Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2023 7:44:03 PM EDT
In town for conference in a couple of weeks. Will be staying downtown.

What’s the can’t-miss place to eat?

And since this is ARFCOM, given that I’m staying downtown, do I need to bring a CCW?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Mondos for Italian is my best recommendation,  it’s a little south of downtown.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Not downtown, but the spicy shrimp tacos at Pub W are great (or were last time I had them).

https://pubdub.com/menus/
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
We're a constitution carry state and since you'll be in Tulsa, be sure and carry
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We're a constitution carry state and since you'll be in Tulsa, be sure and carry
View Quote

From some one that lives in Tulsa I second this.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:19:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Lasalle's made one of the best sammiches I've ever had in my life, but I'm not seeing them downtown on the maps. =(

Ron's hamburgers and chili if you want some grease in your life.

Mexicali, liked going here for regular old taco dinner, or just chips n salsa / beer.

Fassler Hall for lunch : Sauages on special w/ free duck fat fries and good beer.

PRYHME Steakhouse : use to order steak off ala carte / appetizer on certain days and not be crazy $$$.

Jinya Ramen

Wanda J's soul food. (haven't been but heard good things)

Fatguys burgers.  Another  good burger joint.

Burn CO. BBQ - Weird hours and usually a line.

AlbertGs BBQ - decent not nearly as good as Burn CO imho.

Mcnellies - Pub with good bar food.  

Dilly diner- breakfast

Tallys - old school diner

Elote- awesome burritos

Then there's plenty of hipster joints.

Depending on where you are staying.... most of the hotels downtown have shuttles and if not busy may be able to drop you off / pick you up around downtown.  

I worked / lived downtown for 2 years (2017-2018ish)..... and I was very near the bus station near BOK.  Be alert if you are near the bus station/try to avoid it.

Never felt in danger, but plenty of crazies clustered by the bus station, and Tulsa Metro PD doesn't mess around.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Downtown I like in the Raw and Bull in the Alley. Boston Title and Abstracts amazing, but I haven't made it there yet. Mr. Kim's is pretty good. Lone Wolf for something cheaper or lunch is good. Mondo's has been good in the past, but I haven't been to the new location yet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, all, for the suggestions!

I’ve arrived in the rain, and am now sitting at Mondo’s at the bar. It smells amazing here.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Bricktown brewery - there are a few of them, one of my go tos for burgers, best nachos HANDS DOWN ive ever had PERIOD - I prefer the chicken, some like the pork though.
R Bar - best old fashioned in town, great brunch, fantastic food, great scenery on the weekends (across the street from Lulu Lemon)
Neighborhood Jam - Brunch place, use Yelp to reserve a seat or the wait can often exceed 2 hours on the weekends
Andolinis Pizza - great pizza joint with wonderful all you can eat lunch specials on pizza, pasta and salad
Fassler Hall - they make wonderful sausage, incredible bourbon and beer selection, and on Mondays, all the sausages are half off.
I would have said Mondos, but you already ate there... amazing clam chowder
Just about any BBQ joint is good here and portions are huge
No shortage of good food here, which is evident by the size of many of Tulsas inhabitants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top