Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2020 9:01:01 PM EDT
@mPisi, are you ready?
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
@mPisi, are you ready?
View Quote

Shoulder is healing which means no hauling weight for a few months, except for emergencies.  But I would be good for a walk or talk.

I found a good trail/path if we want smooth and fast, mostly shaded, and some lake views: Tribute Shoreline Trail in The Colony.  We've been out there a couple times this summer.  This would be boring for more advanced hikers but a good intro for others.  There is a similar trail at The Colony Shoreline Trail.  Looks like fewer trees though, better for winter.

@barnbwt , you still around town?
@DisplacedOkie

@ShooterMcStabbin

@Atyp
@SirSqueeboo
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shoulder is healing which means no hauling weight for a few months, except for emergencies.  But I would be good for a walk or talk.

I found a good trail/path if we want smooth and fast, mostly shaded, and some lake views: Tribute Shoreline Trail in The Colony.  We've been out there a couple times this summer.  This would be boring for more advanced hikers but a good intro for others.  There is a similar trail at The Colony Shoreline Trail.  Looks like fewer trees though, better for winter.

@DisplacedOkie

@ShooterMcStabbin

@Atyp
@SirSqueeboo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@mPisi, are you ready?

@DisplacedOkie

@ShooterMcStabbin

@Atyp
@SirSqueeboo

I'm honestly tempted to drive up to DFW just to hike with ya'll again.  It fucking sucks here in Houston, and as a result/as you might imagine, there's not much local interest in hikes or much of anything right now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Also, I didn't know this subforum existed...

Do we have a thread for each state, or a thread for each region/"chapter" so to speak?  If it gets more views/interests I'll definitely post invites here in the future.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI I think @s only work with a maximum of 3 mentions per post.

GoatBoy implemented that to avoid spamming
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a new backpack for just such an occasion

Since the NFL is dead to me, I should have some Sundays free for most of the fall.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FYI I think @s only work with a maximum of 3 mentions per post.
GoatBoy implemented that to avoid spamming
View Quote

Thanks, I recall that now, and should have remembered when there was a weird glitch that I had to edit five times.

Repeating the last two I have:
@Atyp
@SirSqueeboo
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm definitely down (work permitting);

I have to pressure my boss to publish the schedule with more than 2 days notice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't know this forum existing either!

Yes I'm interested, thanks for the @.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#9]
just saw this thread
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Hola.  South side of metroplex.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Glad to see a new section, ive posted a few times with no replies.

Any groups in the San Antonio/Hill country area?

Thanks for any info
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Can we get a thread started  ( and possibly stickied )   for gear links.  

I am looking for a hydration carrier  that will fit a fat man  

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Planning a northern DFW area entry-level hike on Saturday, September 26.  9AM at Tribute Shoreline Trail in the Colony.

I will post a thread in Hometown for the event[1].  

All good people are welcome.  This is essentially a walking path, not anything that could be called a trail.  It is quite wide, so it is easy to walk abreast and talk.  I am recovering from surgery so I won't be hauling any weight, just want to do 6 miles or more at one go.  My wife will likely be there too.  We can witness APC qualification efforts.

I also want to discuss other DFW efforts, and possible shooting meetups.

Note [1] - this APC forum is nice for the main threads about organization, strategy, training, national events.  Looking long term, without its own set of Hometown-style state sub-boards, either the APC board will be overwhelmed with individual event threads, or everything is drowned within giant state threads.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#14]
@gettingstarted , roughly where in Texas are you?
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Currently OCONUS, but I'll be in El Paso mid spring, any others out there?
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Currently OCONUS, but I'll be in El Paso mid spring, any others out there?
View Quote

I'll be in El Paso in about February.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Theres good hikes in the Franklins and there are plenty of places to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#18]
FYI you can @ up to 6 people per post.  I do it every Live Rescue thread.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yeah, you'll have to show me around.

I spent a couple years in the ARNG unit out of El Paso but I didn't spend a lot of time in town.  Most drill weekends were either really long days or out in the training area.

Is there anywhere to do some night shooting?  It would be especially cool if there were room to run and shoot, and put targets out a few hundred meters.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hell yeah, you'll have to show me around.

I spent a couple years in the ARNG unit out of El Paso but I didn't spend a lot of time in town.  Most drill weekends were either really long days or out in the training area.

Is there anywhere to do some night shooting?  It would be especially cool if there were room to run and shoot, and put targets out a few hundred meters.
View Quote
Plenty of good places to do goon shit out in the desert.
I shot you an IM, I'll send grids and other good info.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm hosting a Saturday/Sunday double-header at two awesome parks this weekend in the sorth/nouth ends of greater Houston (respectively)

Saturday is hiking/rucking, and Sunday will be trail-biking for a change of pace (and to more quickly scope out trails in a park I haven't been before).  We meet at allegedly excellent lunch spots after each.

If you're available & interested in either day, pop on over to the thread linked above & hit the poll to make your intentions known!
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#24]
One more bump for interest.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 6:02:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Did this die on the vine?

Anymore hikes coming up?
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Just wondering if there was anyone here from the East Texas area wanting to get involved?
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:25:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just wondering if there was anyone here from the East Texas area wanting to get involved?
View Quote

Is Houston considered East Texas, or are you much farther north?  I'm trying to get folks interested down here, but might be too far for you
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Is Houston considered East Texas, or are you much farther north?  I'm trying to get folks interested down here, but might be too far for you
View Quote

Well probably, but a little too far south for me. It's me and a toddler most weekends so I have to plan around that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Sometimes I wish this state wasn't so vast. It seems to be a fair bit of interest for this, just hard to get together due to distance.

I would be willing to organize a hike in the Waco area for those interested in that.

If any of you folks in the area are interested, We can make the hikes a weekly thing on the weekend. Cameron Park has the river trail which is 3.3 miles one way. So it's really easy to get 6 mile hikes done as well.

I'll be there this Sunday at 0700 at the Redwood Shelter parking area right off of Herring Avenue.

Be there with 45lb packs. Step off at 0715.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Hike on January 17th. Meet at Redwood Shelter parking area at 0700. Step off is at 0715.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#31]
If anyone up north in Texas is looking for a Hike, we're in the process of getting one together at Palo Duro around the 30th or 31st of this month.

Theres a 3 mile loop that we can take twice.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#32]
We'll be doing a 3 or 6 mile qualification ruck this weekend in South Houston; the only game in town, so ya'll had better show up!

Link to the HTF thread;
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Houston-Crew-Meet-and-Ruck-This-Saturday-1-23-/8-651521/
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 5:23:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Deleted
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:24:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Yesterday we got five folks to show up & ruck six miles in North Houston at a 3.2mph pace, two of us completed the route with 50lb packs.  Showed off the APC task books and hopefully got a few more folks interested in future involvement.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:46:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yesterday we got five folks to show up & ruck six miles in North Houston at a 3.2mph pace, two of us completed the route with 50lb packs.  Showed off the APC task books and hopefully got a few more folks interested in future involvement.
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I started a thread for West Texas and New Mexico. I figured we're far enough away we shouldn't clutter up this thread.

Come check it out if you're a far west Texan.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone inside I610 in Houston?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Heads up... Houston area on the MOVE!!!
From TX hometown forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top