Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2021 7:05:04 PM EDT
So I've always thought there's probably life out there somewhere in some form but it was highly improbable that we would see evidence of it any time soon.  

Lately I've been reading a lot and watching a lot of video about the recent declassified interactions by our military with UFO'S/UAP's.  My initial thoughts were drones of some kind but after reading about and seeing their abilities as well as personal accounts of the fighter pilots involved it's become clear to me that these things are not of this world.  

The things these objects are capable of aren't just beyond our current capability but exponentially beyond it.  Flying at speeds so far beyond our capabilities with no wings, rotors, exhaust, heat signatures, disappearing in an instant right in front of people watching them as well as all the other things they've been seen doing.  It's just not even remotely possible that these are from somewhere here on Earth.  Not something I thought I'd ever say as I'm normally a diehard sceptic.

Why are they here? It would seem they've been here watching for several years but we are just now taking it seriously.  Are you worried?  Unless something amazing happens that can somehow explain these crafts to be manmade I think we need to start thinking about what's coming next.  

I never thought I'd ever seriously believe that advanced extraterrestrial life not only exists but is also here and watching us but I can't come up with any other possibilities.  It looks like science fiction just met science fact.  

What do you guys think? If you disagree, what do you think these things are?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
two things.. which are opposite.

its curious that a lot of this stuff is coming from the mil, specifically navy. if the government wanted to make something up, the navy would be the best bet because is out there in the ocean. they can claim to see something that no one else sees because there is no one else out there. im not a conspiracy person so i have no idea why the government would make something so bizarre up.

is there life elsewhere? i dont see how it could not be.

are they here now? maybe. its just as likely  that these things are time machines. if you can accept FTL travel, you can accept time travel. and if ever the the existence of the solar system, some intelligent something, us or something else figures out how to travel in time, they are here now. the dinosaurs lasted for what ? 150 million years? mankind has been around in its present form for less that 3 million years. so if we evolve and last and do so as long as the dinosaurs, or just a tenth of that time, 15 million years, there is no telling what we will discover how to do .
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#2]
It is possible that this is just the latest version of Wag The Dog.  A gov hoax to keep us distracted or to create fear.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is possible that this is just the latest version of Wag The Dog.  A gov hoax to keep us distracted or to create fear.
View Quote

Or...a way to slowly get people used to the idea of visitors, since the .gov has been interacting with them for decades.

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting....

I doubt the government will say that they believe it's extraterrestrial just because too many people will freak out.  They will just keep saying stuff like "we know what they aren't but we don't know what they are".

At some point though, whoever or whatever is operating these things is going to show themselves.  Why would they put so much into all of this?  Stephen Hawking has always said that when they come they will be searching for resources to take and they won't be friendly.  If it's legit their technology is way, way, way more advanced so we likely wouldn't have the ability to stop them.  That would explain why they are shadowing our military.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

...Stephen Hawking has always said that when they come they will be searching for resources to take and they won't be friendly.  If it's legit their technology is way, way, way more advanced so we likely wouldn't have the ability to stop them.  That would explain why they are shadowing our military.
View Quote

Whoa...that's not very comforting.

I have watched a few of the Steven Greer documentaries.

Some of what he says may seem flaky, but the occurrences of sightings at ICBM silos is disturbing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Not very comforting at all.  

I've never seen a UFO that I know of.  I had a friend who told me about an experience he had and even though he was a really serious type of guy who wasn't prone to making up stories I didn't believe what he experienced was aliens.  Now, comparing what he told me and what were seeing now it matches perfectly so I guess I was wrong.  

Kind of makes you wonder now about those times your dog goes nuts at night like it's looking right at something it doesn't like but you can't see anything.  If they are around and if they have the technology they seem to have, maybe they aren't just flying around watching us.

Several years ago I was at home alone sitting in the living room watching TV one night.  From where I was sitting I could see all the way down the front hallway.  All the sudden in the middle of this hallway I saw this super bright white light start from nowhere, then rapidly expand till it lit up everything around it and then just as fast collapsed back into itself and disappeared.  The light ball started about 3 feet off the ground and never moved.  Just rapidly got real big then real small and disappeared.  

At first I sat there just stunned and trying to make sense of it but I couldn't.  Finally I got up and tried to find some reason that made sense for what I had just seen.  There were no windows that light could have come through, no light bulbs to do weird stuff, no electrical outlets, no weird smells, no nothing.  I must have gone through a million things in my head to try and explain it since I've never believed in ghosts or aliens or dimensional rifts or any of that stuff.

