Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2022 6:12:16 PM EDT
got a recruiter hit from dominon for a 12 month contract in richmond.

i've never been back east or worked back east.

single guy so i just need a place to crash for 12 months when i'm not working.

learn me on the greater richmond VA area.

TIA
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Just don't live in the actual city. The surrounding areas are fine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Richmond is a good place to live.  Even the far west of the city is nice, but expensive.  Whole area (Richmond City, Chesterfield County, Henrico County, Hanover County) got more expensive over the last 2 years, but is still less than Northern Va and without the congestion. The traffic in RVA is not bad except where 64 and 95 meet during rush hour.  If you want when you are not working you can be at the beach or mountains in 2 hours. Richmond city has lots of small breweries and restaurants that can make it worth living in if walking to those is important to you.  The James river flows through Richmond with good fishing and even Rapids for rafting. Probably not worth joining a shooting club if you are only here a year, but Cavalier and Rivanna both have matches that are open to the public at least monthly and 45 to 75 miles away, respectively. Chesterfield and Hanover are more red, Henrico is more blue, Richmond city solid blue.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
lots of gun shops,

great beer

great food, if you are a foodie

no idea how old you are etc etc to suggest otherwise

as mentioned,  best to live outside of the city proper, with exceptions of course

city mayor is a douche of the highest degree,  

overflowing with history,

outdoor ranges are near,, but private
several indoor ranges

chock full of history
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't live in the city. Too much crime, especially by blacks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top