Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2021 7:02:47 PM EDT
On Monday, I will be in Tucson for 5 weeks working on a project. Does everywhere in town require a mask? I hate those things, but if I need to get food, I don't have much choice.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Governor just rescinded the mask decrees for all towns in AZ, they can't hammer you for not wearing it. Now individual businesses CAN require it, but they don't have to. This just happened.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Governor just rescinded the mask decrees for all towns in AZ, they can't hammer you for not wearing it. Now individual businesses CAN require it, but they don't have to. This just happened.
View Quote

I saw that right after I posted. Hoping to not have to have that damn diaper on my face.

From what I gather, even though it's no longer a state mandate, any business can still require you to wear one if you visit their place of business? Man, am I going to miss my hometown.....

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you need salsa?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you need salsa?
View Quote

I always need salsa.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:27:23 AM EDT
[#5]
This may seem obvious, but if you like Mexican food, Tucson is paradise on earth. Go to one of the barrio cafe locations for their breakfast/brunches. The food down there blows the doors off what we have in PHX.

Don't mean to derail the thread.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:43:43 AM EDT
[#6]
put a mask in yer pocket...if it's a place you want to enter bad enough and they require a mask,  put it on and take care of yer business.  Lots of places have signs saying mask required to appease the now defunct mask order....yet they don't enforce it.  I tend to enter w/o a mask and you can rest assured they'll let you know verbally if it's required and then you can choose to comply with their wishes or leave.

We are certainly trending in the right direction as far as the mask nonsense goes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Local mayor and county supervisor are not willing to let go of their power to control just yet.  They will feel the pressure within a week and people will start to say fuck it.  

Our quack health department shithead doc says numbers need to go down, but can't pick a number.  She is as incompetent as it gets.

I already said fuck it.  

My wife works with hardcore libs and they are pissed at governor dooshbag and want another month of mask wearing. (just two more weeks and shit......)  Since there are tons of libs in Tucson, there will still be a lot of Karenism going on, so be prepared to fend off a cunt or two.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This may seem obvious, but if you like Mexican food, Tucson is paradise on earth. Go to one of the barrio cafe locations for their breakfast/brunches. The food down there blows the doors off what we have in PHX.

Don't mean to derail the thread.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

There was a mask mandate? So is this why so few people died of heart disease last year?  People wearing masks so they quit shoveling shit in their mouths making them fat, who would have thought...
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Local mayor and county supervisor are not willing to let go of their power to control just yet.  They will feel the pressure within a week and people will start to say fuck it.  

Our quack health department shithead doc says numbers need to go down, but can't pick a number.  She is as incompetent as it gets.

I already said fuck it.  

My wife works with hardcore libs and they are pissed at governor dooshbag and want another month of mask wearing. (just two more weeks and shit......)  Since there are tons of libs in Tucson, there will still be a lot of Karenism going on, so be prepared to fend off a cunt or two.
View Quote

the stupid is strong in tucson for sure and oro valley is about as sheeple as you can get.

the weird part is, you dont have to be a lib to be a masker. i have devout a conservative working for me and she will never take her mask off. germaphobes vote in all directions.  

bruegers bagels took down their mask sign right away. i’ll applaud them for that. i like the breakfast bagles and dark coffee there.

ace hardware too, they just have a “recommended” sign up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I had heard Tucson and Flagstaff said they were going to continue to require masks. Oh well. Sure am going to miss having the freedom of life here in the White Mountains.

Looks like I'll be packing my Trump mask....

Thanks for the input, guys.

Link Posted: 3/31/2021 4:55:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had heard Tucson and Flagstaff said they were going to continue to require masks. Oh well. Sure am going to miss having the freedom of life here in the White Mountains.

Looks like I'll be packing my Trump mask....

Thanks for the input, guys.

View Quote

Just claim to be a an asylum seeker.  They aren't holding them to any mandates or laws of any kind, especially COVID related.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Tucson and Pima County are openly defying the governor on the mask mandates. Waiting for that collision. Should be entertaining. I left the city of my birth almost 20 years ago and don't miss Tucson at all.
BTW, lots of great mom and pop eateries in the Valley as well.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Most places don’t care. Just have one with you just in case they say something. Either put it on or leave the store. Your call
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:23:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tucson and Pima County are openly defying the governor on the mask mandates. Waiting for that collision. Should be entertaining. I left the city of my birth almost 20 years ago and don't miss Tucson at all.
BTW, lots of great mom and pop eateries in the Valley as well.
View Quote
State AG says it is OK for them to continue with their tyranny. The gov can have the state health director tell them to knock it off if he can find his balls.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Most places don’t care. Just have one with you just in case they say something. Either put it on or leave the store. Your call
View Quote
First time Costco has fucked with me over it was last weekend.  I wore it to get through the door and then took it off.  I made it the full length of the store before a manager chased me down.  I then put on my chin warmer.  Up until then, there would always be a handful of peeps with no mask.  It is like some people want to turn up the level of fuckness at the end of this engineered crisis.

I see almost everyone in grocery stores still wearing masks.  I don't, and there is usually one or two others I see without them.  No employee has made a peep about it lately.

At the range last Friday, nobody was wearing masks at first, not even county employees.  I got absorbed in shooting and about three hours later, some crotchety old fucker range master, who wasn't wearing a mask earlier, came over and told me to put a mask on.  I had that instance of fuck you, make me, but I just put on my chin warmer, packed up, and left.  I am going to assume someone went karen on them.

I went to a beer club for men event last Thursday and it was 99% no masks.  Garret Lewis was there and he is our anti-mask advocate.

It took a while to get here, but people are conditioned, trained, and controlled now.  They won't do anything unless the government says it is OK.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Diamondback shooting sports. Got rid of their mask BS. They were the first ones I noticed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

State AG says it is OK for them to continue with their tyranny. The gov can have the state health director tell them to knock it off if he can find his balls.
View Quote

He'd have to have had them in the first place...
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#19]
doenst pima county have a snitch hotline to report mask violation?

sure would be somethin if their resources where inundated by calling in about chin diapers ok people shopping in sprouts, trader joes, total wine....i see that alot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top