Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2023 11:23:23 AM EDT
Howdy Arizona HTF folks from a TX/NM fella here.  

My brother is moving to the Show Low area, just wondering what all there is to do out that way.  Good eateries/breweries?  Cool shops to visit?  

I'm probably gonna visit as its only about 4.5 hr drive from my cabin in NM in late June early July.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Show low not worth a visit/weekend?
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I went a few years ago and stayed in a cabin for 2 nights.  We went horse back riding.  Tons of lakes to fish.  The original Hub Pawn/Gun shop is there to look through.  There's also shops and restaurants, but not laid out like a typical downtown tourist thing (at least not what I remembered).

When I go somewhere I've never been, I usually google map the area and find places I want to go.  This includes restaurant reviews & checking out menu's on line.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#3]
We have some good restaurants, and a bunch of shitty ones. Good ones are Charlie Clarks in Pinetop, Red Devil Pizza, Buffalo Bills (expensive but excellent food). There is a lot to do here, but it's worth taking some short road trips to places like Alpine, Hannigan Meadow, Greer, and Big Lake. All the streams and lakes have been stocked with fish, so it should be easy fishing. It's worth a trip into the forest to fish/sight see along the Black River. Lots of wild life to see, deer, elk, turkey, antelope, and big horn sheep.

This time of year there are always events going on around town.

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks ya'll, seems like a lot of stuff, relatively speaking looking at maps.  Eventually my brother will know the good places but he's already in the wilderness for work (basically the same day he dropped off his trailer of possessions).  

Place in WY he lived near-ish had a bar/restaurant that was costco food, and a good brewery that would have a different food truck on weekends and such come out.  It'll be a lot more options in AZ.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:25:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks ya'll, seems like a lot of stuff, relatively speaking looking at maps.  Eventually my brother will know the good places but he's already in the wilderness for work (basically the same day he dropped off his trailer of possessions).  

Place in WY he lived near-ish had a bar/restaurant that was costco food, and a good brewery that would have a different food truck on weekends and such come out.  It'll be a lot more options in AZ.
View Quote

The ribs at the Hungry Buffalo are worth a favorable mention too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top