Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2020 11:34:26 PM EDT
What optics did you put on your rifle? Red Dot? LPVO? What mounts?

I understand that because it has a traditional stock, sights have to be quite low to get a proper cheek weld.

For an LPVO I saw This from Natchez

For a red dot, perhaps something from Primary Arms, around $100?

Any and all help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:24:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I was lucky enough to get a Monte Carlo stock with my lower, yet I still had to put a beartooth neoprene adjustable cheek pc thingy on it to be able to have good eye alignment with my NV scopes.
I don't know if the trigger upgrade is still available, but that was one big improvement worth getting.

SJC
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Not to hijack, but wtf is seems like they aren’t making them anymore?

It was the perfect ban state rifle

And yes, a micro red dot is perfect or a 1-4x with low rings, you have the idea.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#3]
They started making them again, with all kinds of fancy stocks, handguards, etc. Lowers are now $650 or so.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I use an aimpoint comp m4 on mine.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What optics did you put on your rifle? Red Dot? LPVO? What mounts?.
View Quote
Did you already look in this thread for ideas on what folks have done?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/FightLite-ARES-SCR-Pics/118-672281/?page=1
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They started making them again, with all kinds of fancy stocks, handguards, etc. Lowers are now $650 or so.
View Quote
know of anyone stocking them upstate?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#8]
You could get them directly from manufacturer:

https://fightlite.com
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you have any issues with cheek weld with that mount? There was a similar deal on this scope a couple of days back.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a primary arms 2.5x prism scope on mine. Also with a cheek riser to line it up right, however I'm having issues with my rifle now. I added the bolt catch to it, now every 2 or 3 rounds the bolt holds open, despite the mag being full.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:22:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Planning on getting the wooden stock lower direct from fightlite but would rather have a monte carlo stock to reduce weight.  If there is any one interested in a trade I will order it with one of the 4 choices and swap out the wooden for the plastic one.
IM me if any one is interested
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I've wanted one since they introduced them, I actually prefer a traditional stock over a pistol grip and a riser under the sight.

Too rich or my blood though, they are now like $1200.

I love low mounted optics, especially with a scout configuration and a longer eye relief if the gun allows for it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I use a primary arms 3x32 prismatic scope on mineAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have a primary arms 2.5x prism scope on mine. Also with a cheek riser to line it up right, however I'm having issues with my rifle now. I added the bolt catch to it, now every 2 or 3 rounds the bolt holds open, despite the mag being full.
View Quote
This is the same sight I'm thinking of using.  What cheek riser /pad are you using?  Have you tried using other brands of mags?  Magpul and Lancer are my go to....never an issue in almost 3 years.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I think the cheek riser is a bear creek or something. I got it for like 20 bucks off amazon, it was supposed to be a test to see if I liked it enough to order a bradley cheek rest, but can't justify spending over 100 bucks on an upgrade to a gun that gives me trouble. I've tried a bunch of mags. I have some steel 10 rounds, magpul 10 rounds, mapgul 30 pinned to 10, and some hexmags pinned to 10. Same issue happens on every one. I could just take out the bolt catch, put the piece that came with it back in, get an ambi charging handle and treat it like an AK on reloads. Really considering selling it to get funds to finish a build with a thordsen stock.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think the cheek riser is a bear creek or something. I got it for like 20 bucks off amazon, it was supposed to be a test to see if I liked it enough to order a bradley cheek rest, but can't justify spending over 100 bucks on an upgrade to a gun that gives me trouble. I've tried a bunch of mags. I have some steel 10 rounds, magpul 10 rounds, mapgul 30 pinned to 10, and some hexmags pinned to 10. Same issue happens on every one. I could just take out the bolt catch, put the piece that came with it back in, get an ambi charging handle and treat it like an AK on reloads. Really considering selling it to get funds to finish a build with a thordsen stock.
View Quote
Had something nagging in the back of my mind after I posted. After digging around I found a Blackhawk cheek pad I ordered quite a while back and then  stashed it for another project that never came to be.  Anyway I put it on the SCR and now the PA Prism works perfect!!  I did find out from Primary Arms that  the prism will take acog/vcog qd bases (was going to  get a lower base  but it's around $90.00 that I don't have to spare right now).

Thanks for the info anyway!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I still want to get an SCR, just the lower though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Are they selling any lowers with a plain polymer stock? Not a fan of the wood furniture on an AR.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6X
Geissele SPM "National Match" (Short)
Bradley Adjustable Cheek Rest

Great setup.  The National Match is the shortest of Geissele's Super Precision Mounts at 1.35" height over bore (centerline to centerline), which is still too tall for an SCR without the Bradley.  

On my other SCR, I have a Bushnell TAC-30 1-4x in a set of low rings (Vortex Hunter, if I remember correctly) that are something like 0.875" height over bore.  That works great, but it only clears because the objective bell actually extends behind the back end of the pic rail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top