Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2020 11:37:10 PM EDT
I hope that we took notes from Virginia.

I know some of you guys made it.

Feel like we have the same hanging over our heads, like the sword of Damocles.

Is there work to be done? Not talking about IGOLD, unless they time it to be that way.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I hope that we took notes from Virginia.

I know some of you guys made it.

Feel like we have the same hanging over our heads, like the sword of Damocles.

Is there work to be done? Not talking about IGOLD, unless they time it to be that way.
View Quote
A lot of those VA bills sure seem familiar, don't they?

IGOLD is April 1st this year so there's a couple of months left for preparations for that.

ILGA returns Jan 28th with Harmon as the Senate president and of course we still have Madigan in the house.

With the 2019 bills being relegated to committee/assignments, new bills for 2020 are starting to be filed.  We will need to be diligent on witness slips and contacting representatives and senators as things get busy.

so far we've seen these:

HB4019 Mike Murphy CONCEAL CARRY-WAIVER-MARKSMAN 01/08/2020

HB4067 John M. Cabello FIREARM OWNERS ID ACT-REPEAL 01/13/2020

HB4108 Charles Meier FIREARM OWNERS ID-18 YEARS 01/16/2020

HB4110 Charles Meier FIREARMS-JUDICIAL&PROSECUTORS 01/16/2020

HB4113 Charles Meier FIREARMS-NON RESIDENT MILITARY 01/16/2020

HB4115 Charles Meier FIREARM DEALERS-FEE AMOUNTS 01/16/2020

HB4116 Charles Meier FIREARM DEALER-REPEAL 01/16/2020

HB4126 Joe Sosnowski CONCEAL CARRY-FEES-VET&RET LAW 01/16/2020

HB4234 Maurice A. West, II USE/OCC TAX-AMMUNITION 01/23/2020

SB2468 Ann Gillespie REVENUE-FIREARMS DEALERS 01/19/2020

There are some hearings from lawsuits over the next couple of months but all we can do are observe those.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Pop into the Battle Buddy thread we got going.  We need to start meeting up with like minded folks local to us....that is the only way we will get organized.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pop into the Battle Buddy thread we got going.  We need to start meeting up with like minded folks local to us....that is the only way we will get organized.....
View Quote
This.  I was in Virginia for lobby day with the ARFCOM/VBB Silent Brigade.  It was one of the coolest things that I've ever been involved with.  I was blown away with the organization that Virginia Battle Buddies have and I returned home to IL with the mission to help get something similar started.  Gladly, I'm not the only one feeling that way.  I think American gun owners have the initiative right now and we need to make sure that we don't lose that momentum.  IGOLD is still a ways out.  Let's see what we can get done by then.  Let's get together and do some hiking.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Battle buddies ???
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Battle buddies ???
View Quote
You bet
It’s kind of a silly name but it is a military thing (specifically Army, I believe).  I think it’s a good name for the group.  Taking yourself too seriously is lame.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Battle buddies ???
View Quote
Yep, you interested?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m not a veteran, but have had my foid 47 years.
Support four gun advocacy group, two as a lifer.
There isn’t a pol that has represented me that doesn’t know what I think about gun rights.
If you’re into MMA or hiking/biking a100 miles a day I’m too old and broken down to compete. I’m in the Barrington area.

What’s your MO?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#8]
If by MO you mean what are we doing and how are we doing it, right now, it's just some guys getting together to hike and share some camaraderie.  As RadBaron indicated, it's based off of the Battle Buddy groups that have grown out of what's been going on in Va.   What the actual organization will be and what it will all entail is still being worked out, so right now, we're just some guys getting together to get in better physical shape and learn some skills (amateur radio, medical training, etc).

Theres a big thread in GD about it located here...https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/American-Battle-Buddies-American-Pioneer-Corps-Guidelines/5-2291145/?page=1

While a lot of it centers around going out and hiking right now, what it will eventually be is still being worked out (as you'll see if you read through the thread).

I too am old and starting to be broken down so I certainly understand that, and this isn't a competition, like I said, just way to get into a little better shape. If you read through the thread in GD they list some levels of physical attainment, but those are not required and neither is former mil service.

Let's say it's the start of something and we're going to see where it goes.  It's also a way to get to know some of the folks on the forum that we might otherwise never meet, so it serves multiple purposes.

If you don't feel up to hiking then maybe we could grab a coffee or something.  We very well may go shoot after a hike as we move forward....do you ever go shooting?  would you be interested in doing that?

The other guys can pipe in if they want to.

Hope that answers your question.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:28:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I am a NRA RSO, active, at St Charles Sportsman’s Club. Also basic pistol instructor, inactive. Moved year and a half ago. Mchenry to Lake County and have not  shot much, just doing my RSO duties.. Finally setting up my reloading room now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top