Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2024 11:12:33 AM EDT
Today is our Super Tuesday Primary Voting day!

If you didn't take advantage of early voting, the. TODAY is your day to GO VOTE!

Get to the Polls & Make Your Voice Heard!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, gotta go after work.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I early voted, early and often
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
I early voted, early and often
View Quote

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I had to do something this morning that makes me feel really dirty...  I had to vote in the Democratic primary.  Yes...  I know...  But there was a reason for it...  Voting AGAINST that scumbag Jose Garza for Travis County DA.  He's the worst.  Soros funded ultra pinko.  Criminal's best friend.  The guy running against him isn't someone I'd pick, but he's far and away less bad than Garza.  It probably won't matter because with all the rampant libtard morons in Travco, they'll probably re-nominate Garza -- it isn't like it was a secret what he was going to do.  And the primary is effectively the election for every county wide office since basically Republicans are outnumbered by 3:1...  But it is the best chance of getting rid of Garza.  Garza has delivered on his campaign promises, which is a BAD thing.  He basically ran on that he would prosecute Police for every little thing and wouldn't prosecute anyone part of a "traditionally disenfranchised" group.  So basically he's not prosecuting or pleaing out (ridiculously lame plea deals) anyone who isn't white.

The upside...  I got to vote against Joe Biden.  Not that it will matter because I am sure he will get the nomination again anyway.  I also voted against the Dem who is running against Cruz for Senate that seems to have a ton of $$$ backing him.  Again, probably won't matter, but it is a symbolic gesture...  a middle finger gesture.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Voted Trump, Cruz, O'Shea, Barnes
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Is Biden getting more votes than Trump in Texas?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:56:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SoftwareJanitor:
I had to do something this morning that makes me feel really dirty...  I had to vote in the Democratic primary.  Yes...  I know...  But there was a reason for it...  Voting AGAINST that scumbag Jose Garza for Travis County DA.  He's the worst.  Soros funded ultra pinko.  Criminal's best friend.  The guy running against him isn't someone I'd pick, but he's far and away less bad than Garza.  It probably won't matter because with all the rampant libtard morons in Travco, they'll probably re-nominate Garza -- it isn't like it was a secret what he was going to do.  And the primary is effectively the election for every county wide office since basically Republicans are outnumbered by 3:1...  But it is the best chance of getting rid of Garza.  Garza has delivered on his campaign promises, which is a BAD thing.  He basically ran on that he would prosecute Police for every little thing and wouldn't prosecute anyone part of a "traditionally disenfranchised" group.  So basically he's not prosecuting or pleaing out (ridiculously lame plea deals) anyone who isn't white.

The upside...  I got to vote against Joe Biden.  Not that it will matter because I am sure he will get the nomination again anyway.  I also voted against the Dem who is running against Cruz for Senate that seems to have a ton of $$$ backing him.  Again, probably won't matter, but it is a symbolic gesture...  a middle finger gesture.

View Quote

District Attorney Jesus Garza (who is not even a lawyer - just a far left "social justice" Soros activist) has done more to destroy "Traditional Texas" (you commit a crime & you will absolutely be arrested & go to jail) in Travis County than any other person on the planet.   That weasel faced shitbag can choke on a bag of shit covered dicks.

Good for You - distasteful a job as it was voting in a Democratic Primary.

I am in Williamson County, otherwise I would have joined you in that strategy .

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:36:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eeshooter45] [#9]
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:17:36 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Great news, if what is being reported tonight, is true.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:15:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Here in HD1 we managed to get our local RINO into a runoff.  Hopefully we can evict him in May.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Jill Dutton, who won the POS Brian Slaton’s seat to finish out his term with the help of democrats, lost against Brent Money soundly in Van Zandt County.  Dutton had the endorsement of Hensarling, Lance Gooden, Rick Perry, and Dade Phelan.  Tells me all I need to know about her.  She keeps some pretty shitty company with those endorsements.  

