Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2021 12:57:42 PM EDT
While tooling around in North Georgia I saw several forestry service road on a river where folks had pointed a camper.

But I can't remember where.

Any decent trout fishing spots in North Georgia where I could pull my 32' camper to?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 3:26:15 AM EDT
[#1]
(34.7292794, -84.1562303)

This is the USFS road exit and you can camp wherever. Last time I went fishing here we passed a bunch of campers between the Chattahoochee Trout hatchery and a little up this road before the creek crossing. I would scout it out though because 32’ could be a hassle. You can fish the Toccoa River and by the hatchery, cool area but for sure get there early. I would recommend scouting without trailer if or at least getting there early on a weekday if possible.

@gajeep94yj

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 3:52:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
(34.7292794, -84.1562303)

This is the USFS road exit and you can camp wherever. Last time I went fishing here we passed a bunch of campers between the Chattahoochee Trout hatchery and a little up this road before the creek crossing. I would scout it out though because 32’ could be a hassle. You can fish the Toccoa River and by the hatchery, cool area but for sure get there early. I would recommend scouting without trailer if or at least getting there early on a weekday if possible.

@gajeep94yj

View Quote

Knowing the area I agree completely with this reply! Have fun!
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I can help on places to trout fish, but getting a 32' camper is a whole nother story. Way back in the day my family camped in a pop up, all over north GA, but that was a pain some times - I can't imagine one that big. If you want to go a little further, the KOA in Cherokee I know can handle them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#4]
There is an RV campground on the Tallulah River north of Hwy 76 that can accommodate a 32' trailer.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is an RV campground on the Tallulah River north of Hwy 76 that can accommodate a 32' trailer.
View Quote

Yea this. Honestly man.. Here is what i would do, and have done multiple times..

Setup camp at Willow Valley campground in Clayton GA. That put's you inside an hour to some of the best water on the east coast, to include the water up in Western NC. Frankly it's better water. I fished the Nantahala, Tuck, and Deep Creek a few weekends ago, plus the Chatooga and some small streams, all while base camping at Willow Valley. It's cheap enough, and the power, sewer and water are well worth the 40 bucks a night.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.

We know all about the campgrounds up there, and frequent them often.

However we were looking for a spot to have in the river and fish near the kitchen and bathroom.

We've tent camped a lot of the fish hatchery road, but never had good luck fishing in that area.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:17:56 AM EDT
[#7]
To side track thos thread what water are you guys fishing in the winter? I will be back in Georgia from New Mexico in a few days. I have a lot on my plate before I head to Wyoming in may Things lile hog hunting and dirt bike riding. But I always have time for some fly fishing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top