Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2018 11:41:31 AM EDT
Work in NYC, cannot move too far away due to sick parent etc. Ate CT's laws any better than NY's?
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
no they both are bad
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, you can (could) get Suppressors, SBR, MG's etc....
Carry permit does not list every pistol like NY...
I think prebans are legal to possess, buy sell, etc.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Work in NYC, cannot move too far away due to sick parent etc. Ate CT's laws any better than NY's?
View Quote
Do you take mass transit into the City?  If driving PA would be a much better State!
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I take Metro North into the city. Driving 2 hrs from PA does not entice me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#7]
East of Brewster (Danbury, New Fairfield) and take Harlem line to city little over an hour.

You may find something that was storm damaged
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think prebans are legal to possess, buy sell, etc.
View Quote
I think that's only if you owned them before and registered them.  I highly doubt you can move them into the state now.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Expensive.  They tax you annually on the value of your vehicle.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I think they're considerably worse for ARs, AKs etc.

No featureless, maybe no fixed mag.
Very expensive pre-bans only?

Too lazy to look it up again.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes personal property tax but it does go down as your vehicle gets older.

Gun laws in Connecticut are not that much better than New York.  Their version of the SAFE Act post Sandy Hook took care of that.  In fact, CT had an AWB before the Federal ban in 1994 and New York's in 2000.  I had considered moving to Connecticut in the early 1990's, as I worked in Westchester, but their AWB convinced me not to.  I was not giving up my Connecticut manufactured Colt just to live there.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 12:53:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think CT carry permits are shall issue?
View Quote
Connecticut Permits to Carry are not shall issue. An individual can be denied a permit based on suitability, which is something that the issuing authority has discretion over. There is an administrative appeal board for individuals who wish to appeal a denial (or revocation). The issuing authority has the burden to prove that the appellant is unsuitable.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 12:57:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Property taxes are the main source of revenue for CT towns, which is a big part of the reason why larger cities are in such a state of financial distress (lower value grand lists because of high proportions of government and non-profit properties). The state currently caps the mill rate for vehicles.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Big difference firearms wise is that you can easily own most all Title II firearms in CT (ie, full auto, suppressor, SBS) and not in NY.   The tricky part is the "hi-cap" mag registration that happened; as a 10rd mag does not last long in full auto.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top