Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/15/2020 12:02:32 AM EDT
Evers said today he is thinking of keeping the state locked down at least 30 more days.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Evers keeps pushing the Overton window.

He closed the parks and forests, a move that is actually counterproductive in fighting this virus. He must not have gotten enough pushback on that.

Shutting down window visits seems to have generated enough pushback to make him reverse course within a day.

Now he talks about keeping the state on lockdown another month. At some point he will not have a state to keep on lockdown.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I think he's taking strategy tips from the Michigan Gov.  They're both clueless.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out this other link about Evers DNR and take the survey.Banning lead ammo
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#4]
and there it is. lockdown until May 26th

https://www.channel3000.com/evers-extends-safer-at-home-order-until-late-may/
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Any business forced to stay closed should have their taxes suspended also. If not businesses should put their taxes in escrow for the class action suit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I was just having a conversation with customers about the protest in MI & others planned in other states.

Their consensus was “Good”.

People are getting sick of this real quick.

View Quote

I was just informed my state Assy Rep. is going.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#8]
May 12 election.  Crooked work PT 2.  Do you think he cares about rallies?  A king doesn't need to care.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#9]
There won't be anything left to reopen at the end of may.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#10]
So when does the recall begin.

how to do a recall
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#11]
This is what happens when you elect a leftist Teacher with a "Snow Day" mentality.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I just don't get how he can deprive someone of their livelihood.  What if business owners just said "screw you Tony" and opened up?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just don't get how he can deprive someone of their livelihood.  What if business owners just said "screw you Tony" and opened up?
View Quote

Because that slimy little fuckface never made a dime outside of what taxpayers supplied. There's always an endless supply of money. And a big powerful union to back his type.
Shit the rest of us face isn't even real to this clown.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#14]
FTE

That's all I'm going to say
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#15]
87,000 acres of parks closed, but golf courses can open up!

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 6:35:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Idiots have been calling 911 to report when kids visit playgrounds. For du Lac has been charging folks with misdemeanors for playing.  Local TV news played a 911 call from a lady who calls the cops when folks use the park across from her house.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Some people really need a hobby.  I wonder if Tony got a little check from the golf assn.?  Maybe he should open the outdoor gun ranges as well.  The longer this goes on, the more goofy things will start to happen.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Better idea... quarterly sales taxes for Jan/Feb/Mar are due on Apr. 30th. Nope, I'm not paying mine. I've never been late in 31 years in business in WI. But there's always a first time.

Sorry State Dept of Rev... you shut me down, so I used that money I collected on your behalf in Jan/Feb for groceries and toilet paper, and to keep the phones, lights, and heat on. I'll never get my lost revenue back, so you will never get that sales tax either. Sue me you fucksticks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Stupid question. Is this something people can sue Evers for personally? Preferably AFTER he gets recalled. Possibly put his ass among the homeless living on the street.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I wonder if gathering signatures on a recall petition would be violating his supreme commander orders?
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Some people really need a hobby.  I wonder if Tony got a little check from the golf assn.?  Maybe he should open the outdoor gun ranges as well.  The longer this goes on, the more goofy things will start to happen.
View Quote

There was a news story about heavy lobbing from the Golf courses to reopen.  I am sure there was a substantial donation made some where.  The ranges should be open.

Most shooting benchses are 6 ft away center to center.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Better idea... quarterly sales taxes for Jan/Feb/Mar are due on Apr. 30th. Nope, I'm not paying mine. I've never been late in 31 years in business in WI. But there's always a first time.

Sorry State Dept of Rev... you shut me down, so I used that money I collected on your behalf in Jan/Feb for groceries and toilet paper, and to keep the phones, lights, and heat on. I'll never get my lost revenue back, so you will never get that sales tax either. Sue me you fucksticks.
View Quote

Wife and I said the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#24]
My business has been closed for a month now.

I get a phone call from Dane County Health yesterday, "someone is complaining you're working."

Well no, I'm not.  I'm in and out of my shop, doing miscellaneous stuff.  But I am closed, and not taking appointments for work.

I also explained that I planned to open on the 25th as the restrictions seemed to be relaxed a little.  And that I would implement "no contact" procedures for clients so that I can do the work, and they can pay, and I don't even have to see their face.

"I'm sure that will be fine" she says.

Today I get an email - "actually nope, you must remain closed, city attorney says curbside pickup is for goods and not services, and you're non essential."

I didn't reply.  I have half a mind to email the city attorney and tell her that I will close my business when she can explain to me why a golf course is essential.

Fucking assholes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:46:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I get a phone call from Dane County Health yesterday, "someone is complaining you're working."

Well no, I'm not.  I'm in and out of my shop, doing miscellaneous stuff.  But I am closed, and not taking appointments for work.

I also explained that I planned to open on the 25th as the restrictions seemed to be relaxed a little.  And that I would implement "no contact" procedures for clients so that I can do the work, and they can pay, and I don't even have to see their face.

Today I get an email - "actually nope, you must remain closed, city attorney says curbside pickup is for goods and not services, and you're non essential."

I didn't reply.  I have half a mind to email the city attorney and tell her that I will close my business when she can explain to me why a golf course is essential.

Fucking assholes.
View Quote

You never received an email. It must have went straight to your spam folder. Last you heard from them was "I'm sure that will be fine" Fuck Evers and his minions.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 1:04:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Get back to work now Joey!!! who is evers to over steep your rights!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Fucking assholes.
View Quote

What type of business do you have?

Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#28]
This whole "essential/non-essential" business is a bunch of horse flop.  Who are they to say what is "essential"?  As far as I'm concerned, ANY business is essential - to the owners.  How can they say "sorry, we are now denying you of your ability to support your family, pay your mortgage, buy groceries, etc.  The REAL non-essential people are the politicians.  Send them home and have them collect unemployment.  I bet if that option was looming, things would be a lot different.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Evers crew had a 3 months now to develop ways and means of safely going about our lives. Time to throw them out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fucking assholes.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What type of business do you have?

