Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2024 1:45:12 PM EDT
Hi ARFCOM brothers and sisters. I'm searching and seeking advice on a attorney that deals in traffic law. I made a bone head judgment decision. Thought I could make the yellow light and did not.

Stupid and selfish I know and am sorry. Thank God no accident became of this! This happened in Henry County specifically Clinton MO this past Monday evening on my way down to the Ozarks by Cabool. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated and helpful. I've not needed a traffic law attorney since my 20's so almost 30 years.

Thank you for your time.

Bill
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#1]
No accident? So you're just trying to get out of a ticket?

Who issued the ticket? Local cop or Highway Patrol?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:35:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 67Firebird] [#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
City or county?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bladeswitcher:
No accident? So you're just trying to get out of a ticket?

Who issued the ticket? Local cop or Highway Patrol?
View Quote

No wrecks involved just stupid judgment call on my end. Yes, don't want the points. Clinton PD issue the citation. Court date April 16th. So have to move fast, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Ed clemmons in cass co is cheap,cheap, cheap. Great guy too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:27:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bladeswitcher] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By masterofpew:

No wrecks involved just stupid judgment call on my end. Yes, don't want the points. Clinton PD issue the citation. Court date April 16th. So have to move fast, thanks.
View Quote

You might try calling the prosecutor and asking if there’s a way to avoid points. Sometimes they have creative solutions. It would likely cost more than the original ticket but I imagine they would be happy to take your money.

ETA: I suspect this option is off the table if you have a lawyer. The club sticks up for the club, after all.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all your advice. Got word today that the Prosecutor accepted a plea deal and reduced it to a faulty equipment(non-moving violation). It hurt as I have a Class A CDL to the tune of $410 for attorney, fine and court cost .

Dumb, dumb bone head call and lesson learned. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top