Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2022 12:58:41 PM EDT
You guys lost the fed court battle but won at the state level for now. Was ruled unconstitutional per oregons constitution. The injunction begins when 114 is suppose to begin.

Watch the vid for all the details. Its important info.

Some Good and Some News Bad News from Oregon on Ballot Measure 114
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Thx!
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent! There is hope!
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 5:54:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You guys lost the fed court battle but won at the state level for now. Was ruled unconstitutional per oregons constitution. The injunction begins when 114 is suppose to begin.

Watch the vid for all the details. Its important info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtUBYEJx78k
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#4]
This video seems to be old news now.    Apparently a state judge has refused to stay the previous court ruling and now the Oregon Supreme court has ruled and shot it down too.   So it ain't happening yet.

Liberal State Supreme Court Sides With 2A!
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
So it's a 10 day restraining order, right? And the Supreme Court only refused to do anything. So what happens in 10 days?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So it's a 10 day restraining order, right? And the Supreme Court only refused to do anything. So what happens in 10 days?
View Quote

Iirc, there is a hearing for both sides to argue their sides.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Hearing is on 12/13/2022.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hearing is on 12/13/2022.
View Quote

One day after the Miller V. Bonta case in the 9th too. May have some residual affect on us? Hoping Jusge Benetiz shuts it down and it’s cited for the 13th hearing in Harney.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#9]
So what does that mean, in practice?

With respects to magazines, suppose somebody sells me a 30-round magazine, today. The injunction is lifted in a week. Is that magazine not considered "grandfathered"? In this scenario, I would have purchased the magazine after the ban, though there was an injunction in effect...

With respect to purchases of new firearms, could an FFL transfer me a firearm while the injunction is in effect?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So what does that mean, in practice?

With respects to magazines, suppose somebody sells me a 30-round magazine, today. The injunction is lifted in a week. Is that magazine not considered "grandfathered"? In this scenario, I would have purchased the magazine after the ban, though there was an injunction in effect...

With respect to purchases of new firearms, could an FFL transfer me a firearm while the injunction is in effect?
View Quote

Well, an injunction means it isn't to be enforced until something is resolved or accomplished......
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:09:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well, an injunction means it isn't to be enforced until something is resolved or accomplished......
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

At least he better be. I have a couple in the que.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:13:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Right, but any magazines purchased now, even though the injunction is in effect, are not considered "grandfathered?"
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Right, but any magazines purchased now, even though the injunction is in effect, are not considered "grandfathered?"
View Quote

How so and why should we care?
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

If the law is not in effect how could any magazine purchased now be illegal. I believe it is against the constitution for the state to take what was legally purchased and owned without due process.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If the law is not in effect how could any magazine purchased now be illegal. I believe it is against the constitution for the state to take what was legally purchased and owned without due process.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ this. Jesus dude it’s not rocket science.  Nothing is in effect yet.  Buy your mags!
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't care if you care or not. Do whatever you want; I'm not your supervisor.

My point is that even though there is an injunction, magazines purchased now aren't going to be considered "grandfathered." The text of the law states that it's an affirmative defense if the magazines were owned before the effective date. So technically, you could be strung up on charges for any magazines you purchase today, assuming the injunction is lifted and the law is allowed to take effect. Now, since magazines aren't serialized, who's to say whether the magazine was purchased before/after the effective date?

Again, do whatever you want, but I don't see how it could be argued that magazines purchased during the injunction are to be considered grandfathered...
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't care if you care or not. Do whatever you want; I'm not your supervisor.

My point is that even though there is an injunction, magazines purchased now aren't going to be considered "grandfathered." The text of the law states that it's an affirmative defense if the magazines were [i]owned [color=#ff0000]before the effective date[[/color]/i]. So technically, you could be strung up on charges for any magazines you purchase today, assuming the injunction is lifted and the law is allowed to take effect. Now, since magazines aren't serialized, who's to say whether the magazine was purchased before/after the effective date?

Again, do whatever you want, but I don't see how it could be argued that magazines purchased during the injunction are to be considered grandfathered...
View Quote

Let's argue semantics.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#18]
So I'm reading that another 10 days have been added to the delay today. The hearing today determined another 10 days are needed to hear all arguments.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So I'm reading that another 10 days have been added to the delay today. The hearing today determined another 10 days are needed to hear all arguments.
View Quote

Ten more days for another hearing and the permit process.  

Testimony going on now for the mag ban.  Kudos to Mr. Botkin from T.Rex Arms for testifying on behalf of the plaintiffs.  He did a good job. Will wait and see what happens on the mag ban.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Listening to the states expert whiteness it seams fairly clear they neglected to include all information relevant to the case. The goa attorney is doing ok but I wish he was a little sharper in his questioning.

Not really a skill I have so I am very appreciative he is there now!

This is looking like it will drag out for a while.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#21]
HUGE UPDATES From Oregon on Ballot Measure 114
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is not correct

There is a 10 day TRO for the magazine ban from 12/8 to 12/18. Very likely there will be an injunction by then.

