Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2018 9:53:55 AM EDT
I’m new to the area. And I’m looking for a good body shop to get some things repaired on my car. What would you guys recommend, that’s not that expensive and doesn’t take too long to repair the vehicle?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Ankeny Tire & Battery in Ankeny.  It's a small shop that has been in town forever and has never had to advertise.  Able to fix almost any vehicle, very honest & decent prices.  Was once owned by the mayor of Ankeny but now is operated by his son.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#2]
JTown Auto.  Tell Trevor I sent you...
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
For body shops I have only used Tony Moro autobody being I was in walking distance when I had them fix a fender.
for Auto Repair Shops - Scotts Auto Service on SE14th I worked as a mechanic in the metro I have been in and around alot of shops. I worked at Scotts for a few years and Scott and Brian are amazing people
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Accelerated Restoration does good body work. He teaches DMACC night auto body and paint classes too.

https://m.facebook.com/accelrestore/

He has a small shop now, with decent prices.

The last time I got quotes from Tony Moro and Scotty's I decided to take the dmacc class and learn how to do my own damn paint!
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Westside Auto Repair treated me really well. I would give them a call.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for JTown.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 12:16:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Scott's that Low50s writes of has treated me well.  That said, they quoted me $100 more to replace sway bar links on my Mazda 3 than it was at JTown.

I'm ho-hum on Tony Moro, but that is probably a good deal my fault for letting them set the schedule for when it got done and not changing my tune after a handful of months passed. Beef1911 is on to something; next time I'll opt for the DMACC paint class.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top