Since the legislature isn’t in session this year, she’s a lame duck.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:12:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Glad to see Wes Virdell won his race. Good dude.

I haven't even looked at my area's results yet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#14]
"Lets Go Brandon"
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Lots of controversy with my State Rep.  Frederick Frazier of the 61st District over the past year.  Frederick is losing by 7-8 points to Keresa Richardson, with ballots still being counted, this will go to a May runoff.  Frazier was our "Law/Order" candidate elected in '22, a 28 year Dallas PD officer and Special Deputy US Marshal of 16 years, additionally he was head of Dallas PD "Union" and Dallas PD PAC, the hand was always out.  Anyway, he was caught stealing his opponents political signs and posing as a Code Enforcement Officer for the City of Prosper to have his opponents political signs removed.  Frazier pled out in December to multiple misdemeanors and was "Dishonorably Discharged" from the DPD, he was to pay fines of $8,000 and do a year of probation;  read that as he quickly retired before the hammer fell at DPD and he took a sweet-heart plea deal.  Additionally, IIRC, Frazier had voted For the Paxton impeachment and was on the AG's hit list.  Richardson had my vote, and will in May/November.

Was happy to see Shelly Luther win Texas House District 62 just North of me, she was the Beauty Salon owner who defied the Dallas County and State Covid-19 shutdown orders, was jailed for contempt of court and subsequently freed by Order of the Texas Supreme Court.  This was at least her 3rd(?) try for a House/Senate seat, it looks like she won outright by 54% of the vote.  Additionally she had survived a brain aneurism last year.  You gotta like a fighter.

Hking

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:

District Attorney Jesus Garza (who is not even a lawyer - just a far left "social justice" Soros activist)...
View Quote

His bio and the Texas Bar say he is.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

His bio and the Texas Bar say he is.
View Quote

He is technically a lawyer, but from what I had heard he had never actually argued a case in criminal court, let alone been a prosecutor before.  His specialty is something like immigration law or civil rights or something like that.  Bottom line is even with a JD and bar card he's still compltely unqualified to be DA.  Someone should have a solid background as a prosecutor before they ever run for that office.  Not that it matters because he ran on a ticket of only prosecuting police and pretty much letting everything else go or pleaing out to nothing.  He's kept his promises to do nothing.  He hasn't even been (thankfully) very successful at prosecuting Police.  About his only big "win" was railroading that Uber driver.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Hking42:
Lots of controversy with my State Rep.  Frederick Frazier of the 61st District over the past year.  Frederick is losing by 7-8 points to Keresa Richardson, with ballots still being counted, this will go to a May runoff.  Frazier was our "Law/Order" candidate elected in '22, a 28 year Dallas PD officer and Special Deputy US Marshal of 16 years, additionally he was head of Dallas PD "Union" and Dallas PD PAC, the hand was always out.  Anyway, he was caught stealing his opponents political signs and posing as a Code Enforcement Officer for the City of Prosper to have his opponents political signs removed.  Frazier pled out in December to multiple misdemeanors and was "Dishonorably Discharged" from the DPD, he was to pay fines of $8,000 and do a year of probation;  read that as he quickly retired before the hammer fell at DPD and he took a sweet-heart plea deal.  Additionally, IIRC, Frazier had voted For the Paxton impeachment and was on the AG's hit list.  Richardson had my vote, and will in May/November.

View Quote

Do the police unions still endorse this crook?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#19]
That's an astute question!

www.frazierfortexas.com/endorsements

Hking
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Hking
View Quote

Wow...  that looks like all of them.  Makes you wonder what is going on if the "Police" are supporting someone who is apparently a CROOK!

"Police" in quotes because of course the management and unions don't necessarily always speak accurately for the rank and file.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Wow...  that looks like all of them.  Makes you wonder what is going on if the "Police" are supporting someone who is apparently a CROOK!

