Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2020 2:38:18 PM EDT
The IL unemployment office sends out something to you via regular mail that indicates you've been approved, which day of the week to certify you're looking for work, etc., correct?

I filed on 3/26. I know they are swamped, but I'm just checking to make sure I'm not missing anything.

The website says they will send you something, but I know people in other states who got their letter via email.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I filed on 3/23, got a letter on 4/2 stating my certification day is 4/8. I’ve heard a rumor that they are waiving the waiting week for benefits. I'll post after I certify to let you know.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I filed on 3/23, got a letter on 4/2 stating my certification day is 4/8. I’ve heard a rumor that they are waiving the waiting week for benefits. I'll post after I certify to let you know.
View Quote

Bingo! Just the information I needed! Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
@lueds24

Did the letter mention anything about the extra $600 per week from the feds?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#4]
It did not. I haven’t heard anything about a $600 a week benifit. All I’ve heard about is a one time $1200, with an additional $500 for dependents payment for those who have an AGI up to $75000. If you make over that at tax filing the benefit is reduced.  I’d be much happier with an additional $600 a week.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It did not. I haven’t heard anything about a $600 a week benifit. All I’ve heard about is a one time $1200, with an additional $500 for dependents payment for those who have an AGI up to $75000. If you make over that at tax filing the benefit is reduced.  I’d be much happier with an additional $600 a week.
View Quote

It’s part of the fed stimulus package. Separate from the $1200 one time payment plus additional for dependents.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Found this on the IL DES website about the fed stimulus

Link
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Update on the fed $600/week additional. It will be paid beginning this week.

Link
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#8]
That would be great. I figured the way the state works that they would start paying it out after most people are back to work, since it isn't retroactive.  I certified this morning and it was just to report any wages or days I was unavailable to work.  It didn't say how much or when I would be paid.  The letter I received is the only place I saw my benefit amount.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That would be great. I figured the way the state works that they would start paying it out after most people are back to work, since it isn't retroactive.  I certified this morning and it was just to report any wages or days I was unavailable to work.  It didn't say how much or when I would be paid.  The letter I received is the only place I saw my benefit amount.
View Quote

So you didn’t have to report you had been looking for work? I’ve heard other states aren’t requiring you to verify you’d been looking for work at this time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#10]
My union has a hiring hall that doesn’t allow me to solicit my own work so the state doesn’t require me to document job searches.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My union has a hiring hall that doesn’t allow me to solicit my own work so the state doesn’t require me to document job searches.
View Quote

Grrr...

Still haven't received anything.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I just checked the USPS website Informed Delivery tool (shows you an image of the front of envelopes you'll be getting that particular day). I'm getting a letter from the IL unemployment department today.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Certified on Wednesday, funds in account today.  Looks like 2 weeks of benefits plus one week of the additional 600.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, as usual, par for the course from IL.

Got my letter today and no issues with getting unemployment benefits. The problem was the the body of the letter said mailing date was 3/31. Today is 4/10. There's no freaking way it took that long to travel the 3 hours from Springfield to the Chicago area. So we all know it was sitting there for who knows how long before it went out.

My certification day is Wednesday. 2-3 business days to get your $$ after you certify. So it's possible I might not have my money until the following Monday. I'm OK financially for now, but I know a lot of other people are probably hurting.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Own our own business so we dont qualify for state. The 600 dollar federal is going to take 7 weeks for Ill to ditribute. I guess it takes that long to skim all you can.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Certified on Wednesday, funds in account today.  Looks like 2 weeks of benefits plus one week of the additional 600.
View Quote

You got the 600 ? just heard yesterday on there sight it would be 7 weeks
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Own our own business so we dont qualify for state. The 600 dollar federal is going to take 7 weeks for Ill to ditribute. I guess it takes that long to skim all you can.
View Quote

What do you mean the $600/week fed stuff is going to take 7 weeks for IL to distribute? There's a notice on the ILDES website that it would be included in payments issued beginning this week.

Link
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just curious which Union do you belong to
Carpenter 317 Kansas City here. Former 97 St Louis
Every week I call the out of work list just in case I ever get called out on job search
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Every week I call the out of work list just in case I ever get called out on job search
View Quote
UBC hall automatically tells unenjoyment members are actively looking for work.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The $600 a week benefit is going on right now. I know because is we can't find anybody with a foid to hire for entry level retail gun shop positions, for our proshop. We found a few people for production but not for our attached gun/proshop.
View Quote

That's gotta suck. I know with the 600/wk I make about 50% more on unemployment than working. But mine is a temporary furlough due to work slowdown and I go back to work next week.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#22]
The extra $600/wk from the feds only goes through July 25 or so. Unless it's extended.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

IBEW 150
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I dont even bring home $600 working full time as a lead foreman for a municipality...

I need to get fired so I can catch up on bills.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top