Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2020 8:37:36 PM EDT
I’ll visiting in the Riverton area from the 8th to the 21st.  ( wife is travel nursing in the area).   Besides the Cody Museum for firearms. What else is a must see and what are your favorite gun shops.   I’m an FLL and own a small shop in Maine so Love visiting and talking with like minded people
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Double post
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Head up Sinks Canyon which is west of Lander and go to the rise.
South of Lander on South Pass is a pretty cool mining town called Atlantic City. The Mercantile has good burgers
Just south of Dubois there’s a new Military Vehicle museum that opened up last year. Haven’t been there yet.
You can fly fish the Wind River in the Canyon below the dam.
Jackson is 2hrs away if that’s your thing and there’s always Yellowstone, but go mid week
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome!  Thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#5]
From the spill way to the 1st tunnel and down river of the Wedding of the waters no res license is needed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, I fish it alot because I shoot a match a month in Cody, and fish my way up. I was just letting him know most of the Canyon needs a Res license.
View Quote

I've never got a res license, is it worth the extra money?
I typically fish between the spill way and the 1st tunnel in the morning then head the Thermop for lunch and fish the Wedding of the waters in the afternoon before heading back to Lander.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, if you're gonna be fishing the canyon, I think it is. There are some sweet pools and eddies on the Res, especially this time of year when the water is low, that are phenomenal
View Quote

Thx for the feedback, next time I go I’ll give it a shot....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top