Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2023 9:20:23 PM EDT
I might still have the guy I went to last time business card but I’ll have to do some digging to find it.  Mine expires in July so I assume I should get started on this soon?

Anybody got any recommendations for instructors?  I’ve had a CCW here in NV for over 20 years now is there any way I can just go to a short renewal class or do I have to waste a whole Saturday on this?
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By JimJones:
I might still have the guy I went to last time business card but I’ll have to do some digging to find it.  Mine expires in July so I assume I should get started on this soon?

Anybody got any recommendations for instructors?  I’ve had a CCW here in NV for over 20 years now is there any way I can just go to a short renewal class or do I have to waste a whole Saturday on this?
View Quote

NN or SN?
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Vegas
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 9:02:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cacafuego] [#3]
https://lasvegasfirearmstraining.com/

I renewed in mid-Nov, got the new card first week of Feb
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:38:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1337-G] [#4]
never mind, I made a mistake
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Good review on the Las Vegas Gun Store. It is on the Nevada Shooters site. Let's just say it is a check the box and not very informative. With the USCCA spiel, it may be worth it to pay more to avoid it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I've renewed at several places over the years. The gun store, American shooter supply, Discount Firearms. Honestly, there isn't much difference between any of the local gun store classes.

The clown at Discount Firearms caught me rolling my eyes during one of his commando stories and tried to make an example out of me in front of the rest of the class. He had a demonstration and gave me a plastic practice simulation gun w a laser on it, told me to aim at the target on the wall and pull the trigger, thinking I was going to jerk the trigger like a newbie. I kept that laser dead center as I pressed the trigger. He seemed disappointed and I chuckled at him as I handed it back to him. That really pissed him off LOL.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:20:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JimJones] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cacafuego:
https://lasvegasfirearmstraining.com/

I renewed in mid-Nov, got the new card first week of Feb
View Quote

I went with these guys and it was great 4 hours and I was done.  Going this weekend to get fingerprints and mug shots.

The thought of asking the man for permission to exercise my rights still kind of irks me but I guess its easier than dealing with the JBT's if they catch me carrying without my permission slip
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#8]
CCW Renewal Tip:  Find the nicest venue with a comfy classroom and air conditioning nearest you that has an indoor range and a suitable schedule. Like a Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops or Scheels.

I once went through a completely miserable renewal experience in a stuffy classroom at a derelict gun store with cheap shit wobbly folding chairs listening to Rex Kwon Do the bearded tactical Mankiller moron who had fired his first gun only five years previous in the Navy.  Then for the shooting qual portion then we had to clamber into our cars to drive way TF out in the desert to shoot the required fifty rounds on a hot windy day that left us covered in playa dust.  

Just completely tune out whatever they're saying.  They're all dopes.  The NV CCW renewal criteria is less important than one of those awful "Pizza-N-Comedy-4U" outfits that actually teach you something useful while you're striving to get a point taken off your drivers license.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top