Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2022 3:13:46 PM EDT
Anyone know who has this in stock in NJ?

TROY A4 “Other Firearm”

Every aspect of the TROY A4 “other firearm” was built from years of experience working with military and law enforcement agencies around the world. The result of our efforts: a powerful, compact, and lightweight firearm that fills the niche between Rifles, SBR and Pistol AR platforms. The TROY A4 “other firearm” is not an NFA weapon and is approved for sale in New Jersey.

https://techopsinternational.com/troy-a4-other-firearm/

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#1]
not in NJ, but impactguns.com has them. I've used them a lot---they're GTG
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve handled the Troy and Dark Storm. I went DS, it was just a better built Other. I absolutely love this weapon. You are more than welcome to join me for some range time.
As for your original question, Shooters had Troy in stock not that long ago. I ordered my DS from PK.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#3]
May be a stupid question but is it possible to build your own? I'm guessing no because nj.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 5:21:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
May be a stupid question but is it possible to build your own? I'm guessing no because nj.
View Quote

something about intent to manufacture illegal weapons due to the parts involved............

FPM FJB FKH
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

something about intent to manufacture illegal weapons due to the parts involved............

FPM FJB FKH
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FPM FJB FKH

Yeah, that's what I thought. Fuck this state.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe it is. You have to apply for a Form 1 from the ATF for approval.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a document that specifically mentions Troy and Dark Storm being approved by all the alphabet government  jerkoffs. I carry a copy of it in my range bag.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was always under the impression that it was impossible to Form 1 anything in this state. Thought the nfa didn't exist here.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was always under the impression that it was impossible to Form 1 anything in this state. Thought the nfa didn't exist here.
View Quote

Not 100% sure but read this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NJGuns/comments/gs8zqe/nj_aows/
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I read that yesterday. I still don't quite understand it. I'm kind of a moron.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 5:22:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, I read that yesterday. I still don't quite understand it. I'm kind of a moron.
View Quote

Me too. If we can't understand it how will our JBT understand it?
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The JBT will just take their normal stance of...

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Try Tech Ops in Phillpsburg for a Troy A4.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#14]
An AOW in NJ requires a Form 1, not an Other firearm. I dont understand these people saying you cant build an Other. You cant build one off a gun thats already been transferred as a “rifle” but Stripped lowers should be transferred as an “other” on the 4473 no matter what even before these “other firearms” existed. Theres even FFL’s in NJ that sell stripped lowers that are MARKED “Other Firearm” and according to them have had the approval of the NJSP to do so. On the contrary, the NJSP approval letter that originally came out when the Troy and DSI rifles were introduced was just that, an approval letter and guidelines. Last i checked NJSP cant just make up their own laws from a piece of paper.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Does anyone know their current cost?
View Quote

About $1200.00
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks Lugerman.

Those who have one, is it worth it? And not necessarily just this manufacturer.
View Quote

For me personally Absolutely. The muzzle blast can be harsh but I always double up my hearing protection. Ive been shooting at short range with very tight groups. My offer stands to anyone who wants a little range time with it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I know you reload. What are the chamber and barrel specs? Have you chronographed your piece?
View Quote

12.5 length, 1:7 nitrite , 556

Never did chronograph, (lent mine to someone who shot it up and never replaced it)
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:45:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

For me personally Absolutely. The muzzle blast can be harsh but I always double up my hearing protection. Ive been shooting at short range with very tight groups. My offer stands to anyone who wants a little range time with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks Lugerman.

Yes it’s worth it. Did a few mods to mine. As mentioned above it’s a little blasty. Bought an SLR linear comp to try out. Still need to install.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes it’s worth it. Did a few mods to mine. As mentioned above it’s a little blasty. Bought an SLR linear comp to try out. Still need to install.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294617/B333EA07-3DC5-4F84-97DE-B14F3C8A0561_jpe-2410044.JPG
View Quote

Great looking rifle!! I think I want one!
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294617/B333EA07-3DC5-4F84-97DE-B14F3C8A0561_jpe-2410044.JPG

Thanks! Yes you should get one. Can’t have too many guns.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:20:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s actually more fun to shoot than the Krink
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thanks Lugerman.

