Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2018 4:43:31 PM EDT
Virginia’s Dillon Rule Continues to Frustrate Falls Church on Gun Laws
NOVEMBER 28, 2018 7:57 PM
By Nicholas F. Benton

FALLS CHURCH CHIEF of Police Mary Gavin (at podium) spoke to the Falls Church City Council Monday, flanked by a contingent of “Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.” (Photo: News-Press)

The Falls Church City Council expressed considerable frustration at its meeting Monday night over the long-standing constraints it faces on limiting gun use in the City because of the so-called Dillon Rule. The 1868 rule, which prevails in Virginia, prohibits local jurisdictions in the state from adopting laws that are not specifically permitted by the state.

The Dillon Rule has in recent years been a thorn in the side of Northern Virginia jurisdictions whose leaders seek more progressive solutions than the state government in Richmond, still top heavy in representation by more rural and conservative parts of the state, has allowed.

But this is changing, and the next round of state legislative elections in 2019 could, if they follow the pattern of 2017 and flip still more legislative seats from Republican to Democratic (15 in the House of Delegates were flipped in 2017), then area jurisdictions, including the City of Falls Church, may be far more able to seek legislative relief that will allow stricter gun control laws, for example, than are permitted now.
Council member Letty Hardi, whose initiative has led to the current action, said it is “pathetic” how little power the locality has to enforce reasonable gun laws, but that she hopes for “a major turnaround in the General Assembly in Richmond.”

https://fcnp.com/2018/11/28/virginias-dillon-rule-continues-frustrate-falls-church-gun-laws/
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]
A miserable looking bunch.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
There ya go.  Fixed it for ya....

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There ya go.  Fixed it for ya....

https://i.ibb.co/SKJg7CK/final-5c07047bb569ad0012158611.jpg
View Quote
Holy shit lol
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Holy shit lol
View Quote
Dude, your signature describes these women (and the "male") better than anyone.   I'll bet you $20 that the beta-male bald guy has a maxed out Petco credit card.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Top-heavy?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Of course they are. They know the Dems are going to kick the shit out of us once again. After they win the legislature in '19, Red Ralph's wet panties will flood the state as he signs the Va SAFE ACT, if his don't, then Fairfax's will when he takes over as Governor.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Of course they are. They know the Dems are going to kick the shit out of us once again. After they win the legislature in '19, Red Ralph's wet panties will flood the state as he signs the Va SAFE ACT, if his don't, then Fairfax's will when he takes over as Governor.
View Quote
This.

The RPV is an impotent cucked out organization that just sits in the shadowy corner quietly masturbating and sobbing as the left violently fucks VA.

The state is lost. Our good gun laws will be gone a year from now.

VCDL will be a hollowed out organization because these new leftists don’t care at all.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah and the VA GOP will do everything it can to slit it's own throat.  They do it constantly.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok. So, what do we do?

I am trying to figure out networking. I just read a post by Miami-JB and he pointed out the changes of demographics. What do we do to reach it?

One thing is the NRA is NOT really going to fight. The GOA has really stepped up this last few weeks (ready to fight against the bump stock ban, helping out in Hawaii). I am going to try and see if GOA and VCDL will network together.

I am not on social media. In regards to social media, I do not have the ability to do it and do it effectively. However, that is not the case here.

I am more an in person type. If I could sit and talk, I will. I want to see VCDL team up with GOA and have an online presence along with the local groups. The only way to win this is to get people into the fight. We are lacking.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ok. So, what do we do?

I am trying to figure out networking. I just read a post by Miami-JB and he pointed out the changes of demographics. What do we do to reach it?

One thing is the NRA is NOT really going to fight. The GOA has really stepped up this last few weeks (ready to fight against the bump stock ban, helping out in Hawaii). I am going to try and see if GOA and VCDL will network together.

I am not on social media. In regards to social media, I do not have the ability to do it and do it effectively. However, that is not the case here.