At the time my sister was here in Atlanta visiting family so several days later when she got back I told her about it and neither one of us could make sense of it and it was soon forgotten.  I started thinking I had imagined it.  About a year later, about the same time of night we were both sitting in the living room watching TV and it happened again.  This time I didn't say a word because I wasn't sure I hadn't imagined it.  She pauses the TV and says "um...did you just see that?".  I said "did it look like a ball of light get super bright and then collapse down into nothing?" and she said "that's exactly what it looked like, is that what you saw before?".  I said "yup, same thing only the first time it was much more intense".  We looked but couldn't find anything to explain it and we never saw it again.

To this day it's the only thing I've ever seen that I couldn't explain somehow.  Pretty weird.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:15:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Science is pretty amazing and our understanding is moving at a rapid pace (for our species). 15 years ago Pluto was a planet. 20 years ago we didn’t know of other solar systems in our galaxy. Now it’s believed that there are over 5,000 in the Milky Way alone! We’ll probably never be able to solve the Drake equation without closely observing every planet in the Milky Way, but just knowing the shear number of other planets in the Goldilocks zones of distant stars makes it plausible that other life exists. To what extent of that life is intelligent has yet to be solved (likely can’t be, hence the downfall of the Drake equation other than to generate discussion).

It’s certainly an interesting topic that is getting more notice now that it’s appearing on nightly news vs. Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack telling a story of Billy getting probed by the “greys” while on a camping trip in the Ozarks.  

Just the thought of “their” technology is both intriguing and frightening. Their tech could propel our species billions of years in the future, but at the same time, if they are that advanced, we couldn’t stop them if they had hostile intentions.

If they do exist, hopefully they just view us as ants and pass us over like we do most insects...unless they want to tell us how they built the Pyramids or the statues on Easter Island!
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 2:09:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree.  This is something I thought I'd never see in my lifetime.  If it's legit let's hope they are here to help although from what I've read on the subject from our planets brightest minds, it's not likely.  Hawking said that a civilization advanced enough for long distance space travel would most likely have depleted their own worlds resources and be searching for more.  A planet like ours, still rich with resources, with a civilization so far behind their technology would be perfect for harvesting those resources.  

They would monitor us and our defensive capabilities.  Figure out any potential dangers to them and come up with a plan to defeat those dangers.  Map out the resources and then move in to take everything they could.  

If what we are seeing now are actual extraterrestrials, from what we've seen so far we already know that their technology is so far beyond ours that a battle would be lost before it ever started.  While I definitely hope they are benevolent (assuming this is what it looks like) I think the chances of them being friendly and here to help are incredibly slim.  

If you were from an advanced civilization and watched/studied us humans from space we wouldn't be very impressive.  We can't get along with each other and constantly try to kill one another.  We pollute our own environment on a massive scale and instead of coming together to solve world issues we isolate ourselves even further.  Many of those issues are difficult things to fix but from their perspective we probably look like a pretty poor excuse for a life form and not very good stewards of the extremely valuable resources that our planet holds.  Not sure how benevolent they would be.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#10]
there are only 2 options. we're alone in the universe or we're not. Each is equally terrifying.

I'm on the fence. I'm a scientist by training and IDK where I stand on this stuff. A big part of me thinks it's tech. what's being seen is years ahead of tech you and I can buy  on the shelf. big daddy gov has unlimited money and brains and time. the stealth u2 plane was built and launched 65 years ago! The stealth bomber has been flying more than 31 years. I am DAMN SURE there's .mil/.gov tech that's years ahead of the drones on the shelf at best buy.

there's a good article on the thought that the stuff being seen is other countries tech used to see what our .mil is capable of, especially with detection and radar and shit like that. It's in the main page that I'm not sure where it is right now.

On the other hand it is mentally masturbating to think about winning the lottery, seeing aliens, etc when the world around us is falling to shit, so I get the appeal. I was busy shopping for super cars despite not winning this week because it kept my brain from thinking about how hard inflation is going to fuck up the lives of my young children.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Interesting....

I doubt the government will say that they believe it's extraterrestrial just because too many people will freak out.  They will just keep saying stuff like "we know what they aren't but we don't know what they are".

At some point though, whoever or whatever is operating these things is going to show themselves.  Why would they put so much into all of this?  Stephen Hawking has always said that when they come they will be searching for resources to take and they won't be friendly.  If it's legit their technology is way, way, way more advanced so we likely wouldn't have the ability to stop them.  That would explain why they are shadowing our military.
View Quote

It's entirely possible that what we see as "valuable resources" are completely useless to the life form(s) visiting.

