Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2018 12:14:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: remi870]
Hi All,

I have been here since 12/29 enjoying the beautiful state of Vermont.

However unfortunately, we are scheduled to leave tomorrow, Friday, 1/5 at 1 PM out of Bradley in Hartford, CT which is 3 1/2 hours away .

With blizzard conditions today and more snow tomorrow, I am wondering the smartest exit strategy to take and I would be extremely grateful for your input... to further complicate things, I’m a dumb yokel from South Florida and I have no clue!

For example, how quickly after a storm do they clear and plow the roads?   Also, I would imagine there will be a lot of congestion along our route which will be 89 S. to 91 south?

Here’s what I know so far. The blizzard hits New England today with a blizzard warning remaining in effect until 1 AM early Friday morning.  They are predicting up to 12 inches of snow along my route.  As of right now, my flight out of Bradley Friday morning is still scheduled... however, all flights today have been canceled.

If I did in fact try to leave,  what time would you leave Stowe to get to Bradley airport in Hartford Connecticut by 11:00 AM?

As a precautionary measure, we have booked Marriott rooms in Stowe.   Should I just stay the extra night and change the flights? Should I try to leave Friday morning as planned? Should I wait till midnight tonight  after I know more to make the decision?

I’m traveling with two young children and I don’t want to get caught on the highway with them. Again, I can’t thank you enough for your local knowledge and input.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Just saw this for the first time today, unfortunately.

How are things going now? Need any more assistance?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top