Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2021 7:19:00 PM EDT
So I got some ammo and bullets today via UPS.  I was expecting a big brown truck as usual but both packages were delivered by someone in a maroon mini van??

Anyone else had that happen?  Just seemed really weird.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I got some ammo and bullets today via UPS.  I was expecting a big brown truck as usual but both packages were delivered by someone in a maroon mini van??

Anyone else had that happen?  Just seemed really weird.
View Quote

It's Peak Season and UPS hires seasonal drivers who use their own vehicles to deliver in order to keep up with the holiday demands. Started a couple weeks ago and runs thru mid-January.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen other carriers do that but my first time seeing UPS doing it.  Gotta do what you gotta do I guess.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
PDV = Personal Delivery Vehicle. UPS has been doing it for a couple years now. If you're in need of a job this peak season and have a vehicle you're hired.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 4:36:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd kill to see someone in a Hellcat rip up to the house and drop off a package lol.  Probably couldn't make enough money to cover the gas though.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Had ups come by this morning in a Dodge Challenger
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Coincidentally that's what my UPS driver has. He drives the brown truck though every time I see him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd kill to see someone in a Hellcat rip up to the house and drop off a package lol.  Probably couldn't make enough money to cover the gas though.

Coincidentally that's what my UPS driver has. He drives the brown truck though every time I see him.

Dang, UPS must pay a lot better than I thought.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Had ups come by this morning in a Dodge Challenger
View Quote

That's still pretty cool!  
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Last year I had a case of 556 delivered by a Trans Am! Still laughing about it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a delivery from a young lady in street clothes driving a silver Honda sedan.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Have had temp driver from FedEx and Amazon show up in the past week. My UPS Gal showed up in a 16 Hertz rental box. She said they sent her out in that while they were loading her normal truck for afternoon delivery s
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 9:38:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Had a guy in a Tacoma last year!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top