Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2018 2:36:42 PM EDT
The Illinois State Police Sends out Concealed Carry License Renewal Letters.

Not everyone is getting these letters. I didn't. You can read it here...

https://www.gunrights4illinois.com/blog/isp-sends-out-concealed-carry-license-renewal-letters/
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Just received mine a day or two ago
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:55:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Any ideas when the 'renewal' button should show up? I'm about 4 1/2 months out, and only have 'edit' and 'report lost/stolen' buttons-

Thanks,

Larry
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:07:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any ideas when the 'renewal' button should show up? I'm about 4 1/2 months out, and only have 'edit' and 'report lost/stolen' buttons-

Thanks,

Larry
View Quote
Depending on various things I read, it seems about  90 to 120 days
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine went active on a Sunday 120 days out. Applied with prints originally. Waiting for new card.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm watching both Mailbox and ISP Website. Seems they're cutting it close this time too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks,

Larry
View Quote
120 days before you expire you should see the renew button.

Originally I reported 90 days based on the pop up on the ISP website, however only 2 or 3 days later the renew button was visible for me at (120 days).
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#7]
One of the retired guys I meet for coffee told me he received a renewal notice from the ISP 90 days before his FCCL expires.

He said applying for renewal was easily done online; it only took him about 10 minutes.  He did not submit fingerprints.  I will report back the amount of time he had to wait once he receives his new FCCL.

Update:  It took right at 40 days from the time he applied until the new FCCL hit his mailbox.  The ISP also sent him a new FOID without him asking for one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
One of the retired guys I meet for coffee told me he received a renewal notice from the ISP 90 days before his FCCL expires.

He said applying for renewal was easily done online; it only took him about 10 minutes.  He did not submit fingerprints.  I will report back the amount of time he had to wait once he receives his new FCCL.
View Quote
What I have read indicates renewals are going 15 to 40 days depending on where  you fall with processing in the batch and print cycle.   There does not appear to be a 30 day LE objection window for renewals.

Be aware they will set the new CCL expire date for 5 years from issue date and NOT 5 years from existing  card expiration date.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Frankly, I'm shocked that they aren't doing the 30 day objection wait...But, we'll take it!!!!
Also, as long as you get your application in before your expire date, they told us that you will stay active throughout the processing.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#10]
My expiration date is 2/28/19. Took my renewal class 12/1. Came home from the class to a renewal letter from ISP. I had the renewal button online about 30 days before. Took all of 10 minutes to renew.

You do have to do it from a computer. They warn that trying to do it from a mobile device will result in bad errors.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My expiration date is 2/28/19. Took my renewal class 12/1. Came home from the class to a renewal letter from ISP. I had the renewal button online about 30 days before. Took all of 10 minutes to renew.

You do have to do it from a computer. They warn that trying to do it from a mobile device will result in bad errors.
View Quote
Required to use a non mobile device is insane in todays web environments. Most if not all of the app is (or at least was) outsourced to a known software company anyway and it wasnt always like this. They just need to fix it!
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#12]
They just need to fix it!
View Quote
They are really crippled when it comes to web implementation and corrections.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They are really crippled when it comes to web implementation and corrections.
View Quote
Why is that?  Illinois was not Appriss first concealed carry software state and they are not a small outfit.  IL has pulled in double digit $M in fees so is there not funds?   Define your requirements, Appriss implements and tests software, IL verifies and signs off.   Really, once you introduce an error not letting customers use mobile devices, who lets that sit for months?   And who thought not handling expire dates like the DL made sense?  Is the ISP honestly that inept and inefficient when it comes to web applications and implementations or do they just not care?    Im kind of surprised they actually got renewal notices being sent out.

edit: Does the ISP  have its own IT department or are they funneling through a state IT department to get to Appriss?  They have done some other silly things like letting the FOID/CCL site get registered to Appriss and not the state.   One would think one would want to own their own web site.   Just asking for trouble in the future.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm sensing some frustration and incredulousness

Is the ISP honestly that inept and inefficient when it comes to web applications and implementations or do they just not care?
View Quote
Both concerns are very understandable.  We started working closely with ISP shortly after passage of Concealed Carry.  We have mostly (since replacement of Quinn)...seen good people trying to do a good job.  There are still some hold overs from Quinn's administration that aren't supportive.  But, all have expressed dismay at the software people and how hard it is to get something right or when needed... corrected.  We were shocked when they put out some of the first implementation rules on their web site that were contrary to the law so we had to show them how those rules didn't apply and there were even spelling errors on the page.  I assume these are in-house folks doing the web pages but, they are definitely a weak link!  It is very frustrating.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Why? I did my ccw app on my iphone. It seems they are going backwards.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why? I did my ccw app on my iphone. It seems they are going backwards.
View Quote
Best guess is they introduced an error during a prior update.   Now, fixing it would appear to not be a priority for the ISP when it should be urgent.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#17]
The ISP website clearly states NOT to. You can try and let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Frankly, I'm shocked that they aren't doing the 30 day objection wait...But, we'll take it!!!!
Also, as long as you get your application in before your expire date, they told us that you will stay active throughout the processing.
View Quote
Not only that but it's also in the law.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I got my new license in the mail yesterday.

Also if you have the old style foid, you will likely get a new foid a day or two after your renewed concealed carry lciense.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Any issues with using a MAC this time around?  I remember there was a warning when I first applied and went over to my parents to use their Windoz computer just to be safe.  My FOID renewal went through without any issue on my computer last year.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Any issues with using a MAC this time around?  I remember there was a warning when I first applied and went over to my parents to use their Windoz computer just to be safe.  My FOID renewal went through without any issue on my computer last year.
View Quote
Not a MAC that I am aware of but they have had this silly warning about only using a computer for quite a while.   FIX THE DARN SYSTEM.   No reason phones or tablets should not work.

If you have not logged in since original application, the system did change removing Java / browser restrictions and a reregistration is probably required.

...SYSTEM ALERT
DO NOT ATTEMPT WITH A SMART PHONE OR TABLET. Errors from mobile interface can result in application denial. Only attempt renewal if the renewal button is active on your dashboard. Finally, please ensure your address on file with the Secretary of State is up-to-date because applications and SOS addresses MUST match....
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#23]
How the hell are you guys even logging in? My log in from 5 years ago doesn’t work and says “the security questions tied to this account have not been answered”. However there is no security questions even on the log in screen.

Forgot password doesn’t work because there is a box that says “security question” yet doesn’t ask you in and there is just an empty box. Doesn’t make any sense.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#24]
You need to resister a whole new account. Different user ID and different email address. They changed the system around 2015 and old accounts are not recognized.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top