There is a new 10 day tro from 12/13 to 12/23 on the permit to purchase till judge hears all sides. Very likely there will also be an injunction at that date.

If you listen to the arguments, the judge is ONLY allowing arguments in line with text and history of gun ownership up to 1888. So unlike the federal judge who is using the two step approach, state judge Rashio is using bruen as the basis for his decisions.

Also judge is using the oregon constitution right to bear arms which is stronger than the us constitution as the basis.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you listen to the arguments, the judge is ONLY allowing arguments in line with text and history of gun ownership up to 1888. So unlike the federal judge who is using the two step approach, state judge Rashio is using bruen as the basis for his decisions.

Also judge is using the oregon constitution right to bear arms which is stronger than the us constitution as the basis.
View Quote
Wa constitution is equally strong on the 2A too.

Seems you guys and kali are getting fortunate with just judges. We in Wa havent been so fortunate...... thus far
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wa constitution is equally strong on the 2A too.

Seems you guys and kali are getting fortunate with just judges. We in Wa havent been so fortunate...... thus far
View Quote

When we got this judge I was fairly happy. I think he is a judge that will follow the law vs do as told by the governor.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Are the hearings being live-streamed anywhere?
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That is not correct

There is a 10 day TRO for the magazine ban from 12/8 to 12/18. Very likely there will be an injunction by then.

There is a new 10 day tro from 12/13 to 12/23 on the permit to purchase till judge hears all sides. Very likely there will also be an injunction at that date.

View Quote

Whats the Feb 8 date for the permit to exercise a right then?

I understood it as 12/23 is the new court date on everything but the permit part is out to Feb 8 due to OSP not actually able to make things work/happen meaning everything but the permit BS could be a thing after the 23rd.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That is not correct

View Quote

Well... There weren't ANY background checks in 1888.

ETA: here's some history for you: the maxim machine gun was invented in 1884 and you could buy it through the mail shipped to your door in Oregon with no background check. And the belt that it fed ammo from held at least 100 rounds.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

ETA: here's some history for you: the maxim machine gun was invented in 1884 and you could buy it through the mail shipped to your door in Oregon with no background check. And the belt that it fed ammo from held at least 100 rounds.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

And it is still being used today…
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I keep hoping these recent SCOTUS rulings will end up with ending any/all carry permits thus creating permitless carry nationwide.  And possibly some serious curtailment of most of the NFA laws/rules.   Background checks next?
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

This, be UNgovernable.

It is now high time for the people of this country to explicitly declare whether they will be free men or slaves. 
? Samuel Adams  
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 4:38:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like the injunction on the mag capacity stays in place until the court trial is resolved.  So maybe a year or more.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#32]
henry rifle, born during the American civil war 1860 had a magazine capacity of 15rds.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Just saw this posted on Facebook about 114.  Blazing swords and pink pistols lgbt organizations from Florida have joined the lawsuit against 114 in Oregon.  Claiming 114 is  homophonic etc etc.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just saw this posted on Facebook about 114.  Blazing swords and pink pistols lgbt organizations from Florida have joined the lawsuit against 114 in Oregon.  Claiming 114 is  homophonic etc etc.
View Quote

I'm glad they joined in. This is why I find it so hard to believe this thing passed. In oregon even liberals own guns. Most liberals. Even antifa said they were pro gun. They said that's why communism will work here, because we're armed.
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got their email about that. Good for them!

I helped some of them years ago when there was a lot of homophobic shit happening. They have been a very pro gun and 2nd amendment demographic for many years.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#36]
You know, this may be the way we get all our 2A rights back. If it can be made a front and center gay rights thing, the media will be falling over itself to support it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You know, this may be the way we get all our 2A rights back. If it can be made a front and center gay rights thing, the media will be falling over itself to support it.
View Quote

Probably not. We had a lot of LGBTGBTWEKOBDHZKDBDVSSJ support last year when they passed the mag ban. Didnt even move the needle.

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:49:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Probably not. We had a lot of LGBTGBTWEKOBDHZKDBDVSSJ support last year when they passed the mag ban. Didnt even move the needle.

View Quote

True. But this brings a recognized minority to the table in the fight. Like many classes of people the majority of them don’t see this as impacting them. Sound familiar?

Sadly, I fear we are now an identifiable minority that is being preyed upon by the political process. But we will never receive recognition or the protections all the other minorities receive. Thank god for the Constitution!
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#39]
So what are the current dates? When do have until at a minimum?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Yesterday the judge refused the states request to implement the new law stipulating no transfer without the states approval.

The protects the current state and federal laws that allow a firearm to be released after 3 days if approval is not given. This is very important because that 3 day law prevents the state from effecting gun control by policy. Removing the 3 day protection would potentially open the door for the state to defund the background check system due to “budget cuts” thereby preventing firearm transfers.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Why Everyone in Washington and Oregon is Still Waiting for a Major Ruling
Top Top