Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2020 10:20:38 PM EDT
That's a Monday.  See the main thread here for current information.  

We're not out of the woods yet, but our brothers and sisters up north will need some numbers to bolster their cause.  I don't think they have as direct a threat as we did this legislative session, but don't think PA isn't under the same risk that we are.

@JustinHEMI04 to comment on what specific out of state support might be needed.
Update:  
We're now getting close to a week out.  I've talked privately with multiple people who've planned on going.  Let's start to lock down logistics.

Driving up morning of is realistic from the DC metro area.  It's a nominal 2 hour drive and I wouldn't expect much traffic that early in the day.  

There are still plenty of affordable hotels in the area (thanks COVID) if you want to go up on Sunday.  Chime in here if you need a ride, need a room, need assistance, or hit me up on IM and we can match up resources.  Parking around the State Capitol will be limited, so check in JustinHEMI04's main thread for the latest info on that front.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Good stuff man.

I'm in for that.  They stepped up for us, we've got to have their back as well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Wife and I already have it on our calendar.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That's a Monday.  See the main thread here for current information.

We're not out of the woods yet, but our brothers and sisters up north will need some numbers to bolster their cause.  I don't think they have as direct a threat as we did this legislative session, but don't think PA isn't under the same risk that we are.

@JustinHEMI04 to comment on what specific out of state support might be needed.
View Quote
In to keep tabs on this. We have to turn out the support.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Details or a link to details on June 8 in PA?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I will be there.... A bit busy this week, but I will post in that thread sson, hoping for
close lodging & parking if someone has a couch to spare.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Details or a link to details on June 8 in PA?
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-Pennsylvania-annual-2A-rally-in-Harrisburg-Monday-June-8th-2020-/5-2290087/

It's outside this year so we just need bodies. Come how you please. Disarmed, armed, full kit, whatever. Just need bodies as usual to make a presence known.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-Pennsylvania-annual-2A-rally-in-Harrisburg-Monday-June-8th-2020-/5-2290087/

It's outside this year so we just need bodies. Come how you please. Disarmed, armed, full kit, whatever. Just need bodies as usual to make a presence known.
View Quote
There's good info in the main thread on carry laws, and I suggest everyone who wants to attend get conversant on them and start their out of state LTC process early.

Also for those planning early, there are some hotels around the state capitol area that trend more expensive.  Unlike Richmond, I don't think there's enough reasonable lodging within walking distance, but there's plenty within 15-20 minutes drive.  Look at the cluster of hotels around Rt 83 and the PA turnpike on the West Shore, the cluster off Rt 81 at Progress Avenue on the East Shore, or the cluster off 283 and 83 on the East Shore.  All three are about equal distant and there are major hotel brands at each location.  As we get closer, we can organize the carpooling in from the hotels along with the parking situation.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There's good info in the main thread on carry laws, and I suggest everyone who wants to attend get conversant on them and start their out of state LTC process early.

Also for those planning early, there are some hotels around the state capitol area that trend more expensive.  Unlike Richmond, I don't think there's enough reasonable lodging within walking distance, but there's plenty within 15-20 minutes drive.  Look at the cluster of hotels around Rt 83 and the PA turnpike on the West Shore, the cluster off Rt 81 at Progress Avenue on the East Shore, or the cluster off 283 and 83 on the East Shore.  All three are about equal distant and there are major hotel brands at each location.  As we get closer, we can organize the carpooling in from the hotels along with the parking situation.
View Quote
Yes excellent points. My group, if not local, stays in that area and gets together at Cracker Barrel for breakfast before heading down for the rally.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:24:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Them at ours:

Attachment Attached File

Let’s go
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump as we're now three weeks out.

My initial plans were to go up the week before and work out of my parental unit's home while doing what I could to help locally.  That's changed somewhat with the virus, as they are both at risk.  I'm now looking to get a hotel room on the West Shore, and drive in for the rally.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#14]
If we stay on the same work rotation as we are now I will be there. But it is subject to change, and if I have to work I won't be able to take leave. I'm really hoping to be there. I met some of my PA brothers in Richmond. They stood with us in our time of need, and we need to return the favor.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Red Five...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Bump.  

I have a hotel room booked in Camp Hill (just on the other side of the river), and plan to leave Falls Church VA after the NBB event on Saturday, return back after the rally on Monday.  

Room in the truck to ferry someone up, and an extra bed if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm working with my guys to figure out where our table will be for handing out patches and shirts. I'll also have yinzer flags for sale.

I'm saving a reserve of patches to send to people after the rally that were there but didn't get to me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Bump
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Re-Bump. We're discussing logistics in the main thread for those coming in from MD and VA.  Please chime in with a head count if you're planning on attending.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Heads up the rally may be canceled.  Please monitor in the main thread.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Official.  Harrisburg PA rally is off.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Roger. Out.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Well fuck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top