I am more an in person type. If I could sit and talk, I will. I want to see VCDL team up with GOA and have an online presence along with the local groups. The only way to win this is to get people into the fight. We are lacking.
View Quote
What can you do? Vote, get your neighbors to vote, get gun owner's to vote, get the lazy ass Va GOP voters to vote. Vote, Vote, Vote.
All the while putting pressure on the Va GOP politicians to not be the bitches that they are.
VCDL will be a nutless dog with the type of Democrats that are winning here. Support theVCDL anyway, but when politicians don't fear them, what power will they have to sway?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What can you do? Vote, get your neighbors to vote, get gun owner's to vote, get the lazy ass Va GOP voters to vote. Vote, Vote, Vote.
All the while putting pressure on the Va GOP politicians to not be the bitches that they are.
VCDL will be a nutless dog with the type of Democrats that are winning here. Support theVCDL anyway, but when politicians don't fear them, what power will they have to sway?
View Quote
Not being argumentative but I am:

I do that. I have been getting my circle of friends aware of what is going on and trying to get them engaged.

I also have been reaching out to the GOPVA and it is a defense mode big time. They jump at their own shadows and are afraid some Democrat is going to call the poo poo heads. They WANT to be a resistant party because they can have sound clips for money raising and not do anything.

I am a member of VCDL and GOA and I am wanting to reach out to VCDL because I have a few ideas for outreach and cultural engagement.

I am at the same time reaching out to the GOA because I have ideas that will help them.

I am, tomorrow, going to see what I can do to start being an opinion writer for our local paper.

Print is a losing ground, but enough still read it that it may get a few thoughts. I already have a headline and story.

I also want to see about getting the orange shirts made up so if there are parades and community functions, lets get in there. Make a presence.

What about just getting out and talking where and when we can?

So, I mentioned it before, Have ideas but they require a lot of hands.

So...what can we do?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I do that. I have been getting my circle of friends aware of what is going on and trying to get them engaged.  This.  Probably one of the more effective things that we can all do. LOCAL, LOCAL, LOCAL.  Your circle of friends is far more valuable than a politician.

I also have been reaching out to the GOPVA and it is a defense mode big time. They jump at their own shadows and are afraid some Democrat is going to call the poo poo heads. They WANT to be a resistant party because they can have sound clips for money raising and not do anything.  Nothing is ever won by being on the defensive.  Maybe we should examine why they are so scared cucked and use the same strategy on the opposition.  Fear is a excellent motivator.  Not exactly sure how to do this, maybe some others here have ideas?  All I know is that holding our noses to vote for the republicuck is not working.

I am a member of VCDL and GOA and I am wanting to reach out to VCDL because I have a few ideas for outreach and cultural engagement.  Good.  Just tell Phil not to do anymore videos for God's sake.  Still trying to comprehend WTF he was thinking, if at all.

I am at the same time reaching out to the GOA because I have ideas that will help them.  Care to share some of them?

I am, tomorrow, going to see what I can do to start being an opinion writer for our local paper.

Print is a losing ground, but enough still read it that it may get a few thoughts. I already have a headline and story.   Another great idea, but print media is dying a slow but sure death.  Digital will reach more people, especially the younger generations.

I also want to see about getting the orange shirts made up so if there are parades and community functions, lets get in there. Make a presence.  Not really sure how a bunch of boomers marching down the street wearing orange shirts is going to sway anyone's opinion to the positive.  I see it doing more harm than good.  Look at Unite the Right.  That was all about statues being taken down.   Look at how that worked out.   Marching around the streets with signs and bullhorns makes you a prime target for the left's disinformation campaign.   Maybe some type of outreach would be more effective.  Think Hunters for the Hungry.  Maybe a VCDL Christmas toy drive or something like that.  Less Stonewall Jackson, more John S. Mosby is what's needed.

So...what can we do?   I think the most bang for the buck is going to come from the younger generations.  They are the shock troops of the future.  The communists knew that back in the 40's.  Look at our educational system for example.   One of the huge problems with this fight is that most of us are only looking a few years ahead, while the opposition is playing the long game.   No kid is going to remember an article they read in the paper when they were young (they don't read the paper, btw), but they sure as shit will remember the guy in the bright orange "Guns Save Lives" shirt that gave him the action figure out of the cool VCDL deuce and a half parked at the toy drive on that cold December night.  On the other hand, they will remember their liberal cat lady mother who wouldn't take them to the toy drive because of the "evil gun owners", and naturally become defiant.  I think the new Orwellian medical term for it is Oppositional Defiant Disorder.  It's just human nature for kids to rebel against their parents.  Either way it's a win/win situation.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree. I am on my phone, but I will type more tomorrow and PM it while I am at a computer.

