any place that derives a majority of its revenue from alcohol is prohibited. That makes it pretty difficult since alcohol is pretty abundant, especially in the areas where concealed carry is most wanted.

I will also say that most people seem oblivious though.

@scotchymcdrinkerbean  may be able to provide better info on the convention center.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What what I’ve been able to ascertain, if you enter a bar/restaurant unless it’s posted you don’t know if it’s legal to carry because it has to have an “A” Restaurant permit.

In addition I’m going to be in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and apparently it’s not posted but they don’t even allow off duty L.E. to carry there (in violation of the Federal LEOSA)

If I could be more more confused, I don’t know how.
View Quote
If it is a restaurant, you are good to CC (though somewhat stupidly not OC,) even if they also sell alcohol, thoughit is not legal in the bar area of said restaurant.  As for how to tell the difference between bar and restaurant, common sense should cover you---a big bar across the length of the establishment but a couple booths to eat at?  Yeah, should you be discovered you are not really gonna be able to argue you thought it was a restaurant.  As for an actual restaurant with a bar area, if it is small and unobtrusive, a good rule of thumb is to see if you can view any video poker machines---if you can see one openly, you are almost certainly in a bar.

As for the convention center---news to me.  They are not posted that I know of, and they do not fall under any of the prohibited places in the law.  And they do not bar off duty LE from carrying (though if they did, it would not violate LEOSA.)
If they ain't posted, carry there is legal.  Mind you, some events may have a no weapons policy for their part of the building, but they're gonna have to post that fact, and would most likely have metal detectors and security.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found a couple of online references as to the convention center prohibiting weapons in their (not posted) policies also a few comments that even though it’s not posted they’ve had people arrested.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

As for the convention center---news to me.  They are not posted that I know of, and they do not fall under any of the prohibited places in the law.  And they do not bar off duty LE from carrying (though if they did, it would not violate LEOSA.)
If they ain't posted, carry there is legal.  Mind you, some events may have a no weapons policy for their part of the building, but they're gonna have to post that fact, and would most likely have metal detectors and security.
I found a couple of online references as to the convention center prohibiting weapons in their (not posted) policies also a few comments that even though it’s not posted they’ve had people arrested.
You can't enforce a non-published, non-posted policy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top