View Quote

Yeah they're well worth it imo. I'd been pretty jaded from the hobby for a few reasons when a coworker got one in 5.56 he wanted me to put an optic on and sight in. I had no idea they even existed until he showed me his, but after I did that I had to have one, I put a trigger in it and was hitting 6" plates at 150yds 1:1, it was a blast. That led to having to have one set up just like it in 9mm for my girls. That ones equally fun hitting fist sized water balloons at 25yds 1:1. That wound up being heavier (because I put a heavier bolt and all tungsten weights in it with a silent short action captured recoil spring) and now it feels like it "kicks" harder but that's besides the point, it's probably my favorite.

The size and weight of these make shooting fun again.

As a side note, on the 5.56 I got a Mantis/Blackbeard laser/trigger reset system for dry fire practice, that thing is a lot of fun around the house and good for practicing walking and shooting and point shooting if you're into that kinda stuff.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#27]
A side note, they're available in 10.5" or 12.5"

If you get a 10.5" it's obviously shorter, but the muzzle attachment has to be pinned and welded (but we're used to that)

If you get a 12.5 you can leave it "threaded" and swap out whatever attachments you want including flash hiders, so you can pretend you live in America. Both options have their pros and cons, I went with 10.5"'s
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I've shot a few, they are cool and fun. For me though I just prefer my tavor it's the same OAL as an other..

Buddy has one in 300blk it's fun with his can.

Most guys I know built theres
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Most guys I know built theres
View Quote

On one hand, I wanna say I hope they have Nappen on retainer, as that's a lot to explain to an average cop and I know damn well they'd "take it and let the court figure it out" but on the other hand, I don't even know where my stupid permission slips are...
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#31]
People's lack of understanding of both the law and the gravity of it is stunning. A friend of mine has one and mentioned taking off the "stupid vfg" I was like whoah whoah whoah and explained it to him and he just said "well that's stupid" (which it is) but when I explained the ramifications of it, he just looked at me like I was being paranoid and exaggerating or something.  Then online in another group I saw a guy mention swapping out the brace for a stock!

I can explain it to people, but I can't understand it for them. For those that aren't sure, the law is very specific to the configuration and length, by configuration it means *no stock* (unlike a rifle) and has to have a vfg because it's designed to be held with 2 hands (unlike a pistol)

It's best to read their verbiage yourself but understand what they're looking for and why, it's not something you can just "wing" in this state. You MIGHT be able to and MIGHT be fine, but the consequences if you aren't can and will probably be bad. Not something to chance. I'm not looking to argue or debate could/should can/are and am. I'm all for freedom, esp my own! We've all seen what this state does to innocent people.

Read it, read it and again, UNDERSTAND it, then get one and enjoy the hell out of it, cause it's worth it!

https://www.docdroid.net/bPx8Wvb/njsp-fiu-troy-a4-other-approval-letter-pdf
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
People's lack of understanding of both the law and the gravity of it is stunning. A friend of mine has one and mentioned taking off the "stupid vfg" I was like whoah whoah whoah and explained it to him and he just said "well that's stupid" (which it is) but when I explained the ramifications of it, he just looked at me like I was being paranoid and exaggerating or something.  Then online in another group I saw a guy mention swapping out the brace for a stock!

I can explain it to people, but I can't understand it for them. For those that aren't sure, the law is very specific to the configuration and length, by configuration it means *no stock* (unlike a rifle) and has to have a vfg because it's designed to be held with 2 hands (unlike a pistol)

It's best to read their verbiage yourself but understand what they're looking for and why, it's not something you can just "wing" in this state. You MIGHT be able to and MIGHT be fine, but the consequences if you aren't can and will probably be bad. Not something to chance. I'm not looking to argue or debate could/should can/are and am. I'm all for freedom, esp my own! We've all seen what this state does to innocent people.

Read it, read it and again, UNDERSTAND it, then get one and enjoy the hell out of it, cause it's worth it!

https://www.docdroid.net/bPx8Wvb/njsp-fiu-troy-a4-other-approval-letter-pdf
View Quote

Well said... I carry the documents printed from the link above in my range bag “just in case”...
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top