"Police" in quotes because of course the management and unions don't necessarily always speak accurately for the rank and file.
View Quote

Yes but he is a crook so are those the 2020 endorsements or did the unions re-endorse this crook for 2024?

And he is also anti-gun.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

Yes but he is a crook so are those the 2020 endorsements or did the unions re-endorse this crook for 2024?

And he is also anti-gun.
View Quote

He falsely claimed NRA endorsement in 2022.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

He falsely claimed NRA endorsement in 2022.
View Quote

Wow he is a real piece of work...

But I am sure he never lied on the witness stand.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Hking

Well it looks to me like the Dems/Libs and their "intersectionality" scam;  public sector employees, badges, unions under another name, PAC's, swampy politicos and BIG MONEY.  That smile on Abbot's face just screams, "Scratch my back and I'll butter your bread!"

Hking
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Hking
View Quote

On the other side of the spectrum how about Shelley Luther in District 62 and 13 listed her endorsements.

www.luther4texas.com/endorsements/

Any overlap between those two campaigns and their endorsements?  

We're hopefully all gun folks hereabouts, which candidate would you believe stands for the 2nd Amendment?

Hking
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#26]

He is technically a lawyer, but from what I had heard he had never actually argued a case in criminal court, let alone been a prosecutor before.  His specialty is something like immigration law or civil rights or something like that.  Bottom line is even with a JD and bar card he's still compltely unqualified to be DA.  Someone should have a solid background as a prosecutor before they ever run for that office.  Not that it matters because he ran on a ticket of only prosecuting police and pretty much letting everything else go or pleaing out to nothing.  He's kept his promises to do nothing.  He hasn't even been (thankfully) very successful at prosecuting Police.  About his only big "win" was railroading that Uber driver.
View Quote

Sgt. Daniel Perry.   Austin Police Investigated & cleared it as a good shoot.   D.A. Garza couldn't let it go that a Commie with an AK at a BLM rally was shot for pointing it at a Uber driver who took a wrong turn.    DA Garza went to MULTIPLE Grand Juries to try to get an indictment and eventually excluded as a witness (with exculpatory evidence) the Austin Police Department Detective in his zeal to get a Murder indictment on Sgt. Perry.

Governor Abbott has pledged to "Pardon" Sgt. Perry now languishing in prison, but in Texas the Governor can only approve what the Texas Board of Pardons & Parole has recommended and that hearing with Pardons & Parole is very unlikely to happen anytime this decade.

Bigger_Hammer  

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#27]

https://i.imgur.com/ylnpjCM.jpeg

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Meh... didn't come here for the politics. Nice S&W. I considered the 9C for a long time, but with the extended cap shields, I don't know why I would. I have the 5" version if I want a big one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Sgt. Daniel Perry.   Austin Police Investigated & cleared it as a good shoot.   D.A. Garza couldn't let it go that a Commie with an AK at a BLM rally was shot for pointing it at a Uber driver who took a wrong turn.    DA Garza went to MULTIPLE Grand Juries to try to get an indictment and eventually excluded as a witness (with exculpatory evidence) the Austin Police Department Detective in his zeal to get a Murder indictment on Sgt. Perry.

Governor Abbott has pledged to "Pardon" Sgt. Perry now languishing in prison, but in Texas the Governor can only approve what the Texas Board of Pardons & Parole has recommended and that hearing with Pardons & Parole is very unlikely to happen anytime this decade.

Bigger_Hammer  

View Quote

This is the kind of BS that made me do what I did to try to get rid of Garza.  Sadly, it didn't work.  The pinko contingent in Travco re-nominated him and as I've said before, the primary was the election as with 80+% pinktards in Travco Garza will easily be re-elected and he'll probably double down on his assholiness now.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:39:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By joemama74:

Meh... didn't come here for the politics. Nice S&W. I considered the 9C for a long time, but with the extended cap shields, I don't know why I would. I have the 5" version if I want a big one.
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/ylnpjCM.jpeg

Bigger_Hammer

I got the 9C  L-o-n-g before the Shield Plus was around.