View Quote

Automotive detailing, mostly higher end work with some peasant cars mixed in.

I specifically laid out a plan where there would be zero contact service.  I literally work on a maximum of 2 cars a week most weeks(there is usually substantial work involved for each one in most cases). Nope, not good enough.

But thousands people per day can file through Home Depot or Wal-mart.  One infected person in the Culver's drive through can infect a bunch of people.  That's all just fine.  

I'd like to add that yes, this business is non-essential.  I even said it in the beginning.  But, I was also expecting to open in a few days here.  And opening the golf courses really enraged me.  It's not about essential, or not.  It's about who's got or getting money.

If you're going to force people to close, then be consistent, damint.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking assholes.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400_GIF-121.gif

How many WI teachers getting paid for staying home and not working...or in Florida in a beach front condo with high speed access teaching kids stuck at home in WI ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Idiots have been calling 911 to report when kids visit playgrounds. For du Lac has been charging folks with misdemeanors for playing.  Local TV news played a 911 call from a lady who calls the cops when folks use the park across from her house.
View Quote

Serious question - what statute are they citing?  
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#34]
I would sure hope that any city attorney or DA with half a brain will dismiss those citations - and the "officers" that wrote them have a little talking to.  That is total crap.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Serious question - what statute are they citing?  
View Quote

There is an enforcement provision written into the emergency order that allows for this.  Fond du Lac also passed a municipal ordinance for the COVID that allows officers the choice of issuing a (lesser) municipal citation instead of the state ticket.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:03:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How many WI teachers getting paid for staying home and not working...or in Florida in a beach front condo with high speed access teaching kids stuck at home in WI ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking assholes.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400_GIF-121.gif

As I said prior, my next door neighbor is a biology teacher at our district’s high school.

I have spoken with him a few times since the school went stay at home.

First realize he’s a conservative like myself, stating much of this is over the top reactions, so keep that in mind: He says he is working longer hours than when he was in-class.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I believe the hours are longer. I'm not a teacher, but I see it from my kids' experiences with the online learning. The teachers need to spend more individual time and less group time.  So, an individual assignment that might be done in class would (as an example) take 20 minutes of group instruction plus 20 minutes of individualized support.  Now the same assignment might take 30 minutes to create the written instruction and video explanation, followed by 5 minutes per pupil to access the Google Classroom folders for each assignment. If they have 25 students, that's a total of 1.5 hours for this assignment, or roughly double.

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I believe the hours are longer. I'm not a teacher, but I see it from my kids' experiences with the online learning. The teachers need to spend more individual time and less group time.  So, an individual assignment that might be done in class would (as an example) take 20 minutes of group instruction plus 20 minutes of individualized support.  Now the same assignment might take 30 minutes to create the written instruction and video explanation, followed by 5 minutes per pupil to access the Google Classroom folders for each assignment. If they have 25 students, that's a total of 1.5 hours for this assignment, or roughly double.

View Quote

My experience has been the opposite.  Only about 30 minutes a day as group call, and most of the talking is "how you doing?  What have you been up to?  Work packets can be dpwnloaded from xxxx and some online lessons from xxxx.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

My experience has been the opposite.  Only about 30 minutes a day as group call, and most of the talking is "how you doing?  What have you been up to?  Work packets can be dpwnloaded from xxxx and some online lessons from xxxx.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two in school.

Teacher creates a video in the morning and gets a lesson plan out to all the students. Teacher is online all day and you can check in with her if you need more help. They have a group meeting at 1 to go over anything and the teacher tells them to take a shower because they probably smell bad.

My 5th grader is doing really well, gets distracted easily so this is great. I actually have to spend less time helping because of it.
My K student is brilliant, gets everything done super fast. "In school" for way less time because it just doesn't take him long. We do lots of extra reading and we had a stash of lego kits that are getting burned through.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#40]
So what did the Tyrant Evers or his staff of idiots do today?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#41]
I see that under his new extension, Nipplehead Tony says you can do yard work, as long as the work can be done by one person.  So... if my wife comes out to help me rake the lawn, is Tony the Twit gonna throw us in the clink?  Jesus H. Tapdancin' Christ - the guys' a loon.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:56:10 AM EDT
[#42]
I thought the order was only good for 30 days and any extension had to be approved by the WI state legislature?

Your closure is political, like in IL and Michigan.  They figured out if they can shitcan the economy, force by mail voting, that Trump will lose to Biden.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I see that under his new extension, Nipplehead Tony says you can do yard work, as long as the work can be done by one person.  So... if my wife comes out to help me rake the lawn, is Tony the Twit gonna throw us in the clink?  Jesus H. Tapdancin' Christ - the guys' a loon.
View Quote

So, even though I share my bed with her, I can’t work in the yard together? Makes complete sense.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So, even though I share my bed with her, I can’t work in the yard together? Makes complete sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where can I find a link to this genius reasoning?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#46]
So needlessly confusing. We have some friends about 2 hours away we were never able to see for Christmas. We have presents for their kids and they have ones for ours, if we meet in a public place to exchange them will we get hassled?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#47]
I would suspect if you met in a public park in a town or city you might get hassled.  If you did it at a rural county park I would be surprised if you saw anyone.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Why not just go to their house?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 7:49:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Green Bay PD announced yesterday that they're going to begin issuing tickets up to $1000 for violation of Evers' illegal order.

News Story about the BS
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Wow.  People in GB can take their garbage out and their kids can play in the yard.  What a wonderful city.  Thank you Tony.  Sheriff Beiber does have a good point about the shoes though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top