Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2018 4:56:48 PM EDT
Threat last night at our local high school and now another threat today at the high school pep rally for tonight. They have not cancelled it and I hope something does not happen. Hopefully this is not the new norm.  My kids go to the elementary school across the street.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Out of curiosity, where are you located?
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#2]
In mason city
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:33:08 AM EDT
[#3]
There was a threat last Friday, I believe it was. School was cancelled b/c they could not verify the credibility. The school and police said if it was determined to be a hoax that they would bring charges where posssible. If they can find the individual(s) involved they need charges with domestic terrorism whether a prank or not.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 7:49:42 AM EDT
[#4]
And now I guess the police are refusing to turn over info to the city.  Was in the paper this morning.  And I believe the pep rally was yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Going to be the new norm. Kids are crafty bastards and many would chop off their own hand to miss a few hours.

If they've figured out they can call in a threat and have the whole school district cancel classes/events and get away with it... new norm. We have several bomb threats when I was in HS during standardized testing, etc. Filed us out, FD would come in, look around... back to the test.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 many would chop off their own hand to miss a few hours.
View Quote
Kid I went to high school with put his hand through a window to cut it-trip for stitches was easier then the book report he didn't get done. Dumbass.

They've learned that a threat doesn't cause pain-but don't realize they're going to get caught.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top