Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2018 9:21:35 PM EDT
I would like to someday retire and move from Alaska to Arizona what's the best area for running a RZR and shooting .
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The hell is wrong with you moving from the most awesome state in the union to the devils onion ring?  I’d move to Kenai and retire any day of the week over this shithole
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Came here in 72 and I can tell you it's turning to shit filling up with the gang bangers and other trash . Kenai is ok if you just want to sit around and watch the cars rust I know I worked there for several years, roll up the streets at 5.
bottom line the whole US is going to hell but I'm just tired of this place.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Came here in 72 and I can tell you it's turning to shit filling up with the gang bangers and other trash . Kenai is ok if you just want to sit around and watch the cars rust I know I worked there for several years, roll up the streets at 5.
bottom line the whole US is going to hell but I'm just tired of this place.
View Quote
Central Az has a good climate and low population density. Lots of open public lands for recreation and very gun friendly.
Look at Payson, greater Prescott area and Cottonwood/Verde Valley.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 2:23:09 AM EDT
[#4]
OP, Rich is correct.

The arfcomers here in central AZ are close knit for the most. Better weather if one doesn't want to be living next to the sun to the south of us. Lots of forest land to travel in and good places to hunt or camp.

Fortunately for you, we don't have four legged things that try to hunt you down here so there is that

I suggest a recon first. Come sit with us over lunch so we can give you the true lay of the land.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#5]
There are a few spots around Tucson that give you easy access into the mountains  (Rincons and Catalinas) and plenty of trails to explore.  Check out Catalina/Oracle or the Tanque Verde area of Tucson.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 12:10:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I’d say prescott or showlow coming from Alaska, you’ll hate the nasty ass heat in Phoenix and Tucson is the armpit of the state, fuck that place, I work down there a few weeks a month
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#7]
There are a lot of areas take your RZR in AZ, White Mtns, Crown King, Munds Park, Sedona. Check out the AZ RZR group https://www.facebook.com/groups/AZRZR, also check out the Peace Trail,  https://arizonapeacetrail.org/  Where I live it is 3 miles from the house to shoot and 300 yards from my garage to the dirt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top