I'm invested in magazines, holsters, sights & "stuff" but if I were doing it "fresh" I'd go with the Shield Plus.  Amazing how a little bit less is so much more comfortable & easy to carry.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#30]

I'm invested in magazines, holsters, sights & "stuff" but if I were doing it "fresh" I'd go with the Shield Plus.  Amazing how a little bit less is so much more comfortable & easy to carry.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Yes, the 5" is a pure joy to shoot, not so good for carry. If I get something going on at work at night that requires my attention, I'll carry the 5" in an OWB holster, just doesn't sit right, even in a full size 3/4 ton truck.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#31]

Yes, the 5" is a pure joy to shoot, not so good for carry. If I get something going on at work at night that requires my attention, I'll carry the 5" in an OWB holster, just doesn't sit right, even in a full size 3/4 ton truck.
View All Quotes

Bigger_Hammer

4.25" M&P in Fo'Tee is my bump around the ranch pistol - OWB in Kydex to accommodate light as I'm not too worried about "concealment".  

Police Trade it for under $200 O.T.D..  Added Fresh Night Sights, dropped on a spare TLR-1 I had laying around and the E.E. provided an inexpensive "Pre-loved Kydex holster that accommodated the combo.  I think I have a whopping $300 in total on the whole package.

Killed BIG South Texas Hog with 1 round of 180 HST at 37 paced yards at night (TLR-1 Light to identify target as Piggie to be Poked + Trujicons to line up the sights).

I catch a lot of flak on ARFCOM for still carrying shooting that old M&P Fo'Tee - but then again even for an old guy I do have large strong manly wrists & hands...

Bigger_Hammer

@joemama74
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#32]
DA Garza submitted the case to the Travis County Grand Jury, as he should have in a hot-button and very public case.  Perry had the option to meet with the GJ and answer questions, he declined.  The DA has absolutely NO reason to submit exculpatory evidence to a GJ, that's not the law in the State of Texas, that's not what the GJ is empaneled to do.  BUT going "above and beyond" the DA did allow a reviewed dossier of exculpatory evidence, or what we can only guess was EE because the proceedings are sealed, submitted by Perry's attorney to be reviewed by the GJ.  The GJ promptly indicted Perry on several charges, some of the charges were later dropped if memory serves, not just a single charge of murder...  Folks, that a flashing red light.  Stop, hit an off ramp and cut a deal.

A DA investigator said he was pressured to change his Perry findings, Judge Brown found that was NOT the case and that there was nothing out of the ordinary in submissions to the GJ by the DA.  HOWEVER, the Judge went "above and beyond" and unsealed the GJ proceedings to the defense, the defense basically had at the very least THE game-plan, including pivotal witness statements, of the prosecution case before that trial began.  That's another flashing red light, IMO, the Judge is basically saying to the defense "you've got big problems" seek an off ramp, cut a deal.  The trial proceeded.  And Perry COULD NOT GET a single not guilty vote on the murder charge before a Travis county jury of 12.  On at least 1 other charge, again if memory serves, he was found not guilty.

Perry's issue was with the facts and with the residents of Travis county who made up those Juries.  The Democrat DA did not screw Perry, the Democrat Judge did not screw Perry.  I said at the time, IIRC on this very forum, Perry's money should be spent on a top-notch jury consultant.  Gov.  Abbott knew or should have known his limitations before the law, he spoke out anyway and then quickly shut-up. It's nearing a year(?) later with Perry incarcerated and the review, we can only assume, is ongoing.

Hking

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#33]

4.25" M&P in Fo'Tee is my bump around the ranch pistol - OWB in Kydex to accommodate light as I'm not too worried about "concealment".  

Bigger_Hammer

@joemama74
View Quote

$200 hog hammer, I could probably hide my shame too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top