Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2022 3:19:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf]
I heard some reasonably knowledgable person on Matt Allens radio program (630 AM radio, Noon to 3 PM, M-F) say that if every member of the RI "Sportsman's" clubs gave $100 each, the single receiving agent would have 7 Million dollars with which to "influence" the State Legislature. Mind you, NOT all RI gunowners, just "Sportsman's Club Members". I don't think that anythng like this has happened before.

With that kind of money available, and "properly distributed", Every Single State legislator and General Officer could be "influenced" with money, and with money left over for a very aggressive public relations campaign.   Not to mention that Primary campaigns against the die-hard Antis could be well-funded.

Our Anti-gun opponents are making use of this, what with out-of-State contributions from Anti-gun orgs.

A little bit of very important history:

Back in 1994, RI had a State AWB proposed, FAR more Draconian than the proposed (and enacted) Fed Ban. RI Ban was Never enacted, even in many subsequent years.  

The reason for this was that Donn Dibiasio (RIP), and Cynthia Julien were both NRA Board members, and managed to secure enough funds to "influence" State Legislators and General Officers.  Lawyer Perry Wheeler (RIP) was also an Invaluable member of the Team that protected our rights.

I knew them all well, and I mourn their passing for many reasons.

Times have changed, and such 2A Stalwarts are greatly missed.  NOT necessarily saying anything against our Pro-2A people/organizational Reps in the State House, but without some MONEY to distribute, they are reduced to BEGGING.

That has not worked out well.

IMHO, time to fight back, and sheer MONEY, placed in trustworthy hands, is the means to do it.

High time we begin to put our money where our mouths are. "Money is the "Mother's Milk" of Politics".

Save your pennies.  Time tp Pay UP.

Together we are strong, divided we fall.

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The money I would have spent on a new rifle this year, will be donated to a the correct cause at this point, whether that be a lawsuit, or the correct canadite. What they pulled the other night is utter bullshit, and you are right raf, at this point in the game the assholes need to be out spent in order to get anything done.

With Bloomberg donating 9,999 dollar checks weekly to our enemies…we have a ways to go. But we need to be on it. I would rather donte rifle money, than not have the right to own it in the future.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:02:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#2]
Agree!

Let's put it another way.

A cigarette smoker buying an $8 pack of cigs per day, spends $320 per month on cigs.

Quiting smoking (an obvious personal, but difficult PLUS) or at least reducing smoking, allows any former smoker/gun owner to help themselves, and the save money while still helping the gun-owning community.

Now, that's an extreme measure for some folks.  I get it.

NOT trying to dictate how gunowners spend their money, merely making suggestions.

I reckon that many gun owners can "trim" down their current expenses without unduly impacting their personal lifestyle, and allow some "excess" money to be donated to a Good Cause.

I "get it" that some gunowners may not be able to afford donating to to some orgs for whatever reason.  I "get it" that some gun owners will decline to contribute to the "cause" on account of disagreements with specific Orgs.

Suggest that donating a reasonable amount of $ to any "like-minded" Org is far better than doing nothing whatsoever.

Your Anti RKBA opponents prefer us to be diveded and confused.

Better to make a donation to one, decent, ProRKBA org, and if they fail, then find another that better suits you.

Donate to the "better" one. Or not, as you see fit.

In the meantime Anti-gun orgs will be funneling $$$ into Candidates that oppose your views.

I expect that the vast majority of gunowners are able--amd willing-- to donate to "trustworthy" RKBA orgs, as long as they have been alerted to the need to do so, and have confidence that their donations are well-spent.

Just suggesting general guidlines, nothing more.  

I've been fighting anti-gun legislation in RI since 1994; Many people (mentioned above) did FAR more than I did; I was a simple soldier back then.  

Suggest we all "Wise-Up" and  get Poitically and MONITARILY engaged.

More on that "meaningful" and "trustworthy" donation as things develop.

Money Talks; BS Walks.

Time to save your pennies, and make meaningful political donations.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top