Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2024 1:28:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator]
A bullshit byline if there ever was one:

https://wach.com/news/local/gun-sales-expected-to-increase-training-expected-to-decrease-after-loose-gun-law-passes-constitutional-carry-champion-defense-llc-governor-henry-mcmaster-general-assembly-house-senate-state-house#

Shooters Choice had had a longstanding policy that they will not speak with the media. Perhaps Champion Defense should take note of that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:00:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#1]
The media has been on a tear about how terrible this was going to be, seems they haven't stopped.  Jay Harris can end up sucking off truck drivers for $20 at the 20/378 intersection for all I care.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#2]
The media. Our friend.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
A bullshit byline if there ever was one:

https://wach.com/news/local/gun-sales-expected-to-increase-training-expected-to-decrease-after-loose-gun-law-passes-constitutional-carry-champion-defense-llc-governor-henry-mcmaster-general-assembly-house-senate-state-house#

Shooters Choice had had a longstanding policy that they will not speak with the media. Perhaps Champion Defense should take note of that.
View Quote

I dont get the stupidity of the gun shop. Sales will rise because the legal age is 18? Uh the legal age has been 18 forever except for handguns which they still cant sell to 18 year olds.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:06:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MitchbSC] [#5]
Oh great.

Champion Defense has again shown itself to be anti-gun, for-profit training bigots.  They run what was the Panteao Range in Swansea.  Mid-Carolina Rifle Club in Gaston is floating the idea of winding down operations because, after years of less than stellar behaviors toward the membership, no one wants to fill any of the officer or shooting discipline lead roles.

I'm going to be fresh out of places to shoot outdoors in the Columbia area.

edit because I can't html
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d16man:

Champion solely makes money from CWP classes.  Without that requirement he's up shit creek.
View Quote

aka "CWP for profit mafia"
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:49:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#8]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#9]
It wouldn't be a constitional carry article without Leon Lott running hit mouth.
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2024/03/08/here-we-go-sc-sheriff-says-he-fears-constitutional-carry-will-turn-state-into-wild-wild-west-n1224128
View Quote

Shocked, shocked I tell you.  Well not really, totally expected.  He's a politician in a democrat county .
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:

Shocked, shocked I tell you.  Well not really, totally expected.  He's a politician in a democrat county .
View Quote

Leon Lott has been a thorn in the side of CWP holders since the law was passed in '97.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MitchbSC:
Oh great.

Champion Defense has again shown itself to be anti-gun, for-profit training bigots.  They run what was the Panteao Range in Swansea.  Mid-Carolina Rifle Club in Gaston is floating the idea of winding down operations because, after years of less than stellar behaviors toward the membership, no one wants to fill any of the officer or shooting discipline lead roles.

View Quote

Not to be argumentative because I'm probably not fully informed:  I thought Mid-Carolina was struggling financially after their insurance went up.  I had heard from a member that is went up something stupid like 5 to 10 times what it had been, and their income from rentals and dues couldn't cover the cost.  Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 57plymouth:

Not to be argumentative because I'm probably not fully informed:  I thought Mid-Carolina was struggling financially after their insurance went up.  I had heard from a member that is went up something stupid like 5 to 10 times what it had been, and their income from rentals and dues couldn't cover the cost.  Am I wrong?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Oh great.

I'd heard the same, I know some folks in the area want it gone so I'm sure that's not helping.  I could be completely off-base here too.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#13]
According to my reliable source the membership is down 50% from capacity.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#14]
According to my reliable source the membership is down 50% from capacity.
View Quote

Sad to hear, I shot a lot of matches out there when I was living in Lexington Co.  Never could beat Bob Bailey.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:41:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MitchbSC] [#15]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Oh great.

MCRC regular membership with family member access went from $175 to $200 in 2021.  There's now a $25 per family member charge for those family members who have gone through orientation and want range access.  IIRC, the club is getting boned by increases in Lexington County property tax.

Champion nearby is 1.75 to 2 times that for a membership and gate card if their day passes are too much of a hassle.  Champion has been able to markedly improve the range since they acquired it from Panteao.  Their RSOs are generally unobtrusive and step in only when stupid must be prevented.  My concern with them is the owner is frequently in local media doing the for-profit training, reasonable restrictions thing.  Stuff like this is why CWP reshoots at renewal time was proposed as a thing for a while until other states started to prove Constitutional Carry wasn't a problem.

eta for palming the stupid touchpad
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#16]
It wouldn't be a constitional carry article without Leon Lott running hit mouth.
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2024/03/08/here-we-go-sc-sheriff-says-he-fears-constitutional-carry-will-turn-state-into-wild-wild-west-n1224128
View Quote

Fuck him.  Richland County is already like…….

The Wild West would be an improvement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top