Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2021 11:51:30 PM EDT
I am planning on visiting your fair city of Atlanta in July with my 11 year old son.  We are planning on hitting the aquarium, but I am considering making our visit multi-day and maybe visiting some other sites while there.  We would be coming up from FL.  What are some places or things to do in ATL that you think my son would enjoy?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:32:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Zoo Atlanta.
Fernbank Museum.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Stop by the air museum in Warner Robins on your way up assuming you are coming up 75
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stop by the air museum in Warner Robins on your way up assuming you are coming up 75
View Quote

We are and that would be a grand idea.  Since the museum appears to be attached to the base, will I have a problem if I have a firearm in my vehicle.  I presume carrying on my person is a hard no in there, of course.

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We are and that would be a grand idea.  Since the museum appears to be attached to the base, will I have a problem if I have a firearm in my vehicle.  I presume carrying on my person is a hard no in there, of course.

View Quote

It is adjacent to the base, but not on base. I have not seen a security check entering or exiting the museum the three times that I have been there.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Stone Mountain and Stone Mountain Park are great for adults and kids.  They have a ropes course that I bet he'd love if he's ok with heights.  There's plenty to see and do there.  If you're there on the fourth they do an absolutely amazing laser show off the giant carvings in the mountain.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, everyone.  Definitely adding the air museum.  Any thoughts on the children's museum in ATL?
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:21:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Is a little North of Atl, but the Telus museum, it used to be the Wyman(?) museum. They have some great hands on activites for kids, and a very large Rock and mineral collection that were are all found in Georgia.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree with everything recommended so far.

GA aquarium (but I like TN Aquarium better). Atlanta is pretty good thought.
If y'all like railroad stuff, check out the Southeastern Railway Museum. They have limited hours, so make sure they're open before you make the trip. They usually run one of the trains on the weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top