However, your idea of a deuce and a half is a good one. With VCDL badges, flags and members walking and handing out candy and toys...even in a parade with the orange shirts.

I am not sure what to think of the Unite the Right thing. But I do know that if we can start engaging like you said, we can do this.

I will share when I am at a desk tomorrow. You are on the right track though and I am in line with you on this!
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Want to know how to fight them?

I have been making a "book" on their tactics, and we can use those same tactics against them:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/The-Indivisible-Guide-former-congressional-staffers-insiders-guide-to-resisting-Trump/137-1965112/

Here is another Arfcom link to increasing our political influence:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Increasing-your-political-influence-is-a-lot-easier-than-you-think-Here-are-some-ways-to-do-it-/137-2111801/
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Dominion21, your first link is dead.   Below is their current website, along with their 2.0 version.   Thanks for sharing this, btw.

Version 1.0

Version 2.0
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I do that. I have been getting my circle of friends aware of what is going on and trying to get them engaged.

I also have been reaching out to the GOPVA and it is a defense mode big time. They jump at their own shadows and are afraid some Democrat is going to call the poo poo heads. They WANT to be a resistant party because they can have sound clips for money raising and not do anything.

I am a member of VCDL and GOA and I am wanting to reach out to VCDL because I have a few ideas for outreach and cultural engagement.

I am at the same time reaching out to the GOA because I have ideas that will help them.

Print is a losing ground, but enough still read it that it may get a few thoughts. I already have a headline and story.

I also want to see about getting the orange shirts made up so if there are parades and community functions, lets get in there. Make a presence.

So...what can we do?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So...what can we do?
You've got some good ideas. But honestly until the Va GOP voters stop being whiny bitches about Muh Candidate ain't pure and vote against the D, there is no winning.
Add to that the Va GOP Cuck party quite happy to sit back and be the minority party, there is no winning.
Getting our youth engaged in shooting sports, hunting will help a lot.
Getting more of our own gun owners to be member's of the VCDL is important also. Hell it's $25 a freaking year.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You've got some good ideas. But honestly until the Va GOP voters stop being whiny bitches about Muh Candidate ain't pure and vote against the D, there is no winning.
Add to that the Va GOP Cuck party quite happy to sit back and be the minority party, there is no winning.
Getting more of our own gun owners to be member's of the VCDL is important also. Hell it's $25 a freaking year.
View Quote
You are right. But is it because I am not doing better that they are not engaged?

As far as the youth goes, I am working in a youth program and part of it is working in connection with our LGS. We are going to get out about 20-30 boys to learn firearm safety and actually do some hands on shooting. Just waiting for the green light from the LGS.

I hosted a conceal class in my home (will probably do it again) and am proud to say that all three that came are now going for their conceal license AND PURCHASE A GUN. Shameless plug, I guess, but I am proud that my wife is one of them! Just waiting for her card to come in and she will be carrying.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Want to know how to fight them?

I have been making a "book" on their tactics, and we can use those same tactics against them:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/The-Indivisible-Guide-former-congressional-staffers-insiders-guide-to-resisting-Trump/137-1965112/

Here is another Arfcom link to increasing our political influence:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Increasing-your-political-influence-is-a-lot-easier-than-you-think-Here-are-some-ways-to-do-it-/137-2111801/
View Quote
Thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dominion21, your first link is dead.   Below is their current website, along with their 2.0 version.   Thanks for sharing this, btw.

Version 1.0

Version 2.0
View Quote
Man they are organized. Thanks for posting.

Let's blast this all over the place!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#20]
I may be in over my head here. It seems that possibly we need a full out group that fights for ALL rights and not just firearms. After reading Swire's thread and the others here, it seems we need networks for every part of freedom.

It may be easier building from ground up with local groups into one machine than trying to salvage a sinking ship.

Am I off on this?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You are right. But is it because I am not doing better that they are not engaged?

As far as the youth goes, I am working in a youth program and part of it is working in connection with our LGS. We are going to get out about 20-30 boys to learn firearm safety and actually do some hands on shooting. Just waiting for the green light from the LGS.