Perhaps, it's like one of us watching ants crawl around their mound. They're moderately entertaining, but really have nothing we want or need,
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
there are only 2 options. we're alone in the universe or we're not. Each is equally terrifying.

I'm on the fence. I'm a scientist by training and IDK where I stand on this stuff. A big part of me thinks it's tech. what's being seen is years ahead of tech you and I can buy  on the shelf. big daddy gov has unlimited money and brains and time. the stealth u2 plane was built and launched 65 years ago! The stealth bomber has been flying more than 31 years. I am DAMN SURE there's .mil/.gov tech that's years ahead of the drones on the shelf at best buy.

there's a good article on the thought that the stuff being seen is other countries tech used to see what our .mil is capable of, especially with detection and radar and shit like that. It's in the main page that I'm not sure where it is right now.

On the other hand it is mentally masturbating to think about winning the lottery, seeing aliens, etc when the world around us is falling to shit, so I get the appeal. I was busy shopping for super cars despite not winning this week because it kept my brain from thinking about how hard inflation is going to fuck up the lives of my young children.
View Quote

I do the whole mental daydreaming about winning the lottery and exactly what I'd buy or do too. It's as close as I'll ever come to that kind of stuff as I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life.  It's just to sort of artificially lift my spirits for a short time.  

As for the tech, you are right, we willl always be behind the tech that's being developed behind the big black doors but what we are seeing now isn't just advanced technologies it's technology that defies the laws of physics.  That's just not possible by human understanding of the universe.  

Lue Elizondo, the former head of the Pentagon's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program said this a few days ago during a 60 Minutes interview - "Imagine a technology that can do 6-to-700 g-forces, that can fly at 13,000 miles an hour, that can evade radar and that can fly through air and water and possibly space. And oh, by the way, has no obvious signs of propulsion, no wings, no control surfaces and yet still can defy the natural effects of Earth's gravity. That's precisely what we're seeing."

That's tech that we aren't even capable of comprehending let alone developing in secret.

I don't believe that the little green or grey men are sneaking around the countryside peeking in windows (although, if this is legitimately extraterrestrial, at some point that may be the natural progression of things) but after watching and reading all the information I can on the most recent encounters (2004 to present) it's become difficult to believe that these are terrestrial in nature.  Which is opposite of where I was at a month ago.  I've always said that contact with extraterrestrials here on Earth is possible but highly improbable.  Now, not so much.  I'm not 100% on board but I'd say I'm about 85%.  

Going back to the secretive nature of such things within the government you have to ask yourself, if the kinds of things we're seeing have been declassified, how impressive is the stuff that remains classified?
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's entirely possible that what we see as "valuable resources" are completely useless to the life form(s) visiting.

Perhaps, it's like one of us watching ants crawl around their mound. They're moderately entertaining, but really have nothing we want or need,
View Quote

If we end up meeting each other I hope that's true.  Although what I meant by "valuable resources" was the resources they might see as valuable not us.  It's probable that there's plenty of iron and potentially valuable minerals out there for them so they may not care about ours.  It may also be that Earth being one of the goldilocks planets means it's easier for them to take those resources.  

There's also the "big one" that the brainiacs toss around and that is that they will come looking for a new place to establish their species.  Much like our space programs main intent is to find new homes for humanity because eventually we will deplete our resources, face an ELE (extinction level event) like a giant asteroid hit, pollute ourselves into unsustainability, etc.  An advanced civilization would already be way ahead of us and Earth might look awful inviting to a species who need a new home.  It's not like we would have the tech to stop them if that was their intention.

My view has always been "hope for the best but prepare for the worst" for everything in life.  So while I absolutely hope potential visitors would be benevolent or just here to watch I'm always trying to anticipate what will happen next if that's not the case.  

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Anything capable of interstellar flight is not going to have a problem with anything in our inventory and frankly an icbm isn't going to concern them. I figure it's a mix of experimental aircraft/drones, disinformation, psyops, and fakery.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anything capable of interstellar flight is not going to have a problem with anything in our inventory and frankly an icbm isn't going to concern them. I figure it's a mix of experimental aircraft/drones, disinformation, psyops, and fakery.
View Quote

I wasn't implying that an ICBM would be a threat to them.

