Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2021 4:46:20 PM EDT
I tried T Mobile 5 years ago and went back to Verizon but as per the title they have been terrible lately and it's not just me, everyone I know has been having issues. In Nampa.

Who are you using that you like?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m on TMO. They all have their trouble spots, but Nampa is the worst. So my answer is: move to a less shitty place

J/K
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:40:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I was going to go with ATT up here in kootenai county. Dropped T-Mobile and went Verizon cause every boomer in the area swore it was the best. Its been horrid. Sometimes I even get bumped down to 3g... IN COEUR. But I have ATT 5g internet too and it sucks as well... and T-Mobile was worse than that. My conclusion? They all suck.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was going to go with ATT up here in kootenai county. Dropped T-Mobile and went Verizon cause every boomer in the area swore it was the best. Its been horrid. Sometimes I even get bumped down to 3g... IN COEUR. But I have ATT 5g internet too and it sucks as well... and T-Mobile was worse than that. My conclusion? They all suck.
View Quote

ROFL that's what I'm afraid of
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m on TMO. They all have their trouble spots, but Nampa is the worst. So my answer is: move to a less shitty place

J/K
View Quote

T-Mo has a call center in Meridian, when I called to cancel service they asked why, I said I'm in Nampa and I get horrible service... she pretty much said yeah.. it's bad there let me cancel that for you :P
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Could it be the phone itself? I've had Verizon since forever and have zero issues anywhere in the treasure valley.

My wife has a more budget friendly phone and there are times side by side I have full bars and she doesn't have any.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Could it be the phone itself? I've had Verizon since forever and have zero issues anywhere in the treasure valley.

My wife has a more budget friendly phone and there are times side by side I have full bars and she doesn't have any.
View Quote

Myself, my wife, and my friend have all been having issues in Napa lately.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#7]
We're just over the Ada/Canyon county line in, thank you God, in Canyon.  TMO service here is fine, up against Kuna Butte.  Imo does have an amplifier but we no longer need it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 2:47:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not off wifi often, but I've had no issues with Verizon in Kootenai. Not a boomer..

My wife was on att, and it actually seemed pretty bad.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Something I’ve always noticed when people bitch about their cell service is the condition of the phone.  If it’s in decent shape then it’s probably the service coverage.  If the the phone looks like it’s been run over, raped and hooked on meth then I tend to believe it’s the owner and not the service provider.  I’m not saying it’s you OP, but the other poster had a point about the condition of someone’s phone.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Rumor is that when Kootenai started exploding Verizon turned the dish that serviced Bonner that direction… Rumor, but I do know that I have line of sight to the towers on Baldy but can only connect to towers in Dover that are on the other side of the hill. I don’t think they even try to keep up with the demand.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#11]
ATT is what I use. It's great in the valley but outside (like around Horseshoe Bend) only Version seems to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top