Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2022 10:23:35 PM EDT
Not affliated in any way...just received the email.

Triune Shooting Sports Sales Offer
The owner's of Triune Shooting Sports are retiring. With this in mind, we would much rather sell the store to new owner's and keep the community's largest gun store in Warrenton, VA open! Below is some information about the sale.

Potential buyer's should contact Nick Kalis, with Kalis Development, at 703-585-0100 and/ or e-mail to [email protected].

Confidential Offering Memorandum

Triune Arms LLC
571 Frost Avenue
Warrenton, Virginia 20186-3023

Two (2) valuable e-commerce sites included

www.triuneshootingsports.com
www.triunearms.com

Includes two (2) valuable trade names
Triune Shooting Sports
Triune Tactical

Sellers seek only $225,000 for:

Intellectual property associated with business
Customer lists
All web sites
Mailing lists
Goodwill
Contracts that are assignable
All trade fixtures
Long-term lease
Furniture
Point-of-sales equipment
Tools
Assignable licenses
Illuminated sign
Plus more assets
Plus estimated $140,000 inventory - cost to be inventoried/agreed upon before closing.

Details
Retail/Gunsmithing/Online/Training Business to be sold free and clear of all debt
Owners willing to provide training as mutually agreed upon.
Through a decade of relationships with firearm, ammo, and accessory distributors – not easily replicated - Triune obtains harder-to-find guns, ammo, etc. before the distributor rep offers it to others.
Store features safe, virtually unbreakable security features, video cameras, gunsmithing tools, training room overhead projector w/ installed screen (professionally installed), tables, chairs, etc.
Customer/mailing list exceeds 4,500 persons
Store’s Lightspeed POS service features a customer database.
FFL request tool on its web page for transfers, where customers fill out the form and it sends Triune’s FFL to their seller (required by law).
Center anchored by Food Lion (part of a worldwide chain of over 7,100 supermarkets and food stores).
Triune which has seen an uptick in foot traffic (new customers) since new Harbor Freight has brought more male shoppers to this center.
Visible to 25,000 vehicles per day traveling on store’s Route 211 location.
Over 500 parking spaces.
Neighboring employment centers (see below).

Competition Analysis
Only two (2)

Clark Brothers in Opal Virginia – they are a shooting range/gun shop; seller has mutual collaboration with this competitor
Highflyer Arms in Old Town Warrenton – seller has cooperative relationship with this competitor

Growth Potential

Sources of future growth - Active management; Online Sales; Longer hours; Open Sunday; Gun Shows; Robust Course/Training Schedule
September 2021 – Amazon pays $ 39.7 million for 41.7 acres in Town of Warrenton

Agent
Nicholas Kalis - Kalis Development Corporation - Suite 400
7918 Jones Branch Drive - McLean, Virginia 22102-3319
703-585-0100
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Va team group buy?
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
They floated the sale 2 weeks ago on reddit...but without naming it...just saying it's a Nova shop, which clearly threw folks off.

https://old.reddit.com/r/VAGuns/comments/smvswi/virginia_gun_shopgun_smithtraining_business_for/

The reputation you are buying:

https://old.reddit.com/r/VAGuns/comments/snsy8t/is_triune_arms_a_good_gun_store/
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm quite tired of working in IT, but the firearm industry seems so hard to make any real profit in, at least for a small store like that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm quite tired of working in IT, but the firearm industry seems so hard to make any real profit in, at least for a small store like that.
View Quote

It's a hard business for any size B&M LGS in the current economy and political climate.  You can't compete for selection and prices with online places and your business is subject to the whims of state and federal legislators and their ever-increasing assault on the 2A.  We've certainly seen quite a few close in recent years in my part of VA. And that far out, your are competing with kitchen table dealers for transfers.  The fact that both owners apparently want out and don't have anyone else close to them (friends, family, or employee) interested in buying them out certainly seems to indicate something.

I have no way to judge the value, but other than the lease and signage, none of it really blows my hair back.  Their inventory is a wildcard, but I assume they are sitting on stuff that is not selling.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not familiar with Triune Arms, and I moved away from Warrenton when
the space Triune occupied was still a bar.

I didn't know Highflyer Arms either, but lived near and and have been to Clark Bros. in Opal.  $$$

ETA - Clark Bros. - my go to for .22LR, .45 ACP and 12 gauge.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:59:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I moved to Warrenton last spring.

I’ve yet l have a good experience at triune.  The man and woman that are there every time I’m there have been wholly uninterested in looking up from whatever electronic device they’ve had their head buried in. I’m over there all the time waiting in my car for shit at the high school.  Figured why not wait in a gun store rather than my car?

Nope.  Not worth it

I don’t know anyone in the community that prefers them to highflyer, even though they do have a bigger store and inventory.  

They should give a discount because of the reputation.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I’ve yet l have a good experience at triune.  The man and woman that are there every time I’m there have been wholly uninterested in looking up from whatever electronic device they’ve had their head buried in. I’m over there all the time waiting in my car for shit at the high school.  Figured why not wait in a gun store rather than my car?

Nope.  Not worth it

I don’t know anyone in the community that prefers them to highflyer, even though they do have a bigger store and inventory.  

View Quote

There really is no excuse for such poor CS...especially in a shop with so little traffic.  You'd think they'd be pretty happy to have someone come in.  And it's not exactly rocket science.  Look up with a smile and say something like, "Hey there, thanks for dropping in.  Just browsing or can I help you find something specific?"

But your experience does not appear to be atypical from what I have seen elsewhere, so even the value of their lease and signage is questionable.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nope.  Not worth it

View Quote

Did you ask them for a cup of coffee while you were using the Triune waiting room?
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve known Perry for years. He is one of the good guys.

I first met Perry when I purchased a slightly used Mossberg 500 from his shop. I liked the gun, I liked the price, so I bought it. About a week later, Perry gave me a call and said that he found the original factory box for it along with the extra choke tubes, manual and other accessories and that it was supposed to go with the gun (no extra charge). He held it for me until I could pick it up.

He didn’t have to do that. Our deal was done. He could have easily put the choke tubes up for sale for $5 each and tossed the box in the trash. Like I said, he is one of the good guys.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top