I hosted a conceal class in my home (will probably do it again) and am proud to say that all three that came are now going for their conceal license AND PURCHASE A GUN. Shameless plug, I guess, but I am proud that my wife is one of them! Just waiting for her card to come in and she will be carrying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably not. Va GOP voters are lazy and suffer greatly from the Muh Candidate ain't Pure syndrome. The Va conservative hates the good ole boy part of the GOP and the good ole boy part hates the conservative part.
The Va GOP party has been a cuck for the 35 years I have been alive and has only gotten worse. I have no clue on how to fix it other than a complete purging.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Another problem going forward is redistricting.

"As we approach the close of the decade, a new population census will be taken in 2020. This will be the basis for the size of legislative districts at the state and federal level. Virginia has 11 Congressional seats, 40 State Senate districts, and 100 House of Delegates districts. The number of the districts is fixed and will not change. Looking ahead to 2021, redistricting comes into play. Several organizations are advocating for changing the process by removing it from the legislature. Since redistricting is addressed in our state constitution, legislation must be passed in 2019, an election held for statehouse offices, and then be revisited by the next General Assembly before the proposal can be put to referendum. It should come as no surprise that the issue of redistricting will be another hotly debated matter before the legislature in 2019.

Parsing out representative districts is a very complex matter. It is likely to also be very partisan. With the previous redistricting process nearly nine years passed, litigation is ongoing. As of this writing, the courts have been asked to redraw some of the more gerrymandered districts in the House of Delegates. Speaker Kirk Cox has asked that this order by held off until after the U.S. Supreme Court takes up the appeal by the Republican majority. We are waiting for a decision on that proposal."
- Dick Saslaw

Senator Saslaw represents the 35th District in the Virginia State Senate.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
This right here!  One thing the left does really well is rally around the candidate, even if he or she wasn’t the one they wanted. We simply can’t be bothered. They know how to win and unless we change our thought process,  they will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Take heart, I'm sure the VGOPe will find a "W" admin re-tread to run in 2021.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Well, thank you. I try to help where I can.

As far as the redistricting I am sure we will end up with one of the major cities as part of our district. I do have to admit, I have not been in the state long enough to go through a redistricting. I know what it is but do I have to do anything or am I just told what district I am in?

Being part of the district that is now represented by a democrat (10th) I am going to maybe look at engaging in a different way.

All politics are local. I don't even know who my mayor is or who our chamber is. Maybe we need to start ratcheting up our attendance and direct communications with the local side. Let this spill over into our state then our national. From the articles that were posted and the other threads, this sounds like the best course of action.

I can do what I can in my district and town but I am not able to go to every meeting and be on top of everything. The frustrating part is trying to get others around me to be engaged as well. That mindset that was stated, "Not the guy I wanted so I don't care" is really hard to get through.

Now, about the VAGOP. One thing I am a little tired of is their careless attitude. Personally, I do not trust them. I know that this next election, and I am going to predict it here, they will say that things are going to get worse unless we vote them in. However, when they do get in, I am fighting just as hard to defend my liberties (not just my gun rights) as I am with the democrats. Why should I vote for them?

This is where the primaries come into play. I may be jumped on here but please hear me out. I am working hard to try and get the GOP in gear for what they need to do...fight. However, I am considering working with the third party. The Constitutional Party of VA is working on getting established. I have had a few strong words with the leader of the CP of VA but all in all, he is passionate about the Constitution and freedoms.

I am going to see what their plan is to run someone here in the 10th to take Wexton's place. If they do have a contender, this may be just enough to put pressure on the GOP to do SOMETHING! If not, I am not loosing a vote but instead gaining because while I may lose out, I am still voting for those who have the nations best interest in heart. However, I am not sure how they are reaching out. Maybe I need to touch base with them and see what they are running to bring in voters. I have even less hope in what they are doing but at least I know what I am getting.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#26]
If the VA GOP would stop with the open primary bullshit it would be a good start.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If the VA GOP would stop with the open primary bullshit it would be a good start.
View Quote
Nevah gonna happen. The Va GOP can't let the "wrong" one in. See Cuccinelli for details.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:16:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah. Open primaries are hurting for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top