Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2021 8:36:37 AM EDT
We have two pieces of very good news today...

First, remember that the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act was filed as separate bills in both the House and the Senate.

Each of those bills move independent of one another through those two chambers. Only one of those bills has to complete the entire process, but that one bill has to be vetted and approved by both the House and the Senate.

SB 39 has now been voted out of the Senate General Laws Committee by a 5 to 1 vote.

The next step is for that bill to be reported out of the committee so the president pro tem of the Senate can send it on to the entire Senate -- place it on the calendar.

One rub is the fact that the chairman of the General Laws Committee will be gone for several days and it is unclear whether the next step will take place without him.

In the mean time, HB 85 and the identical HB 310 have been rolled into one bill.  It's only a title change.

The hearing for that combined bill was held today -- there was no opposition and we expect that bill to be voted out of committee very soon.

ACTION ITEMS:

While waiting on the process, there are two things you can be doing:

Check this list for your state reps' name. If it is not there, call him or her and ask that they join the other over 56 reps who have cosponsored HB 85.  
https://www.house.mo.gov/CoSponsors.aspx?bill=HB85&year=2021&code=R

Call your sheriff. Tell him that we have discovered some erroneous information that was spread to sheriffs across the state. Ask them to contact me if they have any pause about supporting SAPA or ask them to go here and read the FAQ: http://www.mofirst.org/?page=issues/SAPA-Resources.php
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I was a little surprised that my rep (Adam Schnelting -104) wasn't listed there. I guess he was one of the original co-sponsors but somehow was omitted from the list. It did not sound like I was the first one to bug him about it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Check this list for your state reps' name. If it is not there, call him or her and ask that they join the other over 56 reps who have cosponsored HB 85.  
Done.

Call your sheriff. Tell him that we have discovered some erroneous information that was spread to sheriffs across the state.
Our sheriff is solid.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
bump
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Sweet!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#5]
It's BS that the Republicans have had a veto proof majority for 8+ yrs on top of a Republican governor for over 4+ yrs, and it took a a threat like this from DC to resuscitate this bill.  Why the hell couldn't they be PROACTIVE and get stuff like this passed well before the threat was at our door steps?!?!?!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
My rep is already a sponsor.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My rep is already a sponsor.
View Quote

Good deal!
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget to contact your sheriff to see where they stand. You can send them to the link in the original post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top