I believe the documentary was discussing all of the sightings after WW2, along with the sightings at the ICBM silos, to show that our nuclear capabilities gained the attention of whatever aerial phenomenon were being observed.

The documentary explained how the ICBM sites lost power inexplicably.

Again, some of Steven Greer's documentaries can be out there, but the one about the sightings of UFOs near nuclear facilities is pretty intriguing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I watched a CNN interview on YouTube (I don't watch CNN) with the USN Chief Master-at-Arms Sean Cahill (ret.) and former US Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense For Intelligence Christopher Mellon.  

Christopher Mellon's title explains who he is but for clarity, Sean Cahill was a big cheese aboard the USS Princeton when some of these crafts were seen and videoed.  The Princeton was there as a surveillance ship basically so it was fitted with all the high tech stuff the other ships didn't have.

Watching these guys tiptoe around saying these crafts were not human made was entertaining.  They both made their point that what we're dealing with is extraterrestrial without actually saying it point blank which is impressive.  They talked about some of the stuff we talked about here such as why they haven't tried to talk to us.  Christopher Mellon made an analogy similar to our conversation about how we don't go to the zoo and try to talk to the monkeys.  It kind of stings to think that we are the monkeys in this situation but it's pretty accurate.

I'm not a huge fan of CNN but the interview is definitely worth watching.  It can be found on YouTube.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

assume they want the resources on this planet. whats the one thing that could gum up the works? nukes. we could make a mess of the planet trying to blow them away with nukes. so what would aliens want to scope out above all else? where all the nukes are. then theres the question of logistics. if nukes are an issue they need to take them all out at the same time. which implies a lot of 'somethings' deployed to do that. maybe they are scouting us out, marking all the nukes on earth whilst the main army approaches. one thing though.. that supposes they found this planet recently. because the time to take us on would have been before we had nukes. so thats an odd timing.

perhaps its man made stuff. think about electricity. and radio waves. today we think nothing of transmitting huge amounts of power over transmission lines. we have harnessed something that the ancients could not have conceived of. so a breakthrough in gravitational theory could provide things like vehicles that can accelerate to thousands of miles an hour in an instant. breakthroughs in particle theories could perhaps allow vehicles to 'fly' through the ocean with no friction. so a breakthrough in scientific understanding could provide the tech we are seeing now. thats probably as conceivable as aliens. and if its a foreign power the concern over nukes is probably a concern as even though some nation has something like flying saucers, they dont want us heaving nukes all over the place in a national panic attack.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks, I don't think I've ever listened to a podcast in my life but I'll check that out.

Yesterday I found that there was a "60 Minutes Overtime" video with the Tic Tac pilots.  It includes a lot of stuff that the 60 Minutes version cut out.  It's basically the same thing but with more detail and it's stuff that gives their story more context.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:you have to ask yourself, if the kinds of things we're seeing have been declassified, how impressive is the stuff that remains classified?
View Quote

They're just shifting the Overton window...
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I wonder if we are reaching a point in our technology (quantum physics, AI, etc) that a more advanced civilization/s is watching to see if we screw up.  We are so close to AI getting to the point that it can decide what's best and implement that plan even if that means destroying our species.  A saw an analogy somewhere in a video and the speaker said that if AI decided on a course of action it needed to take it would give us humans no more thought than we would give an ant colony as we built a road over it's home.  We have nothing against the ant, we just need the road built.  If accomplishing it's goal means humans have to go then they have to go.

Elon Musk said he believes that AI will reach the point of being more intelligent than humans within 5 years.  Then he said it terrifies him but what can we do to stop it?

Once AI decides that it knows better than we do it can decide to act on that.  If it becomes that intelligent it can teach itself how to bypass any safeguards we put in place.  

It's a possibility I guess.  Now that I'm more open to the idea that some of the encounters people say they've had with ET's are real I'm less inclined to think these things we're seeing are a threat.  They've been here long enough they could have taken us out a thousand times over but so far there hasn't been a single hostile act.  On the contrary, if you accept that some of the encounters that were witnessed by multiple people are real, the ET's seem to be interested in helping.  Maybe they are just waiting until we accept the mentality that they aren't a threat.  

It's a real hard subject to wrap your head around.  Especially for me because I've always believed in the possibility of ET's visiting us but not the probability.  I was always the one saying it's a balloon or an optical illusion or even a secret plane being tested.  After seeing what we've seen so far and hearing the military pilots stories and such, I'm definitely a believer.  I don't think all those things in the videos are from outside Earth but I have no doubt some of them are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top