Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2022 1:14:42 PM EDT
Filing a hell of a lot of bills to roll back what the Dems did in 2020-2021

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?221+sum+HB26  Premption
https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?221+sum+HB14  One gun a month
https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?221+sum+HB10  CHP fees
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
He is working with Chase on the Senate side to file similar bills as her.  I expect them to possibly pass in the house so the R's can posture since they know there is no way they are getting through the Senate.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
At least this guy is trying, posturing or not.

Beats giving up and doing nothing.  

ETA - I understand it's difficult to be optimistic given
          the way this state has eroded the past decade.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At least this guy is trying, posturing or not.

Beats giving up and doing nothing.  
View Quote

Reread what I wrote.  Nowhere did I say he was posturing or anything detractory towards him.  It is the R in general in the house who will posture.  I guess you just forgot all about Kirk Cox when He ran the show huh?
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Did re-read it.  Not picking a fight.  Submitted my edit too late.

Do I think his bills will go anywhere in a legislative body so evenly
divided?  No I don't, but at least one delegate is willing to say something,
unlike a lot of milquetoast Republicans.

@ridinshotgun

ETA -  My apology... I misunderstood your post thinking that
you meant Del. Anderson insincerely submitted bills in order
to pay lip service to his constituents like so many others in his
party.   My mistake, no offense meant.  I'm just glad to hear
at least somebody is acting rather just talking.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He is working with Chase on the Senate side to file similar bills as her.  I expect them to possibly pass in the house so the R's can posture since they know there is no way they are getting through the Senate.
View Quote

Freitas touches on that in a few of his podcasts. Pass good bills out of the HoDs even though they will likely die in the Senate, that way people will see that things are getting done.

I think Anderson means business. I wish I was in his district, I’m close but not close enough.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Freitas touches on that in a few of his podcasts. Pass good bills out of the HoDs even though they will likely die in the Senate, that way people will see that things are getting done.

I think Anderson means business. I wish I was in his district, I’m close but not close enough.
View Quote

Yeah after he took on Lucas and exposed her for the POS we all knew her to be I slipped him a few dollars for his campaign.

It will be interesting to see what shakes out as far as voting records with the delegates that are double and tripled in the new house districts and them wanting to stake their claims to support a run. Redistributing threw a big old wrench into all the incumbent’s workings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top