Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2024 9:43:25 PM EDT
Accepted a promotion at work today. Going to be working in Branson. Looking to move between Branson and Springfield. Maybe Nixa or Ozark. Wife is a nurse and is trying to get on at hospitals in Springfield. So trying to split the difference in commutes.

whats the weather like? What's the area like? I like to hunt fish and shoot. Where are good places for this. Looking for a good range, and good public land for hunting and kayak fishing. What's the best gun shop.
What are taxes like?
Any weird gun laws?constitutional carry?
Do you have state inspection on automobiles?
How are the liquor laws? State run or private stores?
any cool or interesting must dos in the area or state?
any helpful info in general.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 10:06:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mp40Gunner] [#2]
Not much different than OK. Gun laws are comparable. Constitutional carry, nfa friendly, buy booze wherever, whenever no blue laws, also no state level open container laws for passengers. Weather will be hot, humid summers and somewhat mild winters down there. Taxes aren't bad but we do have personal property taxes. State vehicle inspections for vehicles manufactured before 2012 or over 150k miles.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 8:33:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drobs] [#3]
Depending on how many newer cars, boats, trailers, atvs, you have - personal property tax can add up.

Gainesville, MO area has Fly Fishing for trout and some awesome streams, creeks, and rivers for Kayaking.

Got a Jeep or other 4wd street legal vehicle or ATV? The Mark Twain National Forest / Glade Top Trail offers some awesome off roading. Plus public hunting land during Deer Season. I'm in that area almost weekly leading / participating in trail rides:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Lots of water crossings

Attachment Attached File

And rock climbs:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Matt_The_Hokie:
Accepted a promotion at work today. Going to be working in Branson. Looking to move between Branson and Springfield. Maybe Nixa or Ozark. Wife is a nurse and is trying to get on at hospitals in Springfield. So trying to split the difference in commutes.

whats the weather like? What's the area like? I like to hunt fish and shoot. Where are good places for this. Looking for a good range, and good public land for hunting and kayak fishing. What's the best gun shop.
What are taxes like?
Any weird gun laws?constitutional carry?
Do you have state inspection on automobiles?
How are the liquor laws? State run or private stores?
any cool or interesting must dos in the area or state?
any helpful info in general.
View Quote

Been here for 8 months now.

Weather? Like Oklahoma id guess, probably a bit more rain and ice

Area like? Friendly, has just about everything you'd need
Ranges? Cherokee is a very nice indoor range. Andy Dalton is a great KD style range for zeroing. Has shotgun stuff but not my thing.
I haven't tried out the outdoor club range by Billings yet

Best gun shop? That's heavily subjective I'd say. I really like Eagle Armory, and Cherokee. A host of other shops

Inspection? Yep, it's a breeze and cheap.

Personal property taxes is the oddity. Make sure to get your tax exemption from your county tax people before going to register when you move.

Overall it's a great place to live so far as someone who just moved here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top